• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yan Sen Plot Manipulation Removal

Plot Manipulation with Creation (Henry's character design makes him infinitely stronger than any opponent, even if that opponent comes from another story. He will continue to be invincible. His character design will always keep him alive and Yan Sen can create other Henrys with the same powers as Henry [3])

Resistance to:
Plot Manipulation (He continued to dominate Henry in his base form[61][56][62] and at the end of the fight Henry said YanSen was above the setting[63])

Passive Plot Manipulation (Henry's character design makes him infinitely stronger than any opponent, even if that opponent comes from another story. He will continue to be invincible. His character design will always keep him alive[1])

I believe his Plot Manipulation should be removed. Based on the scans he does not clearly demonstrate the ability as defined. I feel like him creating the “settings” is more of a specific power rather than control over the narrative itself. He doesn’t show the ability to alter the fundamental plot or view reality as fictional.

Yan Sen Plot Manipulation with Creation should be left with Creation. His resistance to Plot Manipulation should be removed too.

Henry Passive Plot Manipulation should be Passive Reactive Evolution or Accelerated Development Battle type.

Henry Passive Plot Manipulation should be Limited to the White Space.

Last edited:
image.png

I disagree with the thread

How is this relevant?
Yan Sen's power is copying the character design of Henry, which is something clearly more fundamental than simply making a clone of him since Yan Sen seems unable to learn or get the ability of Henry.

Until he fought Henry, he had no idea about what a "character design" was, despite showing the ability of creating clones of himself or making clones of his deceased sect members.

Henry states that "no matter the story, book, comic from where Yan Sen comes, he'll still remain invincible in this place". "This place" being this story, obviously.

This seems metafictional enough personally.

As far as I remember, Henry continues to get stronger through the setting, that is, the plot, and this is a strengthening that is strong enough to keep up with Yan Sen's transition from normal human size to a large size type 10 form, and Yan Sen also create a stronger setting, that is, the plot, so it is normal to get plot creation hax.

Last edited:
First of all, I will explain why Yan Sen got plot manipulation by creating Henrys. When Henrys fight each other, they tell each other that they are getting stronger. This is completely related to the setting and Henry's plot manipulation. Because no matter what the story is, no matter who the opponent is, he will be infinitely powerful. Since Yan Sen's created Henrys have this ability, there is no harm in Yan Sen getting plot from here. So I don't agree with this CRT.

I mean, if you want to remove "plot manipulation with creation" and put instead "Creation (On a narrative level)", be my guest, the end result is more or less the same.
I don't think it is possible to remove plot manipulation through creation, because there are obvious feats.

Scan?

Sounds more like Reactive Evolution or Accelerated Development.
No? It has nothing to do with improved evolution. The setting said that no matter who the person is against him, he will become infinitely stronger. The plot thing is this. He can replace the strongest person in the story. I should explain this situation as follows. In order to change this, the story itself needs to be changed. That's why Henry gets the plot. This has nothing to do with development. No scan says this, on the contrary, it says that the setting will write him infinitely stronger. In other words, no matter who the story is, he will manipulate it again and come to the top. Yan Sen adds these features to Henrys when he creates them. He needs to have this power to add this to them. And the story itself changes. Henry is not the strongest. Someone equal to him comes. And the fact that he cannot come to the top of the story means that the story itself is manipulated.

No? It has nothing to do with improved evolution. The setting said that no matter who the person is against him, he will become infinitely stronger. The plot thing is this. He can replace the strongest person in the story. I should explain this situation as follows. In order to change this, the story itself needs to be changed. That's why Henry gets the plot. This has nothing to do with development. No scan says this, on the contrary, it says that the setting will write him infinitely stronger. In other words, no matter who the story is, he will manipulate it again and come to the top. Yan Sen adds these features to Henrys when he creates them. He needs to have this power to add this to them. And the story itself changes. Henry is not the strongest. Someone equal to him comes. And the fact that he cannot come to the top of the story means that the story itself is manipulated.
Yan Sen said it himself the setting means an infinite power to overtake Henry opponent which is straight up Accelerated Development or Reactive Evolution. Nothing in your explanation aligns with Plot Manipulation.

Yan Sen said it himself the setting means an infinite power to overtake Henry opponent which is straight up Accelerated Development or Reactive Evolution. Nothing in your explanation aligns with Plot Manipulation.
1. Henry literally states ad verbum that HE IS THE SETTING
2. He states that he will always win, no matter what kind of comic, or medium he is (I.E. Implying existence of meta narrative)
3. This is a clear analogy of plot armor
4. You don't need to have a meta narrative, to get plot manip

I will tell you again. First of all, this has nothing to do with evolution. What you say can only create certain complications, but when you look at the essence of the subject, Henry says: "It doesn't matter if it comes from a raw story or a webtoon, my setting is the strongest here. I am the setting." This means that whoever the other person is, he will be much stronger than him. Look, this has nothing to do with evolution. This was already determined at the very beginning of the war. This is just the way plot manipulation works. When we look at the essence, it is completely related to the story. For example, let's say Henry is already a strong person. Before the war starts, the setting will already write Henry to be stronger than the man in front of him, this is just the way plot manipulation works. Yan Sen, on the other hand, disrupts this situation and changes the story itself, not allowing Henry to be the strongest. It wouldn't be hard to say that he has this power by creating multiple Henrys.

Where is the scan that shows Yan sen manipulating the plot
It just shows him being stronger than someone
Hell nah this is no where close to plot manip

Henry literally states ad verbum that HE IS THE SETTING
Yeah where is the scan that says “setting” = entire plot? Yan Sen already said what the setting means.
He states that he will always win, no matter what kind of comic, or medium he is (I.E. Implying existence of meta narrative)
Thats just No Limits Fallacy or Reactive Evolution or Accelerated Development.
That’s different from what anything Henry is doing.
It doesn't matter if it comes from a raw story or a webtoon, my setting is the strongest here. I am the setting.
Yeah he is describing his Reactive Evolution or Accelerated Development. Again where does “setting” = whole plot?
This is just the way plot manipulation works.
Yan Sen, on the other hand, disrupts this situation and changes the story itself, not allowing Henry to be the strongest.
Plot Manipulation is the ability to create, destroy, or control the plot that governs reality.
Yan Sen didn’t change the story, he just created another Henry to fight the original but since he cannot kill Henry, it comes to a stalemate.

Yeah where is the scan that says “setting” = entire plot? Yan Sen already said what the setting means.

Yeah he is describing his Reactive Evolution or Accelerated Development. Again where does “setting” = whole plot?

Plot Manipulation is the ability to create, destroy, or control the plot that governs reality.
Yan Sen didn’t change the story, he just created another Henry to fight the original but since he cannot kill Henry, it comes to a stalemate.
No. This changes the outcome of the story. The story says Henry is the strongest, but Yan Sen manipulates the plot through creation.

when he said that he was the setting he acshually meant uh.....
Give me a different interpretation of "I am the setting", that isn't utterly insane
It is supporting evidence
How? Both are the creators of their series

He is literally the creator of the goddamn series

Wdym character design they are identical. Setting can mean various things.
The exact word used can have multiple meanings, one of the "better translation" out there translated those words by "character design", which is infinitely better than the half baked translation we use.

Yan sen literally said the setting is just the power to infinitely overtake the opponent
What is a setting then? I can't think of a definition of "the setting", without implying an existent metanarrative (This is strengthened by henry literally mentioning the existence of another stories, or novels)

Back