• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach vs Ikora Rey (Destiny)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that needs to be added then. It has already been established that all Guardians have typed 4 acausality.

Well does she have a way to put him down because her resisting lol almighty doesn't stop him from coming back with the almighty

The acausalities got agreed on a while ago. They just didn't get added, for some reason.

I'm pretty sure he can res from her stuff, unless you give her Thorn or something.

Wait, doesn't Yhwach res work by fate hax? I mean by changing future so that he doesn't die. If that's the case he'd have to change a future with a type 4 acausal in it. Yes it's "his" future, but since the type 4 acausal is also part of that future he'd have to change that too.

Type 4 Acausalty should negg res as well (in this case since it's still done through fate hax that does affect the type 4 acasual).

No her being acasual doesn't mean the rest of the future can't be changed just that nothing he changes affects her

Paul Frank said:
No her being acasual doesn't mean the rest of the future can't be changed just that nothing he changes affects her
Basically the same thing. Even if he changes the future, she will just proceed to 1 shot him. Her 1 shotting him won't be changed by any form of fate hax.

What does she one shot him with

Also does yhwach have the sternirtter powers or yama's bankia here

Paul Frank said:
What does she one shot him with
Also does yhwach have the sternirtter powers or yama's bankia here
Any of her hax. People above brought up Yhwach's res, meaning he would need to res, idk the gal well enough to comment on how she can win. I just mentioned that Yhwach's res doesn't work against type 4 acausals.

Yes, OP says strongest form.

Then assuming she somehow one shots yhwach he reses is spooked and uses the visionary to clone himself, make himself stronger and yhwach and his clones which are as strong as him just hax her

He can't res against type 4 acasuals though. That's what im saying. Yhwach reses by manipulating the future so that he doesn't die, but that manipulation won't affect the girl so she just 1 shots and calls it a day.

Being a type 4 acasual doesn't stop people from changing the future it stops you from being affected by those changes

Firephoenixearl said:
Wait, doesn't Yhwach res work by fate hax? I mean by changing future so that he doesn't die. If that's the case he'd have to change a future with a type 4 acausal in it. Yes it's "his" future, but since the type 4 acausal is also part of that future he'd have to change that too.
Type 4 Acausalty should negg res as well (in this case since it's still done through fate hax that does affect the type 4 acasual).
Yhwach can change the future to a very specific extend.

Paul Frank said:
Being a type 4 acasual doesn't stop people from changing the future it stops you from being affected by those changes
Yes, but if she isn't affected by the changes he makes to the future then he can't revive. Yhwach resurrects by affecting stuff people do through future manip. He can't do the same to that girl, he can't change the future into "she never hit me" cus she operates by completely different laws of fate and causality.

Firephoenixearl said:
Paul Frank said:
Yes, but if she isn't affected by the changes he makes to the future then he can't revive. Yhwach resurrects by affecting stuff people do through future manip. He can't do the same to that girl, he can't change the future into "she never hit me" cus she operates by completely different laws of fate and causality.
Yhwach can choose something in specific to change. He doesn't change everything in the cosmos at once. Also what's stopping Yhwach from destroying her ghost from the future?

No he just makes it so he doesn't die at all

Also what does ikora start with because considering she did absolutely nothing in game I have mo clue but I doubt she starts with her best stuff

@Apple Lord

He can't interact with her future at all dude. Like literally nothing, he can't see or affect her future/fate in any way at all.

@Paul

To do that he'd have to interact with her future and the action she does in the future. He can't make it so that he doesn't die without interacting with the future of the killer. Since she's type 4 acausal that's all for naught.

Not against type 4 acasuals m8.

He doesn't need to affect her at all. Her actuality doesn't involve her equipment unless you can prove it. That includes her Ghost which can be dealt with like this preventing her from coming back again.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Apple Lord
He can't interact with her future at all dude. Like literally nothing, he can't see or affect her future/fate in any way at all.

@Paul

To do that he'd have to interact with her future and the action she does in the future. He can't make it so that he doesn't die without interacting with the future of the killer. Since she's type 4 acausal that's all for naught.
Know that Yhwach sees and interacts with his own future not hers right?

@fire

He picks an existing future where he didn't die ikora doesn't affect all futures at once so he just picks one where he wasn't killed and he's alive again. He doesn't have to rewrite her attacking him

AppleLord said:
You do know that Yhwach sees and interacts with his own future not hers right?
Yep, she is in his future as well though. So he can't do anything to her or any action she takes, he cannot manipulate it.

About breaking stuff from her in the future, i did just say he cannot even see her future didn't I? Anything related to her, he cannot change or foresee.

Paul Frank said:
@fire
He picks an existing future where he didn't die ikora doesn't affect all futures at once so he just picks one where he wasn't killed and he's alive again. He doesn't have to rewrite her attacking him
1. He can't see her futures. Idk where you got the "he picks the future" from. He just sees that in his future he dies of unknown causes, in all of his futures he dies like that, he can't see anything about Ikora.

2. Ikora doesn't affect futures, she has a different time flow, a time flow Yhwach can't affect. It's Yhwach the one that can't affect, not Ikora.

I believe people are not clear about the capabilites of type 4 acausality.

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Both of those powers are needed for Yhwach do to anything. He can't predict her attacks or see any future where she is present. He also cannot affect her fate. Easy as that, Ikora stomps unless he can beat her with other means other than almighty, or any other ability that involves cause and effect.

Fire he picks '''his''' future ikora has nothing to do with it. She doesn't kill him in every future simultaneously so he looks through '''his own''' futures and picks one where he is alive

Paul Frank said:
Fire he picks his future ikora has nothing to do with it. She doesn't kill him in every future simultaneously so he looks through his ow futures and picks one where he is alive
You don't know how futures work do you?

Ikora punches him. (fact in the present, it happened).

Yhwach looks at his futures and sees one where he didn't die of unknown causes. He picks that future, nothing happens. Because he picked a future sure, but that future wouldn't affect anything Ikora does or did.

If Ikora punched him that's fact and nothing Yhwach does can change that. He can pick all the futures he wants, nothing will change cus him swapping futures doesn't affect anything Ikora already did.

Ikora punches him.

^^^ This cannot change. It is done, no amount of future picking will change that, not unless Yhwach can fate hax type 4 acasuals. It's his future sure, but Ikora punching him is already part of him and he cannot fate hax it away, cus acausality doesn't apply only to the being, but also to anything they do (any action).

The ghosts are definitely operating under the same causality as the guardians arez considering they're the repository for what causes their acausality.

That's not at all howit works

If he picks his own future where nothing happens he is only affecting himself so ikora's acasuality does not at all factor in to it

Ikora punches him>he can't rewrite the punch>he picks a future where he was never punched>profit

When ikora punches him Yhwach is affected and unable to rewrite that, sure, but he doesn't need to rewrite that because there is a future where that never happened, this means that he has nothing he needs to change because he never was punched, this doesn't affect ikora so her being acasual means nothing yhwach is overwritting his own future with a different one of his futures

Changing his own future ends up changing Ikora's as well. Ikora's fate was to punch him. If he changes that into "i didn't get punched" her fate is being affected as "she is the puncher". You are trying to change something she did, which cannot happen since she is type 4. That's why i said "he can't change his own future if Ikora is there as well because he would end up changing Ikora's futures by changing his own, and he can't change her future, meaning he can't change his own". Anyway im done explaining acausality.

So what else would Yhwach use IC besides Almighty? Ikora really likes to nuke her enemies with AoE void manipulation.

Firephoenixearl said:
Changing his own future ends up changing Ikora's as well. Ikora's fate was to punch him. If he changes that into "i didn't get punched" her fate is being affected as "she is the puncher". You are trying to change something she did, which cannot happen since she is type 4. That's why i said "he can't change his own future if Ikora is there as well because he would end up changing Ikora's futures by changing his own, and he can't change her future, meaning he can't change his own". Anyway im done explaining acausality.
That's not how it works. Almighty best feat of proving this wrong is hitting Ichigo regardless if Orihime stopped and blocked his blade. He choose a future where he still hit him.

Orihime's shield is casuality manipulation and she can't reverse anything done by Almighty. Regardless of her power Almighty didn't interacted with her shield neither did it change her "blocking his sword" changed. The damage was reality warped into his body from a different future.

The Ghost is a machine without any acasuality, as seeing with Cayde. His ghost was destroyed before he was killed.

She's a voidwalker and that subclass has quite a lot of void aoe focused stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back