• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Yamcha (22nd Budokai) vs Po (Legends of Awesomeness)

Speed equalized

IMG_3861.webp

IMG_3862.webp

Poe FRA. He has
  • Blind
  • Paralyze
  • Ki seal (a direct counter to Dragonball)
  • Healing
  • Some level of power copying (seems more like copying ma techniques than powers though)
  • Attack reflection
  • Resistance to internal, blunt force and pressure points

I think he beats most of the tourney by its nature of being characters who ic tend to fight up close and his inherent toughness (being resistant specifically to the types of damage most people in this tourney will use) and broken paralyze. He literally needs to hit yamcha 1 time to win.

Yamcha's only real hope is to kite him but that's not ic for yamcha to to go for ranged over melee excusively. Maybe if he starts with spirit ball and tags poe before he closes the gap but he literally stands still during spirit ball so that's kind of risky.

Legends of Awesomeness Po actually ended up using pressure point strikes a fair few times, it's certainly in-character though maybe not as a leading move. Yamcha has a small AP advantage, but Po is far more skilled and versatile, has a far higher lifting strength and doesn't share Yamcha's weakness of being arrogant. BFR is also a wincon through the Wuxi Finger Hold. I'd give this 9, maybe 9.5/10 to Po.

Is there anybody inorganic in this tournament, tho?
Don't think so.
However, my pick, Brachy, isn't remotely human and covered in natural armor, so I don't believe he can 1 tap beat it.
He can, however, fly and shoot lasers.
I think he beats pretty much everyone in the tournament by doing 1 of those 2 things with his only real way to lose being to not do those things. He goes for the 1 touch para decently often. Not sure about flying and projectiles. Pretty sure this ki and above have the hero chi flight and projectiles.

He honestly shouldn't be in a low hax tournament to begin with since on top of all things mentioned he also has consistent 1 touch bfr and ranged blinding attacks. And much more. He has tons of hax that basically hard-counters the majority of the tournament.

... This is pretty concerning stuff you are saying about Po. Maybe someone should take it up with the person who started this Tournament since it seems to me that Po has a relatively unfair advantage against most of his opponents.

Goku’s Power Mimicry is usually useless outside his verse but since Po’s abilities are chi-based would Goku be able to copy them?

... This is pretty concerning stuff you are saying about Po. Maybe someone should take it up with the person who started this Tournament since it seems to me that Po has a relatively unfair advantage against most of his opponents.
I think some of them stand a chance like Mori (also likely too hax for a low hax brawler tourney but I'm too lazy to look up at what point he got his really broken stuff) and Edward (doesn't actually punch people as his go-to and therefore enter paralyze range/risk being bfr'd). Not sure how likely he is to do the bfr either. I remember him doing it, like, once. Ever. But it its more than the 0 times Mori's used his instakill skills far as I'm aware, for example.
Its just the ic action for most of these characters is to trade hands and his hands can beat most of them in 1 hit if he wants to and probably lose even if he doesn't do this given his massive resistance to blunt damage and damage reflection.
With the sole exception being brachy, but he can fly, so brachy can't do literally anything to him.

1 shot para/bfr aside he's pretty fair and just really good specifically at this kind of fight.

Goku’s Power Mimicry is usually useless outside his verse but since Po’s abilities are chi-based would Goku be able to copy them?
No. Not the most noteworthy ones. Po's chi is chosen one, special chi. Which doesn't even work like regular chi and abilities like his sealing (another effective 1 shot I win tool v Goku) is specifically tied to his chi being special. His flight/projectiles are also hero chi dependant.
If he's copying something like paralyze/bfr, it means he got hit with them. He already lost.

Po's Hero's Chi is 7-C, his only "chi-based" ability outside of that is his Wuxi Finger Hold

Back