• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach vs Eldrad Ulthran

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
I was looking though the Warhammer 40K Wiki to get hyped for Dawn of War 3, then I browsed past Eldrad Ulthran. He reminded me of another Haxxed future-seeing guy.

Soul King Absorbed Yhwach

vs

Eldrad Ulthra

Speed Equalized. Battle shall take place on a deserted Earth. Eldrad can't defend himself with his Psychic powers but he can attack with them. Yhwach has Sternritter abilities.

Yhwach2
Eldrad Ulthran 6th Ed

Who wins and why?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
So what is disabled when Eldrad "can't defend"? Can he still use neutral abilities such as precog?
Yup.

Alright then. Going with Eldrad. He can essentially do everything Yhwach can do, and in many cases on a greater scale. He's more experienced and came out on top in a fight in which, among infinite possibilities, there was only one in which he would win. He also has the ability to tear open reality to create Warp portals, but he'd likely only due that if he absolutely had to.

why? Almighty only works in the future right so Almighty effects only will happen when time starts to flow again, or i'm missing something?

How does warp based time stop function? Can the psyker still interact with things when he's stopping time?

Also, how would their hax interact? Eldrad would be able to see any changes the Almighty performed to the future in real time, and in detail, but would the warp's ability to ignore durability work even if Yhwach made it so that he wouldn't get injured in the future?

Plyen said:
How does warp based time stop function? Can the psyker still interact with things when he's stopping time?
It varies on their level of skill with it, but yes, it is very much possible.

For instance, the Emperor is able to casually halt the materium's entire time stream, allowing only himself and individuals of his choosing to retain movement and interaction. Obviously, Eldrad is not on the Emperor's level, but this is just to show that yes, Psyker timestop can also affect the entirety of the materium's timeline as well as specific portions of it.

"Then time stopped and a blinding light filled the chamber.

Horus felt warm honey flow through him, and he turned towards the source of the light: a shimmering golden giant of unimaginable majesty and beauty. […]

Horus reached out towards the golden warrior as he turned his sad gaze to the incubation tanks held motionless above him, weighing the consequences of future events in the blink of an eye.

Horus could see the decision in the figure's wondrous eyes and shouted 'No!'

The figure turned from him and time snapped back into its prescribed stream.
"

There's also an instance in which Ahriman, who is significantly below Eldrad, is being attacked by a high-ranking Grey Knight, who is only five paces away from him. Ahriman slows time in the entire area between him and the Grey Knight, meaning the Grey Knight is moving in heavily slowed time towards Ahriman, allowing the sorcerer to do pretty much whatever he wants while the Grey Knight has no ability to properly react or change his actions. This basically results in Ahriman setting up a trap and the Grey Knight killing himself as soon as he re-enters the normal time stream.

Man, psyker powers are overpowered as hell. My vote goes to Eldrad.

By the way, what novel or book did the Ahriman vs Grey Knight fight happen in? Was it in the second Ahriman book?

Daebreak said:
why? Almighty only works in the future right so Almighty effects only will happen when time starts to flow again, or i'm missing something?
haven't you read the almighty's ability? yhwach can see it in the future if he stops time when he sees him using the ability then he wil become immune to it rendering it useless.

ayylmao i didn't see that yhwach has access to all the sternritters abilities i'd say a stalemate or a win for yhwach.

Plyen said:
By the way, what novel or book did the Ahriman vs Grey Knight fight happen in? Was it in the second Ahriman book?
It's from Ahriman: Sorcerer, page 203. I have the text for the fight, if you need it.

There's also another pretty good feat in Ahriman: Exile in which Ahriman actually accelerates the speed of light particles in order to use them as a shield.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
It's from Ahriman: Sorcerer, page 203. I have the text for the fight, if you need it.

There's also another pretty good feat in Ahriman: Exile in which Ahriman actually accelerates the speed of light particles in order to use them as a shield.
Nah, I actually have the trilogy. It's just that I read the first book and part of the second one a long time ago before becoming distracted long enough to forget about finishing the series.

I would like to ask about the page in which that feat in Exile happened though. It sounds awesome in all kinds of ways.

Back