• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Early/Mid-Game & Torna AP Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hello, it's me again, with another Xenoblade 2 focused CRT. I just did one about the AP ratings, but the thing is... some of these AP ratings are entirely assumed. Specifically, those of the early game characters; the ones rated as "At least 6-C, possibly High 6-A". There's no calc for this, it's entirely based on assumptions of the size of the Titans and the like.

And so, I propose to replace it with a 5-C rating based on this:

Urayan Titan's Kinetic Energy: 5-C (98.28 Exatons)

Yep, it's a Tier 5 upgrade. Further supporting this scaling to all the early game Xenoblade 2 characters are statements from Malos. Specifically, Malos states that each of his Artifices (those being the Gargoyles) rivals even the largest of Titans, making his Gargoyles scale to Uraya. These Gargoyles are frequently fought enemies that all of the Torna cast are capable of fighting, including Brighid and Mythra. This would in turn scale to the Xenoblade 2 early game cast, as they can contend with Brighid.

Last thing I wanna add is that Alvis is currently scaled to "At least Low 7-C, possibly higher", with the latter part due to being an Aegis like Mythra and Malos and thus possibly being comparable to them. I don't wanna change this reasoning, but I wanna solidify the rating to an "At least Low 7-C, possibly 5-C". No one in Xenoblade 1 would scale off of this by the way, Alvis's few feats put him above everyone else in Xenoblade 1 at the time (like killing a Telethia that gave Shulk trouble).

And that's about it. Hopefully, this should be pretty straightforward. Now... DISCUSS!

Agree: 9 (@JoshSSJGod, @Spinoirr, @KingTempest, @Js250476, @Eseseso, @Kisaragi_Megumi, @KobsterHope07, @DarkDragonMedeus, @SilentLyfe)
Disagree:
Neutral: 1
(@Joycap)

Last edited:
This is also fine. Nice to finally see a calc for Pyra/Mythra to scale to.

Curious though, since Pyra’s strength is said to be only a shadow of Mythra’s, would that means Pyra would downscale to baseline 5-C (as the difference between the two value is about 3.3x so not a big drop where even though she is weaker, she can still contend with those scaling to 98.28 exatons)

Tbh I'd prefer not. For one, the 98.28 exaton rating scales to Malos's Gargoyles and not Malos himself, who scales even higher. Characters that fought Malos would scale higher than this value, so it kinda balances out. And doing this downscaling approach makes things needlessly convoluted given that Nia, Tora, etc. are comparable to Pyra and then end up comparable to Mythra almost spontaneously.

I'll say Neutral for now. As self-contradictory as this is going to sound, I'm going to have to ask for a 'why?' as far as what this calc achieves for profiles, but as long as we're getting and keeping some kind of lower alternate key for these characters, I'm in favour.

pic doesn't load for me
image.png

image.png

Yeah, I think we have enough approval to apply this if not already. What pages need unlocking?

I’m on mobile, but from what I can tell: Rex, Pyra, Nia, Tora, Zeke, Morag, Malos, Jin, and Amalthus

I can apply these changes when I get home in an hour or so

I’m on mobile, but from what I can tell: Rex, Pyra, Nia, Tora, Zeke, Morag, Malos, Jin, and Amalthus

I can apply these changes when I get home in an hour or so
Was in the middle of so much multitasking, but am getting to opening the pages.

Unlocked them all. Let me know when you're done so I can lock them all back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back