• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the movie, which we already stated is only canon to the 4kids dub, whereas the novel is likely to be canon to the anime.

Bakura wasn't in the movie or the novel I don't think? And even if that was true, you left out the W H E E L E R man.

Well, but you cannot deny that it came out first, and made canon by the novel.

That does not mean the movie isnt canon at all, it means it was made canon by the novel.

yeah but if the novel is now the canon version of it the movie doesnt matter anymore because the novel and what it has/doesn't have over the movie is now what we follow or something

Then this wouldnt be anime Yugi at all.

And the point of the novel is to say that the Japanese autors have the intent of making it canon to the anime.

The only major difference is that its unknown if the other duelists aside from Yugi have the hax in the novel, while in the movie, it was shown everyone can.

**** you mean it wouldnt be anime yugi it would be '''dub '''yugi since 4Kids changes important shit on a whim

Dark's got it right. Anyway I'm still on the grey line because we still haven't finished up the argument about the movie. The movie itself would go along the lines of "oh no i dont want to go to the shadow realm" Yugi rather than the original anime. Then again, since it was a dub original, I don't know if I even want to put it with the actual original.

And again, what says that the Anubis' statement implies it will always remain to be "real"? This isn't an argument I'm just forgetful.

No, the novel does not make the movie canon. The novel is the Japanese's version of the movie.

Basically, PoL (Novel) is canon and PoL (movie) isn't.

Well, if anubis didnt give them their powers, then it implies theybhad the hax all along.

Why would anubis give Yugi, Kaiba, Joey and pegasus DM hax?

I'm pretty sure a Shadow Game isn't restricted to the one who initiated it. Any duelists near him or fighting him would have been affected.

It's restricted to the one who initated it and the participant(s) as far as my memory serves. Joey couldn't see Shadow Game stuff when Yugi fought Pegasus.

Wait we talking about the movie again? I'm not sure Pegasus or Joey summoned them irl in the novel.

If anything, the novel just restricts this to Yugi(Because he summoned Shining Dragon and used its effect) and Kaiba (Who had the Shining Dragon card). But, it is implied that Pegasus and other Millenium Item users can also use DM hax irl.

Not to mention, Pegasus has tons of Reality Warping feats with his eye.

Well no, the shadow game was still going on and both Kaiba and Yugi were its participants. Yugi even stated that it should have ended.

Yeah, actually, here is the quote:

""And Game of Darkness was supposed to be over already!" Yugi exclaimed"

Exactly, it didn't end that's the point. Hence why it would still count under the shadow game rules.

That's a more plausible theory, but Yugi only made them replicate lifelike things. They're still Illusions in the end.

Erm...No.

It was shown Yugi could use Shining Dragon´s effect irl.

There is no illusion magic involved in PoL.

Seriously, are you THAT against irl DM hax? If they were just illusions, then Anubis would have been driven crazy instead of destroyed.

I wasn't talking about POL Shadow Games specifically. But I mean yeah, if I disagree with it, that means I'm against it.

I rrally have got sickedned by this

Do you have anything that proves that they were illusions or not?

From what ive seen its obvious they are real and can cause irl damge and use card effects. Which happens both in the movie Nd in the novel.

So, present proof or yiu will stand corrected.

Depends on what you're asking, do you want illusions on Shadow Games in general or only on stuff that was happening in PoL specifically? Depending on your answer I can do some searching later tonight once I get home.

Neither of you have really brought anything of evidence here. It is quite literally called holograms on a daily outside of Shadow Games and the influence of the Great Leviathan.

@Megaboy read the novel again. I already pointed out they were still in a shadow game. Rapid here has a point, the hax would be restricted to a shadow game.

I'm fine with a "Possibly High 3-A with Obelisk in a Shadow Game" Although, it needs to be pointed out the only way for it to happen would be if Yugi is bloodlusted, Yugi can make enough plays to get the field ready in the time his enemy does even one action, and if he can get the enemy to play a shadow game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back