• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll give it to Knuckles.

He has the AP advantage and his Spin Dash and gliding ability can give him the advantage in certain situations. Plus I feel he's a bit more cunning.

So wait, why is it Volume 1-3 Yang being used when current Yang is easily much closer in strength to Knuckles?

Is she? wasn't sure how strong she'd be due to the time gap between volume 3 and 4 (I was only 3 episodes into volume 4 when I made this). I'll change it in that case. Does volume 5 Yang have a specific AP?

I'm gonna go with Yang. Knuckles's shields guard against fire and electricity, the latter of which Yang doesn't even have access to. I also assume the shields only last for so long. It says Knuckles's attacks are readable, and Yang is not an idiot, especially not when it comes to combat. She's also dealt with flying enemies before so that experience could help with the gliding. Yang's aura is quite a bit stronger compared to the rest of the RWBY characters, plus there's the fact she is able to use damage to get stronger. Her gauntlets also give her the range and versatility advantage.

The fire shields make him immune to fire attacks. So it already reduces her choices, also she has shown some ignorance like when she tried to rush at neopolitan, she got tossed around and almost killed because of it.

@Mason Volume 4/5 Yang was able to knock her father, a fully trained Huntsman, back several feet with a single punch, and iirc her new arm was stated to be more powerful that her actual arm ever could have been. That coupled with her receiving a significant amount of one on one martial arts training from Tai to the point where she no longer relies almost exclusively on punches and is more observant and less bullheaded in a fight means she has a LOT more experience and fighting skill than in Volumes 1-3.

Are the Ember Celica rounds fire? Even if they are, there's also the actual impact of the rounds hitting him that deal damage. And this is Volume 5 Yang we're talking about. She's not nearly as rash as she was in the fight with Neo, plus it specifically says Knuckles has readable attacks and is naive.

Also, I don't think Knuckles is quite comparable to Neo when it comes to being able to take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses.

@Starry No, theyre bolts of raw kinetic energy, not a physical round unless she's using Red Shells

Starryknight200 said:
Are the Ember Celica rounds fire? Even if they are, there's also the actual impact of the rounds hitting him that deal damage. And this is Volume 5 Yang we're talking about. She's not nearly as rash as she was in the fight with Neo, plus it specifically says Knuckles has readable attacks and is naive.
Also, I don't think Knuckles is quite comparable to Neo when it comes to being able to take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses.
Um, Knuckles is naive, not dumb. Yeah, Sonic says Modern Knuckles is easily read, not Classic Knuckles.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Starry No, theyre bolts of raw kinetic energy, not a physical round unless she's using Red Shells
So then what's stopping her from using the red shells? Also this is most likely a stupid question, but is raw kinetic energy the same as or comparable to fire?

It doesn't specify on Knuckles's profile whether the readable one is modern or classic. Also if her rounds are not in fact fire then the shields would not help Knuckles in that regard.

So this i now Volume 5 Yang? In that case i'll go with her, she' likely comparable to Knuckles in power and a much more skilled combatant as opposed to her Volume 1-3 self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back