• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't an argument, that was just a comment. This shit's between you and SD, I'm mostly focused on an entirely different aspect here.

How can i not be sarcastic when this has gone for days and your argument is literally "Nuh huh, I was kever debunked and all of you are wrong".

Seriously, cut me some slack.

Or just stop derrailing and lets just agree that DM hax is a thing.

I have not seen you post any scans, Kukui.

"How can I not be sarcastic when this has gone for days and your argument is literally "Nuh huh, I was kever debunked and all of you are wrong"

First of all, "going on for days" is not an excuse to be rude and sarcastic to someone. There's a difference between getting upset from a debate and being insulting to others for having different sides in a debate.

Second of all, you wouldnt have to be sarcastic if you actually posted real counters to my own or others. And you havent.

And for the record, I have literally 0 access to the movie other than having it downloaded to my PC, so taking scans from it is kind of not an option.

I think that between you and me, one of us has shown proof of what they are aaying and the other one has just kept postimg "nuh uh im right and your wrong".

Post scans or some proof before you just post your headcannon again.

@Kukui

If you have it downloaded, you can probably prt sc, paste in paint, and then save images.

@Rapid

You didn't even read his post, he just said he didn't have scan access.

@Mega

Nobody can force that ideology just because people are "derailing" or whatever's going on in your mind. This shit isn't gonna be solved just from you four going on with each other. There'll probably be more involvement that'll be needed. Going "submit now!! reeeeee!!" isn't going to work when its you and Rapid vs Kukui and SD, a perfectly two-sided match where the latter has had actual.

It is literally impossible to resolve anything otherwise, the same thing goes for the other thread. Not unless you want to start from the beginning, but I doubt any one of you few have the patience to start from square one for about the third time.

In fact, i did more than that.

I watched the entire movie and posted proof of what i said and argued.

You have not posted any proof of PoL not being canon just to keep away yugi for High 3-A. Yeah, you either dislike the verse or really want to ruin everything for the rest of us. Just admit it.

Not that it will change anything, since both Season 4 and PoL prove DM hax and its just a mterr of time till you just give up and admit the upgrades.

"Watched the entire movie " and "You have not posted any proof of PoL not being canon"

We've already pointed out that it was made by 4Kids several times at this point. The novel, on the other hand, lacks any of the contradictions and was made by the actual creator [[1]].

"Yeah, you either dislike the verse or really want to ruin everything for the rest of us. Just admit it."

Ignoring the fact I'm not the only one disagreeing (In fact, the majority disagrees), that is a straight up appeal to motive. Do you want to commit any more fallacies?

At this point, I don't think you know what DM hax is.

Monsters becoming real = accepted.

DM hax = Game mechanics being real = zero proof and not accepted.

What you have been providing as proof of DM Hax = Monsters becoming real = not what DM Hax is.

This is turning into the Bleach revisions all over again at this point. People spamming "headcanon!!!" because they cant accept their arguments being disagreed against and countered.

Its headcannon because you have not posted any proof PoL movie and movie do not show real hax.

In the movie, Anubis uses magic cards irl to attack Yugi and Kaiba and Yugi uses Shining´s effects to destroy Anubis.

and in the novel, we only see the effect part

If anything, DM hax is confirmed for monster card effects.

Woah, i think we are on the wrong page.

I do see that the monsters are real. sure.

But their effects are too based on the novel´s conclusion where Shining uses its effect to kill Anubis.

And this would scale to both High 3-A anime Sacrifice Obelisk and Beyond Inifnity Knight of Destiny.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Woah, i think we are on the wrong page.
I do see that the monsters are real. sure.

But their effects are too based on the novel´s conclusion where Shining uses its effect to kill Anubis.

And this would scale to both High 3-A anime Sacrifice Obelisk and Beyond Inifnity Knight of Destiny.
wasn't beyond infinity dub-only?

And i ask you, does that matter?

Its not the first time Anime DM Rules are bent or changed.

First off, this is from the movie you so say its non canon, but ill reply.

1.- Anubis uses Inferno Tempest to take away all monsters for Yugi´s deck, and that checks out becvause we see all of his cards flying away from his deck the next scene.

2.-Fallout, while not really shown, it would just affect Anubis´s ATK and DEF since he "special summoned" himself as a monster. (Which is backed up by Shining Dragon being able to destroy him with his effect.

And Fallout was replaced by other card on the Japanese version of the film, ill go to have check, but since its not canon, i dont really see the need to atm.

And aside from the summoning, Shining´s effect is accurate by sacrificing itself again to destroy Anubis.

If anything, this would mean Yugi can summon wathever the hell he wants if the moment calls for it.

Its not like Anubis wasnt dreaking the rules by attacking one of the players, taking its place, summon monsters out of his hand without sacrifice and then physically assaulting the other player(s).

So its justified as long the other cplayer cheats.

It matters a lot when the rules are broken are you are trying to prove that the game effects exist.

I only brought out those two examples since you mentioned them earlier tho.

1. Yeah, all of them, not just monsters.

2. We don't see the atk or def counters for him tho. Assuming game mechanics = real, then those should be real as well.

What? That's perhaps the biggest assumption in the thread.

>Ceating in the ygo anime is an argumrnt to negate all effects lol

1.-Look at those magic and trap cards bruh

Screenshot 20180226-104200
while yeah some other cards fall off, it is shown that the autors intended for the effects to be accurate...most of the time.

2.- They are, we do see Anubis using the PoL to raise his sphinix monster's attack to 35000. But we do not really see the monster form get more atk points, but there is no real reason to not consider them real.

1. Author's intent is a fallacy.

2. The Sphinx monster was during the card game remember? The argument is after it. If we don't see an increase of exactly 4000, how could you consider it real?

1.-Your argument is a fallacy. They show it destroying monster cards only, the rest is an animation error.

2.-It still bends the rules and even duelists from outside the game could attack Anubis. Like Joey and Pegasus. and you are arguing something doesnt happen because it is not shown. Did you forget the attack points are inly shown on yhe big plasma tv on the background?

Also, why are we discussing this? Wasnt the movie deemed not canon?

1. Oh? What fallacy is it? "They show it destroying monster cards only, the rest is an animation error." .... Seriously?

2. Attack Points were always showed even without the plasma tv screen...

Idk, Rapid brought it up for some reason, I was just responding. Although, the novel only has the Shining Dragon part, so it does get rid of the entire "evidence" part.

1.-Even i can see it is an OBVIOUS animation error. They show monsters cards flying away Yugi's deck but then animate multiple card times next shot. You dont have an argument here.

2.-While magic and trap cards might or might not have their effects irl, with just Shinign Dragon we have High 3-A Sacrifice Obelisk and wathevr tier Knight of destiny

1. That's not enough evidence to prove its an animation error.

2. Ah so now another assumption/contradiction. Are you keeping track of the amount of assumptions / contradictions that has to be made in order for game mechanics = canon? If not I can tell you.

1.It literally is. You have to scenes that contradict each other frames from each other. Prove it is not an animatiom errror. Because, think ive already proven it is.

2.-Are you realy reading what you are writing? You just said shining Dragon' part is in the novel, which shows Monster Effects to be usable irl. (Specially since Shinign Dragon cannot beat a 4000 atk monster without its effect.) Infinite Obelisk IS A MONSTER EFFECT. Knight of destiny IS A CARD EFFECT. We've stopped talking aboit the movie a day ago.

1. Because one scene only shows as the effect happens whereas the next shows the complete effect of the card? But I'll drop this since its from the movie.

2. Shining Dragon also did not listen to its summoning requirement and did not just destroy the dragon, but also the card. You can't just say "Oh, currently we have one example of a card effect working whereas we have countless others that don't. The difference is that it was a monster, therefore monster effects are real." That's a Hasty Generalization fallacy.

Are we still discussing this?

It shows that only monster cards were being tossed away from Yugi's deck and then the next scene shows cards of every color.

Its not too hard to see that.

Oh my dearest god.

DM anime break the rules every single episode. Are we going to claim that Yugi not havinf his legs cut off is PIS?

My god, you are trying to say nothing happens because they did not summon Shining Dragon correctly the second time.

Espcially when Anubis was already breaking the rules in the firsr place?

Well, pack it up boys, Season 1 is not canon anymore thabks to Data.

http://i63.tinypic.com/zjt0dl.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/302xczk.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/16au249.jpg

The organization of the screenshots is super messy, I compiled them over the course of several short breaks at work. There's a lot to unpack here because of how confusing the phrasing and terminology can be but I'll do my best in the limited amount of time I have right now.

"Darkness" almost always refers to the character and/or his card(s) with that in the name. "darkness" almost always refers to the 'gentle darkness', the force that opposes the "light of destruction".

"Darkness" embodies the "World of Darkness" which exists between the "darkness" and the "light".

"Universe" and "world" are often used interchangeably which causes problems when interpreting feats and statements. That said, when Darkness says universe, we can safely assume that he literally means that because his description of how 'the universe' was formed included the development of many other stars and planets. Unless we're to assume he meant "star system" but that seems highly unlikely.

The light of destruction is consistently referred to as a universal threat across multiple different arcs by multiple diff characters. This should put the light of destruction (which is an entity itself) at 3-A or Low 2-C along with the gentle darkness and its wielder, the Supreme King. I believe it was also stated somewhere that the light of destruction has "reset" the universe multiple times before but I don't have screenshots of that so take it for what you will.

Now, for Yubel's feat. From what I understand, it was listed at 2-C a while back but was later downgraded to 5-B. I'd imagine that this was because of the conversation Judai has with the neospacian in his first encounter with them showing neospace orbiting Jupiter. We've never seen any kind of 3-D linear travel between the duel monster dimensions and the regular setting of GX at all. I know this probably sounds farfetched but we don't even know if that was the "same Jupiter" as should exist in the aforementioned regular setting. But we do know that Yubel, the one who was going to fuse and destroy said 'universes' referred to them directly as "dimensional universes". Merging them should at the very least be upper end High 3-A (assuming the other 11 dm "dimensions" are not actually universe sized) or 2-C and destroying the combined universe could be either 3-A or Low 2-C.

Darkness, himself, is pretty tricky. He embodies what appears to be a void that exists between light and darkness. Aaaaand welp, I'm out of time for now but I have an argument for High 3-A Darkness with immeasurable speed and high godly regen coming so uh, yeah preview I guess

PIS and blatantly contradicting you guys several times more than its consistent are two different things

How about we ask an outside staff member to put this to rest.

I dont trusr you with any of your friends.

You are Kuku in the other thrrad are socks in my mind.

Bring Lina Shields or Matthew here and w'll see.

It does not change that youve replying the same debunked arguments oer and over.

Wow, just for disagreeing with you? Jeez...

Interesting how you and Mega both think that...

You do know the people you just mentioned are my friends?... But sure, I'll bring Matt over, though not sure if Lina has time.

No, you guys just fail to actually debunk them...

Also read the part where it ignores its summoning condition, then proceeds to not just destroy the dragon itself but also the card. Or how this is the only case a card even remotely works like its card effects. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back