• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yes, it is the Power Graph chart calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, Agnaa was arguing for the multipler is not useable due to the fact they never directly stated the multiplers in question.

I see too many ppl insisting on that being accepted when it is not the case.
still seems like grey area in the standards, as long as we’re able to agree on the graph’s logic, then it should count as a narrator statement as it was directly narrator provided, and can be considered to be “a picture of a number of a multiplier”
This seems to be the first time something like this has happened with a major verse here so I don’t think that cases like these were intended to be suppressed

still seems like grey area in the standards, as long as we’re able to agree on the graph’s logic, then it should count as a narrator statement as it was directly narrator provided, and can be considered to be “a picture of a number of a multiplier”
This seems to be the first time something like this has happened with a major verse here so I don’t think that cases like these were intended to be suppressed
No, that is incorrect. We don’t try to assign a multipler on a graph ie. Guesstimate the multiplers when we have zero statements about how that exponential growths works in a mathematical sense.

This point is not even a grey idea

Meh, it’s quite negligible
if anything it’s just a minor inconsistency, since regardless of the graph’s system garou still should’ve been equal to Saitama
even going by the first point where it perfectly lines up with Saitama’s peak, the multiplier is virtually unchanged due to how minor it is
But you’re still correct, I’ll look into it a little more later
If the graph does have an inconsistency like that, shouldn't that call its usage into question? :v

If the graph does have an inconsistency like that, shouldn't that call its usage into question? :v
Well, that aspect of it doesn't have much to do with anything. The Saitama part of the calc is measuring his current position to his previous position and the Garou part is measuring his position to Saitama's original position.

Garou's original graph position is only used for one thing: Context of when the graph started measurement wise. The first time Garou was ever that close to Saitama was after he copied his serious mode and right after they did the clash.

Well, that aspect of it doesn't have much to do with anything. The Saitama part of the calc is measuring his current position to his previous position and the Garou part is measuring his position to Saitama's original position.

Garou's original graph position is only used for one thing: Context of when the graph started measurement wise. The first time Garou was ever that close to Saitama was after he copied his serious mode and right after they did the clash.
Yes, but we really in the dark about whatever or not it truly should been x58 since we all know that is a lowball/guesstimate from the calc itself.
I am actually even cautious to use it as I doubt the author intended for someone in measuring the graph and trying to get a multiplier out of it.

I'm not very familiar with OPM here so correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Garou have been equal to Saitama at that point? But the graph shows them never having been equal, with Garou's copying only catching up after Saitama had gotten much stronger. Although ig you could argue that the graph had only started long into the fight, or smth.

I'd also point out that they wouldn't necessarily be close at that point, since the scale is vague as hell. Saitama could be 10x more powerful with the gap visually seeming that small. While this would imply that Saitama was even more powerful than the calc in the OP, it'd also make the graph's usage a bit more tenuous.

They'd be within within 2x gap going by the same chart ratio.
My point's just that it's hard to represent large gaps if there's even larger gaps elsewhere on the same chart. I know that if you look at the representation it's within 2x, but that could be because it's difficult to represent anything more extreme.

looks like you still haven't found the final result

can i give a calculation that my friend did here, and can you guys evaluate the calculation?

Well, we already have a calculation for this feat. What would be done differently in your new calculation for it?

the calculation done by my friend, is to find out how much saitama's strength and speed have increased, seems a little different

Well, I suppose that it wouldn't cause any harm. It is possible that Qawsedf234 might get some ideas for his own calculation blog.

should I put this calculation into the blog and create my own thread?

or I will share it here and you can evaluate the calculation

and also my friend has calculated if saitama fights for 1 hour with stable emotions like when he fought garou

So what’s the current counterarguments
1. The multipliers can not been used as it is only a estimate from using the graph
2. We don’t have a in verse statement/WOG statements regarding the specifics of the exponential growth
3. The gap was increasing drastically during their fight
4. It is definitely not Y = 0

Also as far as I am aware, the counter arguments for not using the multiplier calculated of a graph isn’t debunked at all and only reinforces their main point.

It doesn’t help the multiplers isn’t actually accepted, but is being contested anyway

Last edited:
Well, I suppose that it is up to him to decide then.

1. The multipliers can not been used as it is only a estimate from using the graph
2. We don’t have a in verse statement/WOG statements regarding the specifics of the exponential growth
3. The gap was increasing drastically during their fight
4. It is definitely not Y = 0

Also as far as I am aware, the counter arguments isn’t debunked at all and only reinforces their main point.

It doesn’t help the multiplers isn’t actually accepted, but is being contested anyway
I don’t see how 3 and 1 are counterarguments.

I don’t see how 3 and 1 are counterarguments.
1. It is from this part:
“Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.”

Ie. We need further elaboration on that.

Which is where 3 comes in. The gaps are there to represent the massive spike of Saitama’s growth against Garou without any numbers as it is clearly not just doubling, but goes beyond that. This goes back what @Agnaa say
My point's just that it's hard to represent large gaps if there's even larger gaps elsewhere on the same chart. I know that if you look at the representation it's within 2x, but that could be because it's difficult to represent anything more extreme.

Judging by the graphs, Garou’s copying just takes a few moments, and by the time it’s finished Saitama has already left him in the dust, even more so when garou actually throws his punch
It’s a bit confusing but it works. This isn’t that relevant anyways but still just putting this idea here

Ok so essentially
We know the starting point of the x axis is no earlier than the sp^2 due to an upsurge in emotions, and Garou being relative with Saitama even if not perfectly aligned
And we can conclude that the y starts at 0, due to the fact that it has no units for that to be worth doing for the graph, and 58 times multiplier is the most consistent regardless
basically, I don’t see any reason to disagree at this point regarding those two issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back