• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You can't scale Saitama

Like the end of the video mentions, No Limits Saitama is a fallacy. Just because a character hasn't currently displayed any limits or weaknesses, doesn't mean they can't be beaten in the future. And even then, we prefer to use hard feats and numbers/concrete scaling chains here. Just giving Saitama planet, solar system or even universe levels just because the author intended him to be all powerful in his own verse, isn't quite how we roll here.

Personally, I'm on the No Limits Saitama train because, like the video said, it's fun.

Ok but I really don't get why some people get so hostile when ever someone says hes a parody character even though he is one and one of the jokes is that he always wins no matter what because the hero character always.

The Wright Way said:
Because that doesn't give him carte blanche. In universe, sure, the joke is he'll win everytime. So he wins everytime. However, this doesn't apply outside his home series. When put into context with the rest of fiction, his feats are nowhere near impressive enough to support this. He's just a decently strong High 6-A.
I feel like he is atleast 5-C as of how as we know currently he destroyed an asteroid, we should also take into account how since he is so disconnected with his emotions he doesnt put forth effort so he may even be 5-B or 5-A.

The Wright Way said:
...No. Destroying an asteroid isn't 5-C. Even if it was, effortless 5-C is still usually just 5-C.
oh okay but even so Gandalf is 3-A would Saitama be higher than what he is marked as?

The Wright Way said:
...What does Gandalf have to do with anything?
i was looking to see what other charecters i knew from movies and shows power rankings were and saw gandalf so checked it out.

Masonington said:
i was looking to see what other charecters i knew from movies and shows power rankings were and saw gandalf so checked it out.
If you are asking if it is feasibly possible for Saitama to be higher, of course. Unless a character has anti-feats like them failing to destroy something, it is possible they are way stronger, but that would be a Black Swan event.

If I have a fire that has been shown to be able to burn planets and stars, and hasn't struggled to burn anything so far, but also hasn't shown anything higher, it is possible that they are anywhere from Solar System level to Universe level, but we have no grounding to put them any higher than maybe star level

5-B Saitama is far from a stretch considering WoG, but I digress (and it is not the point)

what, you're trying to make Saitama's win-loss ratio worse

But yeah. The thing here is that the best we've got for him is that he should almost certainly be the strongest character in his own verse by a massive margin. Until greater feats in the verse come along, there isn't any basis for putting him higher than he is.

Wasn't there a time in like a CD where a machine was built to match Saitama's power equally and it actually did but then Saitama still one punched it? Implying Saitama is always incrementally becoming stronger.

Of course I think the canonicity of it was put into question but it's a fun thought that could give him a cool ability.

Nico-v11 said:
Wasn't there a time in like a CD where a machine was built to match Saitama's power equally and it actually did but then Saitama still one punched it? Implying Saitama is always incrementally becoming stronger.

Of course I think the canonicity of it was put into question but it's a fun thought that could give him a cool ability.
I mean, that sounds something like reactive power level to me.

Nico-v11 said:
when did this happen?

It happened in the One punch man Audio Book, Some Training machine became a copy of Saitama and was as strong as him,but the next day Saitama was powerful enough to one shot it, so Saitama became powerful enough to one shot himself from yesterday, in a day.

Or it could be that Saitama has Garbage Durability compared to his AP.

Adem Warlock69 said:
It happened in the One punch man Audio Book, Some Training machine became a copy of Saitama and was as strong as him,but the next day Saitama was powerful enough to one shot it, so Saitama became powerful enough to one shot himself from yesterday, in a day.
Maybe Saitama wasn't going all out when the machine scanned him? And he used more effort the next day?

I believe I remember something like that from the series, actually. If I remember correctly, the explanation was that Saitama has gone past human limits to the point that he has gone past the "drop off" point.

You know how, as you get stronger, you need to put in more effort to get stronger? Again, if I'm remembering correctly (which it's entirely possible I'm not) it is stated at one point that Saitama has reached such an extent that he no longer needs to put in any effort to get stronger anymore; and that the tiniest bit of effort now gets him stronger every day.

I would need to find a scan for this, since I'm only going off of memory. But if it's legitimate, would this be an ability addition?

Adem Warlock69 said:
That actually matches a quote he has, which is even cited on the page.

Anyways I think the page as is makes sense- we know he's at minimum 6A, but there's nothing to definitively class him as stronger, but we can expect that to be pushed up by the introduction of new characters given that ONE still has characters he has mentioned as being stronger than anyone we've met so far(I suppose Garou and Boros could be as strong, but I doubt ONE would hold back Blast in that case), so we'll likely see more feats that could potentially push him higher.

That said, canonically, Saitama's strength is limitlessly growing, as shown in this thread, meaning even ignoring whether his strength is litterally limitless, any enemy which cannot instantly kill him will likely end up fighting a losing battle unless Saitama turns out to have garbage stamina when he finds himself in a real fight. But given his default training is mostly basic endurance training, I'd GUESS that's probably not the case. But as a result of all these unknowns, vs matches with Saitama are incredibly pointless. It's either obvious Saitama wins, obvious Saitama loses, or it's impossible to tell because several elements of Saitama's character are deliberately left vague and unknown.

This should probably be obvious from the fact that every versus battle involving post-training Saitama has to equalize speed to even begin to make it a fight.

Wheeled1 said:
This should probably be obvious from the fact that every versus battle involving post-training Saitama has to equalize speed to even begin to make it a fight.
I don't see how that makes it obvious, we have tons of speed equal matches here. Relativistic+ isn't even all that impressive here. Pokemon's relativistic last time I checked. Or to mention all the ftl and mftl characters. Equalizing speed is just a way to open more possibilities for match ups.

Nico-v11 said:

While it has been brought up before, its currently considered non-useable after some previous CRTs. The VGS program couldn't replicate certain factors like Metal Bat's fightning spirit and crashed every time Saitama would throw out an attack. Its just as likely that the program cannot properly copy Saitama's extreme physicals rather than Saitama is capable of one shotting his previous day self.

Back