• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yamamoto vs Mugetsu Ichigo

Yama's EE and his bankai overall has a poor range

Ichigo can likely throw Mugetsu before him

Kayra said:
Yama's EE and his bankai overall has a poor range
Ichigo can likely throw Mugetsu before him
poor range? he was literally going to the burn the planet (some say galaxy) down

why wouldnt it hurt ichigo? also why wont yammato just dodge mugetsu i could say aizen didnt because he was busy monolouging in his head

Because Ichigo scales far above Yama's AP? If it wasn't for EE, Ichigo would no sell everything from him and blitzes anyway. Ichigo also isn't starting in Mugetsu ironically. OP states he is in Bankai and even if was in Mugetsu, he still has time to blitz in the event he misses. He stood around waiting because Aizen was nailed in the face with it so if Yama dodges, he will get slapped into the dirt.

it says their both country level granted i dont know who specfically is stronger as in the teratons etc

and no i meant aizen was hit with mugetsu because he was monolouging

Shinigami <<< Butterfly <<< Dangai = Monster Aizen <<< Mugetsu

I know. I am saying that Yama dodging wouldn't matter as Ichigo wouldn't wait around in that scenario like he did with Aizen. Look what he did when he saw the regen, boy was about to clap him so hard.

i mean he attempted to attack him his powers just ran out

also you think when aizen said he surpassed all shinigami that included bankai yammato?

Pretty sure Ichigo scales above Yamamato, he was going to oneshot Monster Aizen if it wasn't for Hogyoku Low-Godly regen

Monster Aizen is superior to any other Shinigami including Yamamato

IIRC Yamamato also doesn't use his EE first either, and everything else he throws at Ichigo won't be very useful due to Ichigo's superior AP and speed

for the record i also think ichigo wins, i was just iffy on a few reasons why

would mugetsu have been able to kill the ywach true shikai ichigo fought?

well no , Yhwach would have regen'd/ressurect.

it would probably been able to damage him tho but not defeat him , just like aizen .

edit : i thought true shikai scaled to dangai ?

@Naeblis

Yhwach said power that defeated Aizen which is Mugetsu. It can be interpreted either way by that's how I take it.

@Kid

The Royd Yhwach (Yama fought) is very different from the actual Yhwach (that no diffed Bankai Yama) who in turn is very different from Almighty Yhwach (one shot Ichibe) who is then immensely weaker than SK Yhwach (the one TS "fought").

FB Bankai Ichigo could be argued to beat Royd Yhwach and Dangai or Mugetsu would slaughter Royd.

i always just assumed yama got no diffed because he was fatigued, and do you believe that statement about burning ywach to the ground applies to the actual ywach or only royd?

It is worth noting that Yhwach stole Yama's bankai and he explicitly said he couldn't beat him in a straight up fight.

Pre-Almighty Yhwach had at least equal or greater reiatsu than Yamamato, he said in order to steal one's bankai, one should be at least equal to them.

and pre-Almighty Yhwach would likely still be able to defeat Yamamato. He has abilities to put him down and is much more smarter than Yamamato.

Anyway, Dangai Ichigo pretty much no sold everything Monster Aizen throw at him, he already scales above that, it's even on the profile that he is "higher with Mugetsu"

He doesn't lead with it, nor Yama leads with EE.

He's stronger, faster and smarter than Yamamato.

He really no sold that Fragor to the arm lol

I really doubt the smarter part but he definitely holds the advantage for physicals.

Ichigo pretty much willingly took that fragor and was barely injured, he was holding back the whole fight up until Mugetsu.

I am not getting any "old wise guy" vibes from Yamamato really.

He was kinda overconfident and reckless. Underestimated Aizen and used his bankai against fake Yhwach despite knowing that they can steal it. He made an assumption that wasn't based on facts and got killed easily by Yhwach.

He was the head captain for 2000+ years not because of his intelligence, but because of his strength. Yhwach didn't even consider him a threat he wasn't among the "5 special forces" thingy I don't know what it was called in english

Yeah. I believe Ichigo is smarter.

His entire arm was burnt. That ain't barely injured.

Doesn't matter what vibes you get. This guy is far older, far more experienced and far more skilled than Ichigo. Lets not forget that he good enough to gather up the most brutal, powerful and skilled killers in a dimension to turn into a peace keeping force. He also founded the Shino'o Academy and was the guy who set up its curriculum and personally taught 2 of the best Shinigami to have been born since he founded the Gotei as well as spent a day reluctantly training Kenny who refused to learn anything and still managed to teach him stuff.

When your entire schtick is being a beat stick but you can start dropping top tier spells on a dime and are a master of all four schools of combat, you are most certainly more skilled and intelligent than some 15, maybe 16, year old kid who is still learning things about things that get taught to first years in your academy.

He didn't underestimate Aizen, in fact he did better than the rest of the Gotei and Visoreds did together, actually got Aizen into a situation where he was trapped and seconds away from being trashed if not for Wonderweiss interrupting You know, unlike a dozen of the most experienced and skilled people introduced so far getting duped like a bunch of dumbasses.

He used his Bankai against Royd because he wanted to end the fight as fast as possible (like a smart guy) and knew that his Bankai had gotten far stronger than 1000 years ago so Yhwach can't anticipate the change in strength. This also a really dumb point to bring up when you are trying to argue that Ichigo is smarter when he did the exact same thing against Quilge, used it against Yhwach, used it against Yhwach in the final fight etc. If you think Yama is dumb or not intelligent, Ichigo must have every mental deficiency under the sun, moon and stars.

What assumption did he make? He saw the actual Yhwach and went for the kill. Him using Bankai at that point is based on facts as Royd never even tried to take Zanka because he couldn't. Unlike half his Captains that got theirs stolen like the chumps they are, he deduced that it was based on power and that the wielded has to be strong enough to control it. Man has had Zanka for millennia and still gets harmed by it despite training with it for 1000 years and you think he will think Yhwach can just roll up and steal it when even he himself can't control him properly? Your argument is basically saying Yama isn't smart because he didn't massively overestimate his enemy beyond the level he already did despite being the most knowledgeable on how deadly he is.

War Powers mean shit for skill or intelligence. Urahara became one because of his big brain plays, Aizen for his reiatsu etc etc. Yama didn't become one because Yhwach straight up told him that he wasn't as ruthless as he was in their last fight. People become War Powers for different reasons but Yama's only issue was having gotten soft in his old age. Kenny (pre Muken) became one for his fighting prowess despite the fact that Retsu was also there and proved she is better than pre Muken Kenny when she murdered him for days on end despite his zenkai boosts. War powers are the guys who are able to change the course of the war and Yama was about to solo the entire Wandenreich if Yhwach didn't step in.

As clearly explained above, your belief is sorely misplaced.

Back