• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yugioh Upgrade Thread Revival

Season 0 and the Black Dragon Movie are in the same timeline, but separated from the other ones [Manga and Anime Duel Monsters].

@Yobo Which spirit world are we talking about @Yobo? (Season 4 and 5D's have two distinct ones)

That said, I don't think either of them had accepted the lore.

DMB 1 said:
BTW, where does Higher dimensional Zexal come from?
Ranking up was stated to be going up a plane of existence, but it was denied due to going up a plane being able to be interpreted as going to a different dimension

Its funny to see almoat no one in this thread has seen Yugioh GX at all.

The Spirit world is literally the duel monsters card lore, and Jaden can literally interact and destroy em.

And Yubel Jaden has resistance to mind manipulation on his own. https://youtu.be/YINoSYkQMMc

SomebodyData said:
@Yobo Which spirit world are we talking about @Yobo? (Season 4 and 5D's have two distinct ones)
That said, I don't think either of them had accepted the lore.
5d's and GX world, which I do believe did have the lore

ok, I'm asking lore, not if the monster's spirit became physical and took human form. (Honest doesn't even have a lore I believe and definitely lacks a flavor text)

Going "up" explicitly means transcending , We've used it in that sense quite a few times. It's not going to another dimension when they never refer to dimensions in ZEXAL in any other way other than a higher plane of reality . Wording + Intent matters... But i'm not bringing that up again.

Because at the very least most of these tier 4 feats are very likely outliers and are being discussed as such.

Matter of fact that reminds me.

@Somebody Data and @Dark649

Any issues with the Great Leviathan tier 4 feat of eating the sun? Would this be legit or do you guys think its also an outlier?

Well, if its not actually consistent and are just random out of the ordinary feats, yes they'll be outliers.

It's like what I said above. Just because a feat is an actual feat doesnt mean outliers cannot ever apply to them and get thrown out. Otherwise, a lot of characters here would have been given upgrades for a while now.

Like 5-C Roshi, 4-A Kaguya Otsutsuki, or 3-A Kibryverse. The latter of which has a much bigger amount of stuff going for them than Yugioh and is still only an outlier to this day.

Just list how many tier 4 feats there are and list how many tier 5. Then we can see the difference. With data.

Because maybe they actually are out of the ordinary? That the feats being mentioned are very inconsistent with ratings from much stronger characters, dont fit at all, and for some, are just hyperbole?

High 3-A Obelisk is very very un-supported in itself as I called out above. Regarding the Infinite ATK points not equaling tier 3 power in the slightest.

Thats funny.

I am quite sure Season 4 and Joey vs Marik had already proven that point, as i have shown earlier in the thread.

Specially since Obelisk's effect has been 100% consistent in the animeverse.

But, you already knew that, didnt you? Or, just pretend not to?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Those things not being proven in-verse isnt really my concern. Its how they translate to vs battle forms that concerns me.
Infinite ATK =/= Infinite stamina? Thing is, what actually proves this? There's no evidence that Infinite ATK means power as in an energy sense, and even if there is, having infinite energy is much more closer to having endless stamina than just having 3-A power. Otherwise, if this wasnt the case, then even characters like Andriods 16, 17 and 18 would have been each 3-A ever since the Andriod Saga, which definitely isnt true. And this is especially glaring if there are no actual universe feats being done to support this.

In addition, adding Infinity loops to each other doesnt mean its beyond infinity. The only way thats even remotely possible is if your Tier 0, which these guys obviously aren't. Its far more likely to either be another game mechanic like effect or flowerly hyperbole.

Also, I dont know anything about Touhou, but Beyblade has zero game mechanic feats in it and as someone whos the main reason the verse is even on this site at all, I can assure you that its a major false equivalancy to compare it to Yu-Gi-Oh.

Plus, using Joey and Marik is...not a good example to help this get passed. Because neither are consistently deailing with anything beyond human tier attacks. Even with the benefit of the doubt, definitely not tier 3 ones. So if anything, using them just points more to this being another outlier than actually being legit.
Requoting what I stated above earlier in the thread about it.

Why requote it when it has already been confirmed as such in my previous posts?

Joey vs Marik and season 4 are still going to contradict your headcanon.

Its not headcanon when the latter have no feats of surviving attacks that are even beyond human tier, let alone tier 3. Thats one of the things that makes this very outliersh for it being incredibly inconsistent.

That is your choice and that is fine, but if there's no actual counter to these feats being outliers, im not going to agree with them. That is my stance here.

Also, as someone honestly trying to keep things civil from what happened in the last threads, as you should too please, we need to keep the "strawman" and "headcanon" cards out of this discussion. We don't need a repeat of the Bleach revisions and how they went down. We are better than this and im sure this time we can all have a calm, nice civil discussion even if we disagree on stuff.

Your stance has been debunked earlier in the thread.

But hey, its your choice to realize that. I cannot force you to, as much as id like to.

Seriously this fight between you two has tired me as well.

But alas, i must say i do agree with the upgrades, they seem to have at least some kind of proof behind em.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Easy.

Marik vs Joey and Season 4. Its easy to know this, if you watched Yugioh.
I already countered this though by saying these 2 are part of the reason for making this an outlier. Plus mentioning the material that was already talked about above isnt debunking the notion of this being an outlier.

@Yobo

Read my previous reply please. Im being 100% civil here and am trying my best to keep it like that and not have it turn into last time. I disagree with him and his arguments but that doesnt mean im going directly at him. Im not insulting or being snarkish at all.

EDIT: Not to mention, recalling one instance of something that, even if it could, help support a rating for characters, doesn't at all disprove the notion of the rating being an outlier. A verse can have a whole pletora of stuff in their favor and they'll still count as Outliers.

>Outlier

Throwing that strawman around again.

Kukui, do you have anything of value to add to the discussion or will this just go on and on like last time?

It has already been debunked by the consistency of the feats.

Back