• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yaldabaoth (Starcross) vs. Abyssion

Yaldabaoth is enough of a dipshit to leave her Absolute Barriers down, but Abyssion doesn't seem to have the raw hax to exploit that before Yaldabaoth realizes he's a peer in terms of sheer power and brings them back up.

That being said, Abyssion's Acausality seems like it might be too much, along with, you know, Willpower Defense. But with Regenerationn like that Yaldabaoth might be able to just beat him to death eventually. But then again, Yaldabaoth is still a dipshit and an idiot, so she's far from the best or most intelligent fighter.

As per the match itself, leaving Absolute barrier down is really bad, since Abyssion has absolute precog to see what lethal means Yalda is packing, and he has more then enough durability negating firepower to just blow right through them.

In retrospect, I still say it was a fun time. I had my complaints, but I didn't try to make them be as big a deal as it seemed at the time, lol

(I'm still interested in trying my hand at a campaign in that style, but y'know, that's a topic for another thread.)

@Prom, think having half a minute before the match helps, or hinders, in regards to her recognizing the threat for what it is?

Absolute Barrier doesn't negate precog, but Yaldabaoth's Acausality should deal with it anyways. She has Low-Godly anyways, so he'd have to destroy her soul to kill her. Anything less and she'll just activate her barriers. She's not completely devoid of resistances, anyways, she has basic angelic resistances.

It wouldn't do much, honestly. The fight would need to start for her to figure it out.

Ehhhhhh if you look past the fact that the characters were bad, the plot was subpar, and I existed in it, sure it was great

>Realizes Yalba has Low Godly and Abyssion has no Soul Manipulation

JPEG 20190218 235714

I'm not sure if what either of you have said are supposed to be votes (for presumably Abyssion?) or just observations about the match.

Well

Considering Abyssion can't do anything against Low Godly it's kinda not fair

Since Abyssion doesn't even have infinite stamina, as well as the above reasons about low godly. This is a Yaldabaoth stomp.

He can't? I see Reality and Fate Manipulation. Figured that might do something or other.

You'll notice neither of those actually have any soul based capacities notable on them

Back