• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favorite boss battle ever

What are your favorite boss battles in video games history and why? I think my favorite one is battle with Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising, because of the absolutely amazing themes , and it's so hilarious, epic and meaningful at the same time, especially that part when at first you think Senator is just an evil guy who wants destruction but in second phase you realize you were wrong and you're basically the same as him.

Also, Soul of Cinder and Slave Knight Gael from Dark Souls 3 are on my list

Senator Armstrong is a great choice, and up there for me! But I'd have to go with the battle against Vergil (Devil May Cry) in Devil May Cry 3. The culmination of Dante's character arc + an impactful ending to the story + arguably one of the hardest boss battles in gaming = an experience I will never forget.

I've never got to Vergil. I played DMC3 and 4 but eventually I forget that I even have those games :p

I don't have a long history with video games but my favorite boss battle would definitely be Flowey

The setup was so insane and the whole section where he becomes vulnerable and you have to attack him is easily one of the most exhilarating things I've ever experienced with all those attacks chaotically flying around and the souls helping you through. The music was also just phenomenal

I liked Asriel fight more when it comes to Undertale, not talking about Sans because it's controversial

Asriel's fight was good too but it wasn't as unique as Flowey's fight and to me the latter was far more thrilling, that's why I favor it more

I preferred Toriel. Seeing her face when she accidentally kills you, and killing her when you first play through the game... they are pretty emotional moments.

Undertale was simple in mechanics, but honestly, it had a lot of really excellent and genuinely memorable boss fights.

Along with Isaac it had best bullet hell fights for me to be honest, and the battle themes were so nice, like Asgore's one. Great game

Oh hell yeah, that theme gave me chills when I first heard it even though the name is bloody impossible to say out loud

Probably Final Hazard from SA2, call me nostalgia blind if you will but the inital battle with Shadow fighting his giant lizard prototype before a panicked final bout as the Super hedgehogs in a race against the clock to stop the ark from crashing into and destroying the planet, with Live and Learn blurting out in the background. 7 year old Dust Collector was a very happy boy when he got to that part.

Terra-nort while playing as Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for me. Fighting him was almost like fighting another player since he likes to heal himself alot in battle.

Not my favorite, but the one I remember having the most fun against would be Mecha Spongebob from battle for bikini bottom. That one will always stick with me.

Assuming mods are allowed, a lot of the bosses from Terraria Calamity are really good and fit nicely into the game. The mod has great music (but apparently people harassed the creator of the music and made him disable all the comments).

Honorable mentions from that mod would be Crabulon and the Devourer of Gods. Crabulon is on the much more goofier side of things, which fits with the early parts of Terraria having bosses like giant bees and a skeleton. Crabulon is also nice and simple with an upbeat song, but can be challenging if you are under prepared or new. DoG is post Moonlord and fits perfectly with the feel of Post Moonlord. He's still has light moments like constantly calling you kid and generally having the attitude of a salty CS:GO player, but he eats gods for a living and is another sign of the apocalypse for Terraria (one the npcs from the mod even remarks that the universe should have been destroyed when DoG died). He has a great soundtrack and is extremely difficult, one shoting you sometimes and also fills the screen with attacks, but all those attacks have easy ways around them if you know what you're doing and if you well equipped.

There was another boss I wanted to talk about but I forgot and it's really annoying me that I forgot so quickly.

Edit: I remembered the boss I forgot. Hircine is nowhere close to being the best boss or my favorite, but my game broke the first time I fought him so instead of the werewolf form making me slight faster, it made me jump thousands of feet and run across the entire map in minutes (Morrowind usually takes around an hour to walk across). So it was really fun just beating Hircine into the dirt with my super over powered, literally broken, werewolf.

Probably the following:

Sans (Undertale)

Dark Bowser (Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story)

Dialga (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky)

Lady Maria and Ludwig the Holy Blade (Bloodborne)

Lothric/Lorian and Nameless King (Dark Souls 3)

Sword Saint Isshin and Owl (Father) (Sekiro)

Terramorphous the Invincible (Borderlands 2)

Mech-suit Nikolai Belinski (COD Black Ops 3)

Cyberdemon and Icon of Sin (DOOM)

For me, the greatest Boss in video game history would be the Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day. Strange and unusual as it is, it's also got an absolutely hilarious song and the whole fight is epic with it getting better and better as the fight progresses. But the best part is the finishing touch. This video sums it all up perfectly.

This is a fun one b0ss

Hop's favorite is probably Jetstream Sam from Metal Gear Rising. Not as high octane as Senator Armstrong, however, it is faster and far less scripted, and allows a highly skilled player to either wipe the floor with him, or remind him that technique and game mechanics are everything. You can't blindly rush into him at higher difficulties and you should come prepared even if you're highly skilled, as he has a few instances where he can strike out several health bars during an animation. Also the music, setting and the side character commentary really put into perspective the relationship these two developed. Strange too, as they've met maybe 3 times period. Then again, Sam fooking cut Raiden's arm off.

Back