• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yugi Muto Vs Lelouch vi Britannia

Dark Yugi is being used and Lelouch has no equipment

Speed equalized

One on One game of chess match

God cards resticted

Shadow game has been activated

>God Cards restricted

Id love to see someone try to win a game of chess by summoning the egyptian gods lol

Throw the god cards? That's hilarious, but I'm pretty sure that's not legal in chess, lol.

Also, does Atem not have probability manipulation through the whole, "Heart of the cards" thing? He can literally manipulate what card he draws. I'm sure that would help him with chess. Supernaturally tipping the scales in his favor seems pretty effective.

Cards and Chess are completely different though. Card games are a mix of chance and skill while Chess is pure skill, no chance involved. I don't believe the "Heart of the Cards" will help much here.

This is actually better given Lelouch can actually fight back in the game without being doomed against Yugi's supernatural luck.

Say, what about not only the battle of wits but also some sort of "psychological warfare" of sorts? I could be wrong, but didn't Lelouch did play chess against some of his enemies as a sort of test of character? To see what kind of people were they based on their decisions and such? This also could tie with what Yugi mentions about Shadow Games and how the unravel a person's true nature.

@Apies

This is true, but I'm fairly certain Yugi's luck also works in the game of dice monsters, which isn't a card game. It seems doubtful that it's limited to just card games, like with the other protagonists.

My point was it'll affect games with a strong Element of chance, not specifically just card games.

That being said, Yami Yugi is a dirty, rotten cheater according to the first two chapters of the manga.

Ah. I see. I suppose that is fair. Though, as with many games, luck is still a factor in the form of making mistakes. Even in video games, pro players can drop combos at critical moments. Chess players could easily make mistakes or less than ideal plays. Of course, given practice and experience, in either case both are less likely. But less likely doesn't equal impossible.

The shadow game is also a supernatural phenomena. I doubt Lelouch will be expecting supernatural occurrences from a mere game of chess. So it's possible that he could make more mistakes/less ideal plays than he usually would.

I also forgot about Yugi being a cheat. Lol

Back