• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yan Sen hax revision

1- Base form Plot Manipulation Resistance

Henry refers to YanSen as ''above setting''. This means that YanSen is above the setting in his basic form. (setting = Henry's plot ability)
(translation approved)

2- Illusion manip resistance/ mind resistance

The king of monsters traps everyone in an illusion and absorbs their powers, but Yan Sen is unaffected by the illusion and his mind is unaffected because there is nothing Yan Sen desires. The God of consciousness, who can control all minds in the universe and the concept of mind, could not affect Yan Sen.

3- Illusion manip

Yan Sen created an illusion that impressed the MonsterKing.

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus @Everything12 @LephyrTheRevanchist (Limited Plot Resistance)
Disagree:

Last edited:
agree

Perfectly Cooked Impressed GIF - Perfectly Cooked Impressed Amazed GIFs

Henry refers to YanSen as ''above setting''. This means that YanSen is above the setting in his basic form.
Are we sure being above the setting instantly means the setting does not work on him or does it simply mean he can control the setting in a higher degree and therefore is above Henry's setting?

Are we sure being above the setting instantly means the setting does not work on him or does it simply mean he can control the setting in a higher degree and therefore is above Henry's setting?
If he controlled the setting, it would be plot manipulation, it's just a resistance.

If he controlled the setting, it would be plot manipulation, it's just a resistance.
That is not my question, how do we know "being above the setting" means you are instantly not affected by it? Its entirely possible Henry was talking about how Yan sen can control the setting far beyond his capacity

I am just saying "above" is just a very very broad term

That is not my question, how do we know "being above the setting" means you are instantly not affected by it? Its entirely possible Henry was talking about how Yan sen can control the setting far beyond his capacity

I am just saying "above" is just a very very broad term
Henry's setting is to always gain power to ultimately be above his opponent, no matter from which story or which world that opponent comes from.

Yan Sen fought Henry within Henry's story, where he's invincible and has the territory advantage.

Henry lost despite being invincible, the strongest superhero and undefeated normally. He couldn't catch up with Yan Sen despite his chara design that should have let him gain the upper hand.

The way Henry uses "setting" in that screen is slightly ambiguous. "设定" was used to designate the character design of Henry earlier in the story. However, it can also mean the "setting of a story" in this context, especially seeing how the fight became more metafictional toward the end. Both those interpretations are valid, with the first one being slightly more safe in my opinion.

1- Base form Plot Manipulation Resistance

Henry refers to YanSen as ''above setting''. This means that YanSen is above the setting in his basic form.
(translation approved)
This is not nearly enough to grant such resistance. Does he have an actual showing resisting plot manip? Or an indication of him going above the panels of the manhua or some such 4th-wall break that can give us an indication this is something more than just fluff.
2- Illusion manip resistance

The king of monsters traps everyone in an illusion and absorbs their powers, but Yan Sen is unaffected by the illusion and his mind is unaffected because there is nothing Yan Sen desires.
This frankly seems more a weakness of the illusions, that to entrap someone they need to have some form of desires. Yan Sen could still see the illusions and they interact with him, so he's not really resisting it based on these scans. If the ability also carries a form of empathic manipulation (not clearly shown here, to be noted) then he can resist that instead.

The rest seems fine with surface reading.

This is not nearly enough to grant such resistance. Does he have an actual showing resisting plot manip? Or an indication of him going above the panels of the manhua or some such 4th-wall break that can give us an indication this is something more than just fluff.
setting = plot, Henry is talking here about YanSen being above the setting because they fought and the setting didn't work on YanSen.
This frankly seems more a weakness of the illusions, that to entrap someone they need to have some form of desires. Yan Sen could still see the illusions and they interact with him, so he's not really resisting it based on these scans. If the ability also carries a form of empathic manipulation (not clearly shown here, to be noted) then he can resist that instead.
YanSen's profile has illusion resistance and mind resistance, it's just an extra addition.

setting = plot, Henry is talking here about being above the setting because they fought and the setting didn't work on YanSen.
So saw some of the scans in his own profile. Doesn't seem he's resisting Henry's power, as he himself needed to create a copy of him. Hell, Yan Sen himself says "I cannot kill you" because Henry keeps growing overtaking "the setting".

YanSen's profile has illusion resistance and mind resistance, it's just an extra addition.
Then keep with those.

So saw some of the scans in his own profile. Doesn't seem he's resisting Henry's power, as he himself needed to create a copy of him. Hell, Yan Sen himself says "I cannot kill you" because Henry keeps growing overtaking "the setting".
"Henry's character design makes him infinitely stronger than any opponent, even if that opponent comes from another story. He will continue to be invincible. His character design will always keep him alive"

"Henry's character design makes him infinitely stronger than any opponent"

Henry's body couldn't reach him no matter how hard it tried, The reason he couldn't kill Henry was because Setting kept Henry alive. This means that YanSen did not use conspiracy manipulation, but only resisted it. He then creates clones with the same power and ability to defeat Henry.

Henry's body couldn't reach him no matter how hard it tried, The reason he couldn't kill Henry was because Setting kept Henry alive. This means that YanSen did not use conspiracy manipulation, but only resisted it. He then creates clones with the same power and ability to defeat Henry.
Precisely. That right there is proof he ain't above setting, as he can't truly ignore it.

Precisely. That right there is proof he ain't above setting, as he can't truly ignore it.
I think there is a misunderstanding. killing someone with a passive plot ability doesn't give you plot resistance, but being unaffected by the effects of that plot gives you plot resistance.
"Henry's character design makes him infinitely stronger than any opponent, even if that opponent comes from another story. He will continue to be invincible. His character design will always keep him alive"

"Henry's character design makes him infinitely stronger than any opponent"

Henry's setting always makes him infinitely stronger than his opponent, but this doesn't work on YanSen. That's why he said YanSen is above the setting.

I think there is a misunderstanding. killing someone with a passive plot ability doesn't give you plot resistance, but being unaffected by the effects of that plot gives you plot resistance.

Henry's setting always makes him infinitely stronger than his opponent, but this doesn't work on YanSen. That's why he said YanSen is above the setting.
It's a limited resistance at best, because YanSen can't ignore the setting and kill him. So the plot ability is working to some degree.

It's a limited resistance at best, because YanSen can't ignore the setting and kill him. So the plot ability is working to some degree.

Henry's setting (which was translated as "character design" in a way better translation) is to always be invincible in his own story/reality. That's just his character, the "invincible and strongest superhero".

He explains that no matter from which story, comics or novel Yan Sen comes from, "in this place", he's invincible and the strongest.

Despite the fight and Henry's character design trying to "become stronger than Yan Sen", Yan Sen still won in the end.

The fact that Yan Sen can't kill Henry isn't a problem, because the resistance isn't based on this. Yan Sen's strength, for all we know, wasn't growing during the fight. Yet, Henry ultimately lost, couldn't compete with Yan Sen and explain that Yan sen is "above the setting". Sure, we can take it as "Yan Sen is just stronger than Henry" but that wouldn't be the most probable explanation. I see it more like, since Yan Sen is above the setting (either character design or setting of Henry's story) he's just out of reach for him.

There is also the fact that Henry and Yan Sen power systems are different from each other, hence why Henry probably can't learn Qi manipulation while Yan Sen can use superpowers, since he's "above the setting".

If despite all this, you still think it's only "limited" then I'm fine with it.

Illusion manip is straightforward enough,

With resistance to illusion/mind manip, I’m a bit confused on what’s happening in the scan. Does the resistance stem from the fact that all those other characters, have the blue thing coming out of their mouths? But that guy (who I’m guessing is Yan Sen), doesn’t have that blue thing coming out of his mouth ? Where’s the mention of any illusion? The scan also says “he’s stealing our lives,” ???

Initially, I disagreed with plot manipulation all together, but based on your discussion with lephyr and the explanation there, I can agree to a limited resistance.

With resistance to illusion/mind manip, I’m a bit confused on what’s happening in the scan. Does the resistance stem from the fact that all those other characters, have the blue thing coming out of their mouths? But that guy (who I’m guessing is Yan Sen), doesn’t have that blue thing coming out of his mouth ? Where’s the mention of any illusion? The scan also says “he’s stealing our lives,” ???
I think you're talking about the god of consciousness, the god who controls all the minds in the universe. In this scene he's collecting all the minds in the universe because he thinks that if he does that YanSen won't be able to kill him (he does this because he has the minds of everyone in the universe, so if he dies, all minds die). He can control the minds of all living beings in the universe and draw them into his mind, but he cannot do that to YanSen's mind.
Initially, I disagreed with plot manipulation all together, but based on your discussion with lephyr and the explanation there, I can agree to a limited resistance.
i can't understand you on this, the Plot ability works passively to make henry always the strongest person and invincible, but it has no effect on YanSen. why we treat this as limited. Henry says YanSen is above the setting (plot)

I think you're talking about the god of consciousness, the god who controls all the minds in the universe. In this scene he's collecting all the minds in the universe because he thinks that if he does that YanSen won't be able to kill him (he does this because he has the minds of everyone in the universe, so if he dies, all minds die). He can control the minds of all living beings in the universe and draw them into his mind, but he cannot do that to YanSen's mind.
Yes I understand that, I just wanted to clarify. The translations could definitely be better ngl. I agree with mind manip resistance, but where does he resist illusions? Because I don’t see any mention of illusions in that part.
i can't understand you on this, the Plot ability works passively to make henry always the strongest person and invincible, but it has no effect on YanSen. why we treat this as limited. Henry says YanSen is above the setting (plot)
Yea

Yes I understand that, I just wanted to clarify. The translations could definitely be better ngl. I agree with mind manip resistance, but where does he resist illusions? Because I don’t see any mention of illusions in that part.
Illusion Manipulation
What I don't understand is that YanSen is not affected by Henry's Plot ability, but you give him a limited resistance. Not being able to kill him is not a resistance, not being affected by Plot is a resistance.

I also think something is misunderstood, this character (henry) already have plot manipulation, we have verified this in many crt, it's just a feat of resistance for YanSen.

Illusion Manipulation

What I don't understand is that YanSen is not affected by Henry's Plot ability, but you give him a limited resistance. Not being able to kill him is not a resistance, not being affected by Plot is a resistance.
Yan Sen isn't capable of killing him because the plot is making him constantly stronger, but not enough to beat Yan Sen. That's why is limited, Yan Sen is resisting part of it, but not enough to completely ignore the ability. He even had to summon another Henry to fully get past him.

Yan Sen isn't capable of killing him because the plot is making him constantly stronger, but not enough to beat Yan Sen. That's why is limited, Yan Sen is resisting part of it, but not enough to completely ignore the ability. He even had to summon another Henry to fully get past him.
The reason he doesn't die is not because he keeps getting stronger, but because the story keeps him alive.

The plot says Henry is infinitely strong, but with that he can't beat Yan Sen. He resists that.

The plot says he can't kill Henry, and Yan Sen confirms this. So he's not resisting that.

Thus, he's not fully resistant to the plot.

That's really it.

The plot says Henry is infinitely strong, but with that he can't beat Yan Sen. He resists that.

The plot says he can't kill Henry, and Yan Sen confirms this. So he's not resisting that.

Thus, he's not fully resistant to the plot.

That's really it.
Being infinitely stronger than your opponent has nothing to do with being immortal, Henry wanted to kill himself at a young age but couldn't because of the story

that's kinda weird tho
if the plot won't make henry then it is nullified not resist
i wouldn't say someone's self buff will not work because someone I'm facing resist the effect of the debuff of the same buff.

that's equivalent to saying you cannot time boost yourself because your enemy resist time slow

Back