• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your character/verse goes to a certain Rick's pawn shop

i did this before but it died

Your character arrives in Las Vegas at a pawn shop where they meets Rick and his gang of buyers, where you(The characters) will sell, buy or pawn.

You has to give a relatively short informative text about what your character wants to sell and pawn

Your character will be able to buy what someone else's character sold at the pawn shop.

The pawn shop has Tier -1 Protection against any hax to get better prices, Minus a social influence based on the arguments you make.

I will be the one who does the dialogues of the characters of the price of the story but you can choose who attends you.

images

So what is your price?

Hmmm, Imma use Hajime for this one, and he shall bid... a necklace!

now you might think, "hey, this is just a normal necklace with some 5 yen coin attached to it!" but what you want to know is that you can hypnotize other peeps with it with conceptual and law based mind and soul control! it can even transform your target into a splendid villager! (think of it like an npc villager)

starting bid? 2000 dollars! but the effect is immense lemme tell ya as I look at his numerous victims

Hmmm, Imma use Hajime for this one, and he shall bid... a necklace!

now you might think, "hey, this is just a normal necklace with some 5 yen coin attached to it!" but what you want to know is that you can hypnotize other peeps with it with conceptual and law based mind and soul control! it can even transform your target into a splendid villager! (think of it like an npc villager)

starting bid? 2000 dollars! but the effect is immense lemme tell ya as I look at his numerous victims
chung after seeing and touching it would say this mythical partially non-canonical phrase

arQLg76w_700w_0.jpg

Rick: While I mostly take mind control as nonsense, let's just say I believe you, how resist the item is and if you have the papers to own such a Item, this can cut its price in half(you can't make it, you need a scan of the series or something that says it's owned)

(so I need prove for this? alright)

this scan here shows exactly the usage of it, it's also supposed to be owned by this dude but Hajime here can just remake the necklace industrially, but for now he'll just made one and will made another one if anyone want to commissioned him, with measly quarter of the bidding price!

Rick: While this looks promising, if you don't mind I can call in an expert on mind control and necklace?

sure! go for it! though beware, he or she might... never be the same again after you applied the hypnosis

After a moment a window in reality opened, there is a man inside that many know!
Stephen_Strange_%28Temporal_Remnant%29_%28Earth-616%29_from_Death_of_Doctor_Strange_Vol_1_1_001.jpg

Rick: Thank you Doctor for your time.

Dr. Strange: You're welcome, I owed you a favor, well let me see the object.

Rick would give the necklace to Doctor Strange, who would review it.

Dr. Strange: It seems to be true but its price is unstable, Rick, do you see these symbols? It seems that your item can be made in mass, which can reduce the price a bit.

Rick: I see Doctor.

Oh Hello there Doctor Strange! it's so nice to meet you!

Well i did said that Hajime can industrially made it like some sort of food industry, this is the example of the product you can say, with that I think 1600 dollars will suffice no?

Rick: If you get a signature on the necklace and paperwork I guess its collector value might separate it from knockoffs or mass production

Dr. Strange: Nice to meet you young warrior too.

hmm, a signature huh? well if you take a look at the edge of the 5 yen coin there, there's a small carving of the maker's name, which is Nagumo Hajime himself, to separate the original to the mass produce one. He also apparently carve additional something there but for some reason i can't remember it? Ugh... Haulia... Training... Abyssgate cockroach...

...whoah! sorry kinda spaced out there, and yeah here's the paperwork that whoever try to steal his design or idea, they shall turn into his Haulia underling, i think this is enough?

Doctor Strange: We see later

Rick: Thanks for your help Strange, I guess it's fine, come over here, i do the paperwork to give your 1,600 Dollars

(Do you want to make a Goodbye scene that the clientele does to the camera directly after leaving the store?)

Well you see, i once work with Hajime-san before and uh... it ain't pretty that's for sure, but that's all in the past now and he gave me bunch of stuff that's useful for defensive purpose, and then Lord Abyssgate gave me the necklace as a hand me down since he got a better version of it, but i need a lot of money, specifically for a certain singularity in order to go to another world where it's peaceful, so uh yeah, I sold it, and i plan to introduce them to said peaceful world

oops! i need to go there now so cya!

i did this before but it died

Your character arrives in Las Vegas at a pawn shop where they meets Rick and his gang of buyers, where you(The characters) will sell, buy or pawn.

You has to give a relatively short informative text about what your character wants to sell and pawn

Your character will be able to buy what someone else's character sold at the pawn shop.

The pawn shop has Tier -1 Protection against any hax to get better prices, Minus a social influence based on the arguments you make.

I will be the one who does the dialogues of the characters of the price of the story but you can choose who attends you.

images

So what is your price?

Standard Equipment: Mewnium Z (Allows use of Genesis Supernova), Lum Berry (Cures Mew of any status condition once), Salac Berry (Raises Mew's speed when eaten)

I doubt it'll sell its exclusive Z-Stone, so let's consider the other items.

What is a Lum Berry?
It's supposedly based on a plum.
In game mechanics, its flavor in earlier gens was 0 in all 5 of the categories, those being Spicy, Dry, Sweet, Bitter, & Sour.
Later on, its flavors were adjusted to a relatively low 10 in everything except Sour.
As a Curry Ingredient, it is described as "A Berry that has a well-balanced flavor, although it lacks sourness. It has a lot of nutrients that are good for Pokémon."

Its size is 1.3 inches or 3.4 centimeters, & its hardness is Super Hard.
If consumed, it cures a Pokemon's status conditions.
As Bulbapedia points out:
  • The Lum Berry is the only Berry with a unique growth period; all other Berries share theirs with at least two others. This is only true in Generation IV, however, as the Leppa Berry was the only Berry that grew in 16 hours in Generation III.
It is described as "Slow to grow. If raised with loving care, it may grow two Berries." & "This Berry's gradual process of storing nutrients beneficial to Pokémon health causes it to mature slowly."

It cures status conditions when consumed by Pokemon, but its unclear if it has the same effects for non-Pokemon species, such as humans. However, it seems safe for human consumption, especially with preparation, as it's a useable curry ingredient. (It is also used in Pokeblocks & Poffins, & anime recipes, I'm sure.)

& the Salac Berry?
When consumed by a Pokemon, it raises Speed by 1 stage. In game mechanics, this is 50% of base. But it's dubious if it'd have any effect on humans when consumed.

It is 3.7 inches or 9.5 centimeters in size, & Very Hard.

It takes about 96 hours to fruit.

It seems to be based on a cactus, & is named for the Salak, a real world palm tree cultivated in some regions as a food crop.
The Salac Berry's flavoring scores a 0 or lower in Spicyness & Dryness, & has equally high Sweetness & Sourness, with low bitterness. In Gen 3, it was -1 Spicy, -3 Dry, +4 Sweet, -4 Bitter, & +4 Sour. In Gen 4 onwards, this was changed to 0 in Spicy & Dry, 30 in Sweet, Bitterness was strangely increased to 10, & Sour also became 30.

As a curry ingredient, it is described as "A slightly rare Berry. The flesh underneath its bumpy skin is incredibly sweet and sour."
According to tag descriptions, it is "rumoured to contain/be imbued the power of the sky". I have no clue why it is described as such.

Both if sold by vendors, would be priced at about 20 Pokedollars each, & purchased by them for about 10. If you're to assume that Pokedollars are analogous to Japanese Yen, given Pokemon's Japanese origin, then that's about 14 cents.
AFAIK, both are considered a Common Berry by the Gourmet Maniac, who will thus buy it for 20 Pokedollars.

So yeah. Exotic cultivars, that can be grown to fruiting in less than a week each. (Although each plant only produces a few berries.)
Ostensibly safe for human consumption, especially if cooked.

1 is a green plum smaller in diameter than your thumb, that's very hard, with a balanced flavour that yet lacks in sourness, & supposedly grows slowly to store nutrients, & may produce 2 berries if "raised with loving care".

The other is a spikey, semi-cactus-like thing with a diameter/size slightly bigger than a person's palm, is Super Hard, & has bumpy skin & incredibly sweet & sour flesh.

The OP's exact words were "You has to give a relatively short informative text about what your character wants to sell and pawn", rather than saying my character, so I assume that falls onto me, the player, rather than the flying cat to introduce these wares.

(Also, when I saw the title of this thread, I somehow expected the pawn shop run by the devil from Rick & Morty.)

(Well not necessarily, it can be your character literally, not you, but I suppose that in some occasions like this or with large size characters it would work)

Chumlee: Interesting elements that you bring, at the time these Berry were considered as a first prize scientific discovery, in turn the production was a bit illegal for a while but it has been resolved, now the mushrooms of that red plumber are more illegal, anyway, why you want to sell it?, you could plant them and create your own store, it's not even because of excess space that you can lose, after all, you could make desserts with this

(Well not necessarily, it can be your character literally, not you, but I suppose that in some occasions like this or with large size characters it would work)
(Are you positing that a "you", as in, me, Imaginym, is the 1 presening Mew's goods to the shop, rather than Mew itself? I can work with that, just confused.)

(Can be yourself, it can be Mew or if you want it can be Mew and you translating what he says like his partner/lawyer of some kind)

(Can be yourself, it can be Mew or if you want it can be Mew and you translating what he says like his partner/lawyer of some kind)
(Understandable. Since this seems like a pseudo-RP sort of thread, should I attempt to define characters such as non-Mews who introduce goods & such on behalf of others?)

(More or less, yes)
(Difficult to determine who'd present it, then, since Mew lacks a canonical trainer. Maybe a Pokemon protagonist, but most are not are not age of majority, if that's problematic. So it's either indistinct appearance, the protagonist's default appearance, or however the user makes their Pokemon player character avatar appear when playing. Sorry for any awkwardness. So for all I know, it could be generic Pokemon protagonist, a blonde blue-eyed, caucasian woman, or whatever. ....Or even just a Super Nerd, lol.)

Other characters I like, hmmm.... (Note: Some of these don't have profiles on VSBW.)

Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Stoic, cares about her friends, values the teachings of her masters. Keyblade is practically unsellable, since IIRC, Keyblades will auto-recall if held by the unworthy. Unsure what they'd have. Several kinds of Potions, Ethers, & Elixirs, unsure if she's in any games where there are Synthesis Recipes, which would be far more valuable to merchants.

Rook Blonko: A young, literal-minded, by the books Revonnahgander employed as a Plumber, "Plumbers" being basically space cops that specialize in alien-related stuff.

Batman (Batman: The Brave & the Bold.): A serious, yet pleasantly lighthearted incarnation of Batman, who upholds the fists of justice. I love him for that & him keeping professional.

Agent K (Men in Black: The Animated Series.): Much like Rook Blonko. Agent K is part of MiB, is a secret organization that monitors alien activity, but Agent J is a stoic, veteran professional. Sometimes jobs.

Those last 3 all have a problem in common, though: I do not think they would have any business at a pawn shop unless he suspected it had some connection to unlawful activity, in which case, selling stuff there might just be some kind of sting operation.
If they're trading anything, it's for information, & any goods they could & would actually sell are uncommon & uncertain in nature.

Marinette-Dupain Cheng: Adolescent daughter in a family of bakers, aspiring professional fashion designer. Even if she was of age of majority, unsure the pawn shop takes perishables like macarons & croissants, & I don't think she'd be okay with just selling her designs that she poured her heart into & have had the praise of renowned fashion industry names like Gabriel Agreste.

Adrien Agreste: Adolescent son of said renowned fashioned industry name, Gabriel Agreste. However, since his job is being a fashion model, unless they buy networking or sponsored beauty products, he has no business there either.

Vaarsuvius (Link to V's profile on a non-VSBW Wiki, linking to the subsection about their items.): Vaarsuvius is a High Elf with an exceptionally long-winded manner of speaking. (& a gender deliberately kept ambiguous by the author, hence often being refered to by their name, Vaarsuvius, or as just "V".)
Headband of Intellect+4: Just as it says.
Ring of Wizardry III or IV: Stolen from the treasure horde of the Epic Level Lich, Xykon, V states that the ring would allow them to cast Suggestion, a third level spell, many times. Thus the ring must be a level III or IV Ring of Wizardry, doubling V's 3rd or 4th level slots. Assume it allows an otherwise non-magically adept wearer to cast Suggestion, that could be very useful. It's also been known to work regardless of species, so long as the target understands the user's language, as seen when Vaarsuvius as a lizard used it against a dragon who knew Lizard language.
Orange Prism Ioun Stone Bracelet: Stolen from psion Laurin Shattersmith, & V later had it crafted into a bracelet by a gnome Artificer. Vaarsuvius benefits from the stone when Blackwing (V's crow familiar.) is nearby due to their familiar relationship. It grants +1 caster level to all spells cast.

& as the Wiki says, V also has the items:
  • V also possesses the following items: a doily, two small gemstones, many scrolls and spellbooks, Finding Plot Holes for Dummies, twelve more books, two potions, apricot-scented face gel, a chalice, a jar of diamond dust, Bleedingham papers, defensive potions, Tarquin's whip, and a portrait of Inkyrius.
Bleedingham is a city in the Empire of Blood, which V's party needed entry papers for. Tarquin was the general/Chief Warlord of the Empire of Blood, who, with some old, fellow high-level characters in other parts of the continent, puppeted the empire as its "General" in title, but ruler in function. He is the father of V's bard party member, Elan, & Tarquin was a heavy believer in understanding & exploiting the laws of the dramatic for his & his empire's benefit, which went well for him for a while.

Inkyrius is Vaarsuvius's Elf "mate"; In a similar vein as Vaarsuvius, Inkyrius' gender is ambiguous and to confuse matters further, their adopted children refer to them as "Parent" and "Other Parent". Currently, they are divorced.

Some of those might be sold, though I'm not sure of the specifics, but magic items & rare treasures surely have value.
Chumlee: Interesting elements that you bring, at the time these Berry were considered as a first prize scientific discovery, in turn the production was a bit illegal for a while but it has been resolved, now the mushrooms of that red plumber are more illegal, anyway, why you want to sell it?, you could plant them and create your own store, it's not even because of excess space that you can lose, after all, you could make desserts with this
(If I'm to go with the Super Nerd persona....)
Uhhh.... I'm selling it because I've got my own supply & not much use for what I have right now. Besides, gotta propagate the science of these berries, for the betterment of all! & some people do make desserts with them. But I'm not a professional chef or botanist.

Last edited:
Oh & there's Seiya Ryuuguuin: Cautious in the extreme, yet often rightfully so, especially in his task of saving the S Rank Difficulty world of Geabrande. Doing things like training nonstop for a week, assuming a lucky charm a little girl gave him is a cursed item, & nuking a city multiple times over to ensure a villain's ASHES are thoroughly destroyed are all things he does.
I love him for his serious personality & work ethic, even if I don't like what drove him to be that way.

Although I'm unsure if he WOULD sell anything.
Standard Equipment: 3 Sets of Armor, 10 Bottles of Holy Water, 10 Smoke Bombs, 20 Doses of Antidote, 20 Medicinal Herbs, Amulet, Platinum Swords (both regular and plus), Adamantitor (a sword made out of adamantite)

When would he be short of money, & what could he possibly need to buy??

(After reading everything else, I think we have to keep in mind that we should ignore living things or objects that has too many requirements to use like Mjolnir)
Uhhh.... I'm selling it because I've got my own supply & not much use for what I have right now. Besides, gotta propagate the science of these berries, for the betterment of all! & some people do make desserts with them. But I'm not a professional chef or botanist
Chum: "Well it sounds interesting, but I'll have to plant it, how many do you want for it?"

(After reading everything else, I think we have to keep in mind that we should ignore living things or objects that has too many requirements to use like Mjolnir)

Chum: "Well it sounds interesting, but I'll have to plant it, how many do you want for it?"
"Well, where I live, connoseiurs & gourmets pay about 16 Pokedollars for them, & sellers buy them for about 20, but I don't think you have any of this cultivar in your world at all, as opposed to it just being niche. So how about 100 Pokedollars, then, since I'm starting your supply?" says the nerd, with a smug smirk. Just because he's well-learned doesn't mean he's learned well how to haggle. But then again, maybe this Pawn Shop would consider a 500% upcharge reasonable for a first-of-its-kind-in-this-world cultivar.

Chum thought about it: mmmm, what do you think of 85?
The nerd looks a bit disappointed, but after a moment, he does smile slightly, for he's confident he's probably not going to get a better elsewhere. If he's wrong, then so be it. "Deal," he says, holding out the berries.

Chum: Well, come with me to the register to do the paperwork and give you your money.

(if you want you can do your goodbye scene to the camera after leave the store)

"Well, it's foreign to me, but I guess I'm foreign to you. Heh heh," he says, pushing up his glasses. "Gimme the papers so I can read 'em, please."
Chum giving him a legal contract, drafted written by the court about as any being from an external plane of this world (The price of history), most of the text is what one would expect about one of this legal contract from sales, buy or pawn of weapons, food, historical objects and almost everything else except life.

Chum giving him a legal contract, drafted written by the court about as any being from an external plane of this world (The price of history), most of the text is what one would expect about one of this legal contract from sales, buy or pawn of weapons, food, historical objects and almost everything else except life.
The nerd reads it.... Hemming & hawing all the while. Then, finally signs. "Anything else?"

Chum hands him his money: That's all, have a nice day
"G-Good doing business with you!" & thus, the nerd happily, yet shiftily & nervously lumbers out.

(Well, that was fun.)
(I do wish I knew of more characters who are my favorites who'd both be likely to have interesting things to sell, & likely to try selling it.)

Back