• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long VS Tifa Lockhart (Upcoming Death Battle Fight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sephiroth being a planet buster makes no sense to me at all.

If it took Sephiroth the trouble of finding black materia to make a continental blast how can he possibly planet bust? Going by the stats base Sephiroth woulda got that lifestream energy real quick by busting a continenant on his own.

That is attack potency, not destructive capacity (Besides the Black Materia was meant to be a planet buster), meaning he lacked the AOE to destroy Gaia, and it could have been PIS.

The Everlasting said:
That is attack potency, not destructive capacity (Besides the Black Materia was meant to be a planet buster), meaning he lacked the AOE to destroy Gaia, and it could have been PIS.

Attack potency? So something that Sephiroth can do but has never done? I don't really agree with this statment either. Black materia was only supposed to damage the planet enough to absorb the lifestream out of it. Not completley destroy it.

And most of these feats are from Zack who fought Bahumut Fury? How can Zack possibly be a 5A for durabillity yet he gets shot to death? Is there some durabillity potency I aint aware of either?

Attack potency means his attacks carry that much energy, but can't actually destroy that much. And the meteor that the Black Materia summoned was meant to destroy Gaia, and I saw a calc that put it in the zettatons.

He was already dying IIRC (Plus that's a low-end feat), and Bahamut Fury is stronger than Typhoon, who can flip planets.

The Everlasting said:
Attack potency means his attacks carry that much energy, but can't actually destroy that much. And the meteor that the Black Materia summoned was meant to destroy Gaia, and I saw a calc that put it in the zettatons.
He was already dying IIRC (Plus that's a low-end feat), and Bahamut Fury is stronger than Typhoon, who can flip planets.

Zack was in good condition when he was up against the army. And because of his FTL speeds I would assume he would take care of all of them in a single second but he does not. Also black materia requires alot of prep time and I am unsure of its proper destructive capabillities showing me a scan would be nice.

Also Bahumt Fury and Typhoon being strong makes sense but its what they can do not what the other chars can. Cloud has shown to be injured by bullets also from Kadaj.

It just confuses me and it does not bode with me that Cloud,Zack and Sephiroth have planet level durabillity when they have shown to be injured by much less catastrophic attacks.

Again, it's called a low-end feat/PIS. Superman at one point also had trouble lifting a building, but other times can pull planets with only a little help.

They're called low-ends, and considering how Bahamut Fury > Typhoon, Genesis was considered a greater threat than BF and Zack defeated him, the scaling is fully accurate.

The attacks are constrained to deal less damage to the surrounding area, and again, most of those things can be considered PIS.

The Everlasting said:
Again, it's called a low-end feat/PIS. Superman at one point also had trouble lifting a building, but other times can pull planets with only a little help.
They're called low-ends, and considering how Bahamut Fury > Typhoon, Genesis was considered a greater threat than BF and Zack defeated him, the scaling is fully accurate.

The attacks are constrained to deal less damage to the surrounding area, and again, most of those things can be considered PIS.

But the thing is that Superman has shown he can lift planets and such. While Zack,Cloud or Sephiroth dont even have any feats at all that would tell us that they can bust planets,move at ftl or even destroy them. Thats why I find these stats incredibly hard to believe.

The Everlasting said:
The feats come from powerscaling from Bahamut Fury and by extension Typhoon.

Thats the problem.

When we look at Zack,Cloud and Sephiroth they have far to many low end feats so suggest they would even survive half the attacks that Bahumut Fury can deal out but they have.

For example Zack not being able to defeat an army and dieing. But he has FTL stats with planet busting attack potency and durabillity. It dont make sense at all. It may be a low end feat but thats how he dies so it is extremley important to his durabillity as a whole.

Cloud being able to tank planet busting attacks when the island destroying explosion left him in a wheelchair being unable to think coherently at all until he got better. Hell he even got shot in crisis core and that knocked him out for a planet buster gunfire is absolutley nothing.

There are far to many contradictions between gameplay and actual story to class any of these characters as having planet busting durabillity or FTL.

Sephiroth has clearly however shown himself to have island buster durabillity seeing as that what it looks like during the actual cutscene and he appeared to tank it as well.

And what does Typhoon have to do with powerscaling at all? The party never had to fight him or anything like that.

Again, those are low-end feats, unless you can provide definitive proof Bahamut Fury is that weak. This could also happen because Square just wanted to write the story and didn't care about stuff like that.

Bahamut Fury > Typhoon, whom Zack did defeat.

How much you wanna bet they're gonna horribly lowball Tifa and make Yang win easily? They did the same thing with Cloud, why would this be different?

ive only seen the harry potter one, dbz ones, the ones with samus (original), and that one with master chief, i guess all of them (barring goku vs superman 2) are old then

The Living Tribunal1 said:
ive only seen the harry potter one, dbz ones, the ones with samus (original), and that one with master chief, i guess all of them (barring goku vs superman 2) are old then
Those are the shitty older ones before they had animators. Look at some of the newer battles.

The Everlasting said:
How much you wanna bet they're gonna horribly lowball Tifa and make Yang win easily? They did the same thing with Cloud, why would this be different?
That sadly is one of the biggest worries we've been having on the SA forums. A lot of us are afraid of downplay.

They probably will, considering how they're using Tifa's Advent Children model. But I just know they're not going to know that the party scales to Typhoon or take Zack into account when making the battle (Based on his battle with Bahamut Fury in Crisis Core). They may also just give her terrible Materia like they did with Cloud (Really? You couldn't have given him the Master Materia? You had to give him basic Materia?).

Maybe, but it seems like they used Advent Children footage in Link vs. Cloud (Why they didn't give Cloud his Fusion Swords is beyond me).

Well I'm not going to defend their mistakes, but DB is coming somewhat a ways to becoming a better Vs Series. They just need a lot more work on understanding Vs Debating in general.

Quincy King said:
Well, they'd better not treat Ryuko dirty when she's in her death Battle
Nah, their research team will definitely make sure they know how powerful she is. In fact, the only reason DB is getting much better as a Vs Series is because of their great new research team, who are actually well versed in Vs Debating. Sadly they don't get the last say who wins in each fight, otherwise the show would have a MUCH better record.

>Says new research team is well versed in VS Debating.

>Said research team claimed Superman had no limits and episode 12 of Dragon Ball Super doesn't change the battle.

You sure about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back