• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"You Win Some You Lose Some" ahh match (7-0-0)

King_Dom470

He/Him
Dexter joined the group in Alexandria, Rick somehow found out about Dexters past and went to confront him
Rules:
Speed equal
CRM Rick is used
Battle takes place in Alexandria
They start 10 meters away from each other and out of their line of sight
Rick has a hatchet
Dexter has a knife
SBA for everything else
Rick Grimes The Walking Dead - NEW Paint By Numbers - Paint by Numbers for  Sale
Dexter | Personnage, Dessin, Anais

Richard Grimes: (ThePrimalHunter, Renitr, King_Dom470, ReaperAndBlues, MarkGoldbridge, AThe1412, rydernew)

Dexter Moser:

Incon:

Dexter Scales to 3000 Joules
Rick Scales to 9928 Joules

Last edited:
Okay, this is gonna make you even more sad but... The calculations on that blog are unusable. Don't know how the guy who downgraded the verse didn't see that.

Post CRM training Rick can destroy stone growths of Walker with blows of prosthetic arm. Idk about how much energy is that
1:12

So I'm not very experienced on the Dexter verse as I've never seen the show, but going off of just Dexter's profile, I think Rick has this

Rick seems to have far better fighting skill, having military training and surviving for decades in the zombie infested world while Dexter just had some training in high school in martial arts not actually practical in a real life fight

Rick also seems far better with his hatchet, easily chopping apart walkers and putting melee weapons to great use while Dexter doesn't have any knife feats listed on his profile

Pressure points might do something, but someone with enough adrenaline in their system and high stamina can definetly power through that stuff, and Rick has the stamina & rage to do that

Stealth won't really matter here, I doubt Dexter would be able to catch Rick before Rick catches him, and Dexter's enhanced awareness will keep him from getting sneak attacked. Pretty much, this is almost certainly going to go hand-to-hand, and I see Rick winning that more often than not

Though again, I have no knowlege on Dexter, so if someone wanted to contribute for him, I'd greatly appreciate that

Rick seems to have far better fighting skill, having military training and surviving for decades in the zombie infested world while Dexter just had some training in high school in martial arts not actually practical in a real life fight
Yeah, As someone who’s knowledgeable about martial arts, judo or ground-based styles are also not very practical in a serious situation like a street fight irl, or this situation, where’s there’s no rules at all. It’s especially bad if you’re up against multiple people, since they will just soccer-kick and curb-stomp you while you’re grappling with one of them. You could put the best judo practitioner against an average Kickboxer, and the Kickboxer will win at least… 99% of the time assuming that the judo guy can’t punch or kick at all 🗿

It’s even worse when Rick can literally bite people’s throats out, which is also effective if your getting pinned to the ground by one these guys irl, and they both have weapons which just puts them on equal footing, so if Dexter tries to outmuscle him up close, he’s probably dead

Last edited:
As someone who’s knowledgeable about martial arts, judo or ground-based styles are also not very practical in a serious situation like a street fight irl, or this situation, where’s there’s no rules at all. It’s especially bad if you’re up against multiple people, since they will just soccer-kick and curb-stomp you while you’re grappling with one of them. You could put the best judo practitioner against an average Kickboxer, and the Kickboxer will win at least… 99% of the time. 🗿
That was meant to be striked out because there's a big joke that neither of them are practical in an actual fight. "How do you make a BJJ black belt into a brown belt? You punch them. How do you turn them into a purple belt? You punch them again", that was the joke that I was referencing, I was just too sleep deprived to do that or make my joke make sense

That was meant to be striked out because there's a big joke that neither of them are practical in an actual fight. "How do you make a BJJ black belt into a brown belt? You punch them. How do you turn them into a purple belt? You punch them again", that was the joke that I was referencing, I was just too sleep deprived to do that or make my joke make sense
Ah, okay lol, but still, if Rick has military training, that’s way better than something that’s known in the martial arts community for being total garbage in anything other than an MMA fight that usually has strict rules, lol, especially since Dexter doesn’t have any actual fight experience either, while Rick does

And so. What we have
Post CRM Rick:
Has better AP, better durability, stamina, endurance
More experienced+military training
Rage Power+better AP with weapons

Dexter:
Has better LS, raw strenght, more agile
IQ Advantage
Better Stealth Mastery+Enhanced Awareness

If Dexter had Preparation Time then it would be a difficult fight. But in this case, Rick takes it

So I'm not very experienced on the Dexter verse as I've never seen the show, but going off of just Dexter's profile, I think Rick has this

Rick also seems far better with his hatchet, easily chopping apart walkers and putting melee weapons to great use while Dexter doesn't have any knife feats listed on his profile

Pressure points might do something, but someone with enough adrenaline in their system and high stamina can definetly power through that stuff, and Rick has the stamina & rage to do that

Stealth won't really matter here, I doubt Dexter would be able to catch Rick before Rick catches him, and Dexter's enhanced awareness will keep him from getting sneak attacked. Pretty much, this is almost certainly going to go hand-to-hand, and I see Rick winning that more often than not

Though again, I have no knowlege on Dexter, so if someone wanted to contribute for him, I'd greatly appreciate that
Counted, although I don't think thats really how adrenaline works, the one time Dexter used pressure points on someone he was simultaneously explaining that the body kinda just shuts down and paralyzes the victim, regardless it's generally not something Dexter goes to when fighting h2h as he only used it once to intimidate someone.

I agree that Rick probably has better overall skill in fighting, although I wouldn’t say far better considering Dexter has completely overwhelmed and stomped military trained soldiers including Doakes who was special ops, regardless I'd agree that Rick probably has better h2h combat.

When Dexter doesn't have M99 on him he generally is shown to be able to dispatch his opponent very quickly by targeting weak points/arteries in the body due to his medical background. So I disagree with the point that Rick has more skill in terms of weapon usage. In this category Dexter kinda blows him out of the water.

Dexter most of the time uses stealth to his advantage but given how open Alexandria is I doubt that would work very well unless he hid in a house and waited for Rick to walk in. However Dexter wouldn't really know for sure that Rick would just walk into a house randomly so it relies on luck mostly, besides Rick knows the location far better. Rick on the other hand is fairly experienced with his hatchet but due to the nature of the weapon it leaves him a little more open to attacks than a knife

They’re both probably going to kill each other as soon as they land a clean hit on each other with Rick being strong enough to split his skull in half and Dexter having the strength and skill to stab him in the chest or something.

To Ricks credit he also has that knife arm that could catch Dexter off guard

The fight basically comes down to 3 different possibilities imo

Stealth: Stealth is a pretty unlikely scenario for either side given the openness of the battle field and Ricks indepth knowledge of Alexandria. If Rick tried stealth, Dexter would have his enhanced awareness and his ghost brother to warn him of Rick so on Ricks end it will almost certainly not work, like 1/100 times. For Dexter he has better stealth feats but the location works against him here so I could see him taking this if the fight came down to this but its very unlikely it ever would.

H2H: Dexter has some fairly impressive skill feats (stomping trained, highly ranking ex military), however Rick has far more recent and more formal combat training, plus the prosthetic hand with a hidden blade would cause a world of problems for Dexter, not to mention the pretty notable strength difference which Rick also upscales from, realistically Rick probably Mid diffs here

Melee Weapons: Dexter has far better skill feats with his knife than Rick, but Rick has been more extensively trained by the CRM probably meaning he's better now then he was before (although I do still think Dexter holds a fairly significant advantage here). The thing that changed it for me was Ricks fairly decent grappling skill so Dexter would need to get into a very uncomfortably close position to land a lethal stab wound on Rick (Again Dexter does probably have the LS advantage but it's very close). Add that with the hidden blade that Rick has means that he has multiple opportunities to catch him off guard, Dexter also has basically no way to defend against any attacks besides just dodging (which due to acrobatics he can do pretty well but Rick could try and tire him out then kill him). Rick probably High diffs given Dexters higher acrobatic and weapons skill carrying him for a majority of the fight.

Dexter could still 100% pull a win here by using his acrobatics to dodge and wait for an opening to cut/stab Rick, use his SI to lower Rick guard (which he has done before but it's not super consistent), or paralyze him by getting him with pressure points. But Ricks pretty aggressive fighting style, higher AP, heavier weapon attacks and a hidden blade carry him.

So probably gonna agree and lean more towards Rick, however its extremely close imo

Back