• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You are transported to your favorite verse, with the ability to mimic any martial arts, weapon skill, or physical movement. How far do you go?

Title.

through Isekai nonsense, you are transported to your favorite fictional series. However, the person who sent you there has granted you a gift: The ability to instantly understand and copy ANY physical motion. Be it a martial arts technique, weapon handling, skill, or talent. The only limitation is that it is scaled down to your physical specs, and you cannot copy superpowers that are not reliant on skill (You can still copy supernatural techniques, as long as your body can perform them, however).

Your body is also equalized to whatever the "average" human is in that world, including any inherent abilities that come with it.

What do you do? How far could you climb in your world's rankings?

Naruto:
Assuming i spawn on a ninja village: just try to get coaching/ permission to watch reputable taijutsu combatants in whatever village i spawn in and train physically as much as possible. Hidden leaf: jackpot since we have Might Guy who's not only the best but also friendly. From there it's up to trying to compensate lack of talent in other fields by becoming a Taijutsu monster.
Assuming i spawn somewhere with no ninjas:
Time to become a world class martial artist, i guess.

One Piece:

Realistically, I'd be some random Joe Schmo on a backwater island in Paradise, working as a tailor or some other dexterous occupation, while my king pays 4/5ths of everyone's income to the Celestial Dragons.

But if I wanted to actually get anywhere in the verse:

• Enlist in the nearest marine station, starting out as some basic chore boy. I'd spy on the higher-ranked marines as they train, giving me an easy headstart once I'm actually put into combat.
  • Differentiate myself from the others by having the best swordsmanship and marksmanship, eventually get stationed at one of the notable Navy Bases.
  • begin a TON of physical training. Since I can absorb any kind of skill I come across, I can devote all my training time to conditioning and strength building.
  • Watch a vice admiral fight one day and copy both their fighting skills and (assuming my trained body can handle it) basic Rokushiki.
  • Eventually learn basic haki. It's not something you can see and mimic, but I imagine I'd be trained in it by another marine one day.
  • Continue to rise in the ranks until I'm inevitably one-shotted by Luffy or some shit.

Last edited:
Parahumans:
I'm basically just Uber or Victor but better, and they do pretty well for themselves so I can already be a decent B-list villain
From there, just stalk some combat thinkers like Operator Red or The Number Man and become a solid A-lister, but that's about where I peak
That is, unless I can copy tinker abilities
In that case, I could easily be the most powerful guy in the world by copying the skills of all the most powerful tinkers and building crazy world-ending technology

Jujutsu Kaisen:
Get myself some glasses that let me see cursed spirits
Stalk Todo, Yuji, Maki, and anyone else with decent fighting skills
Try to get my hands on some cursed tools
Depending on what cursed tools I can get, I could probably get up to a Grade 1 Sorcerer

Roll up to Kyoshi Island and watch the women there pause for their martial skills
Track down Ty Lee and learn her chi blocking pressure point thing
Just watch a bunch of strong benders fight because they're good martial artists even if I can't get the bending
Probably become a mercenary for hire or something like that, maybe join the earth kingdom military if they would even let a non-bender join

Warhammer 40K:
Watch from the sidelines at any battlefield at all, ideally one with Harlequins or Space Marines
Hopefully not get brutally killed in the process
Scavenge some leftover weapons and stuff after the battle is over
Rinse and repeat until I'm a god of fighting and have some pretty decent weapons and armor
Steal a ship and be confined to one general area because I'm stuck going sub-lightspeed
Rob Necrons, T'au, Aeldari, Space Marines, and whoever else and hopefully not get brutally killed in the process
Keep stealing any half-decent technology I can find until someone gets sick of it and sends a bunch of guys to kill me
Alternatively:
Join the Astra Militarium
Watch people fight in battle and gain their skills
Rise through the ranks and get more and more skilled until my head gets ripped off by an ork or something

I would ignore any kind of trouble and main character, using such gift to study and end up rich by my genius (thats for any verse)

Does the promp include hax nonsence the series tries to pat of as skill?

Its obviously Knight Run for me, there are like 2 main cases:

In order to get the most out of the ability, I would have to frequent battlefields in which the actual skill gods of the verse are deployed, the likes of Anne Mayer, Sion Zail, certain Cold Heroes and Garou Rata. Gaining their combat skill runs me the risk of just dying, because they are deployed to literal suicide mission or near hopeless planetary sieges. That would be doable if I hadnt had the physical strength... Of a actual human. Knights, even the most fodder of ones, are comically stronger and the powerlevel of the named characters dwarves that even further.

Assuming I do miraclously survive enough deployments, the best bet I would had is catching the eyes of Anne Mayer. My talent and uncomplicated physiology would warrant technological enhancement allowing me to keep up with the powerlevel of the verse. If this is allowed and I get to copy everything skill offers in Knight Run, I would become a physical low tier among god tiers with the sword mastery of sion, general martial skill of anne and broken senses of Garou Rata, while having access to the entire bullshit library of techniques, such as physics ignoring techniques, matter breaking properties, space and causality reversing and the fuckery that are the 3 realms, with the lowest realm granting you instantenous attacks and timestop like perception.

If all of that isnt allowed then the best I could ever archieve is becoming a combat instructor for the Order, but only in one of the political less powerful like the South or West Order.

Garou Rata
images

Devil May Cry:

I'm basically a human version of Dante that peaks at Lady's tier so around 9-B. Would do great until any relevant demon comes in and ***** me up.

Does the promp include hax nonsence the series tries to pat of as skill?
Yep! As long as it's part of some observable motion you can see, and as long as the human body can perform it, you can mimic it.

As long as it doesn't come from any preternatural ability, or magic, or energy system, or anything like that.

Last edited:
Bump since I like this thread.

Been getting more into Re Zero lately: I can imagine this ability would be EXTREMELY good in that verse. Even a Subaru-tier character would probably be decently threatening if they witnessed the insane stuff characters like Cecilus can perform. Even the mid-tiers have some crazy feats in regards to skill stuff.

Re:zero does have it's fair share of murder hobos tho.
Reinhard, however, would probably let you copy some super swordsmanship moves (said moves being extremely basic/standard to him) that would make you one of the best swordsmen in the verse if you ask him nicely.

In Hero Killer:

I would unfortunately be limited by the fact that I don't inherently have a Gift, which makes it impossible for me to physically train up to the level of powerhouses without going through a heavily risky, life-threatening procedure to have a Gift artificially transplanted into me.

Fortunately, this can be fixed by the fact that I can use things like Shards and EST-Enhanced equipment to carry me to the bare minimum strength requirements. Given I'm probably going to want to be a Hero, I'll have to start my journey by building up skills in the hero qualification tests, given I'm 1000% cooked if I try and stalk fights from anyone decently powerful without any powered gear.

Once I've gathered a decent repertoire of skills so that I can more effectively engage in harder fights, I can start building my strength if I pick and choose my opponents and focus on overcoming my weak physicals and over-reliance on equipment.

Unfortunately, though, I'll never be able to climb up to the ranks of anyone like an Elder with just combat skills and no powers. I'd try pulling off some super sick martial arts move and someone like Victoria would just drop a mountain-sized sword on me. F*ck am I gonna do, predict it??

My limit is becoming a pretty strong Hero, and probably a beacon of hope for normies who also want to become heroes without a Gift, but no matter how many skills I accumulate, I'll never reach the pinnacle of raw power that is the Elder, or even the Four Swordsmen.

Back