• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach Regenerationn Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Yhwach should possibily have Low-High Regen, when Ichigo killed him he was reduced to a puddle of black reishi.

0684-002.png
Yhwach appears to transform himself to literal reishi which is energy.

0684-005.png
Black pool of Reishi

0684-006.png
His body post-resurrection.

I think he should have Non-Corporeal maybe as well.

Do we actually apply Regenerationn for instances like this? Because Yhwach is not actually regenerating, he's using the Almighty to change the events. Similar to how Fairy Heart Zeref Dragneel from Fairy Tail doesn't have Low-Godly Regen, but his time manipulation powers pretty much grant him such Regenerationn through manipulating events.

I'm neutral atm, if someone more understanding of the Regenerationn rules explains more, I'd love that.

@IMade

Cant we say "Low-High Regen via The Almighty (was able to restore himself as a puddle of black reishi via using the almighty's powers)" then?

Yomi Schwarz said:
Im also asking for how non-corporeality applies as well.

idk about that atm
Im guessing its selective... or it activates after he resurrects? Im kinda confused too.

Except yhwach doesn't Regen via almighty, he just changes events.. It's much more closer to ressurection or reality warping than traditional Regen

Zzsax said:
Except yhwach doesn't Regen via almighty, he just changes events.. It's much more closer to ressurection or reality warping than traditional Regen
I find odd that there was a possible future where he got a new body, since the old one kind of exploded.

AppleLord said:
Zzsax said:
I find odd that there was a possible future where he got a new body, since the old one kind of exploded.
That means you didn't read when Yhwach literally said "I can even rewrite the futures." Also, it's not possible futures.

This seems like it would be covered by his ressurection.

Wokistan said:
This seems like it would be covered by his ressurection.
The resurrection page states they most often overlap with Regenerationn, he resurrected himself after he was killed but also regenerated from what I can see.

Yeah, resurrecting doesnt mean he is magically healed as a side effect. Imo thats a clear Regenerationn feat.

Technically you ressurect in a new body, without the wounds that caused the death. Thats exactly why Yhwach's case is a Regenerationn feat.

IMade makes a good point in that if Yhwach changed past events so he wasn't damaged in the first place, it wouldn't be the same as outright Regenerationn.

Antvasima said:
That seems more likely, yes.
This is directly from your Ressurectio page, I don't see the issue with him having it he can both regenerate and ressurect himself plus he has already displayed Regenerationn 2-3 times prior.

" When in the hands of a character who uses resurrection on themselves, giving them some degree of Immortality, this ability often co-exists with Regenerationn."

Well, the issue is that he undoes that damage to him ever happened in the first place. He does not regenerate in the same manner as Aizen.

I don't know. Why do you think that he should have the ability?

Non-Corporeal (or Incorporeal) beings are those who have no true physical form. Though they may have physical avatars or bodies, but their true essence exists non-physically, whether as a soul, as energy, or as an abstract concept. Being non-corporeal is very different than Intangibility, as an intangible being's body is their true body, it just can't be affected by conventional physical forces.

When he ressurected it seems he reduced himself to a pool of black spiritual energy, after that he became some sort of monster, another shot of him here and here.

Hmm. I am uncertain. It might be better if you ask some other VS Battles Staff members to comment here regarding the issue.

If that black goo is energy then Non-Corporeal in that state seems fine.

Non corporeal seems fine I guess, especially given that everyone's already intangible to begin with, but I'd trust the judgement of knowledgeable members more than mine here.

If the others agree, I am fine with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back