• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So, I love Xenoblade. Beat the entire storyline (1, Future Connected, 2, Torna, 3, and Future Redeemed) and it's awesome. So, what do I decide to do? Make a whole physiology page simply because I can... specifically as a sandbox. So yeah, looking through the profiles of the likes of Pyra/Mythra, Malos, Nia, Jin, etc. there are clearly a bunch of abilities that Blades share, so I compiled them all into a single physiology page.

This is the page. I'm proposing that this be added as a verse-specific ability and all the Blades have the corresponding abilities replaced with one that says Blade Physiology. If the Blade in question is a Flesh Eater or an Aegis, it should be specified in parenthesis next to the ability itself on the character's profile.

That's about all from me. Hopefully this should be straightforward.

Agree: 5 (@KingTempest, @JoshSSJGod, @Dragoonseraphim, @DarkDragonMedeus, @Spinoirr)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
This is how it be

I checked it out earlier, I love how it looks.

You might need some knowledgeable members to verify the abilities but it looks solid
I spoke with DDM about the sandbox and he seemed fine with the abilities, though I'd like for him to comment on this thread

I wouldn't be apposed to it honestly. Its a well made page.

I personally just prefer having all the abilities listed on said profile instead of having to click on different pages just to get everything the character has. Ironically enough I do have changes in mind since I shadow work on the verse for years and years then pop up for a CRT then do it again.

One thing I will mention though is for Aegis weaknesses. They do not return to their cores once their drivers die so a note of that should be mentioned alongside them being able to withstand much more damage to their core (Malos missing a chunk in base XB2 being the most obvious answer)

One thing I will mention though is for Aegis weaknesses. They do not return to their cores once their drivers die so a note of that should be mentioned alongside them being able to withstand much more damage to their core (Malos missing a chunk in base XB2 being the most obvious answer)
Will add this in. I clearly need to replay the entire Xenoblade series, I beat 3 and FR recently but the rest were done longer ago and my memory hates me for it

Noice, from my memory the only ability missing thus far is the Reactive Evolution for Aegis Blades. You don't have to include it since not only it is mostly an Ontos thing as he abuses it the most (with Malos doing some stuff with it like breaking out of Amalthus' control as seen by their flashback talk before Malos leaves).

Oh yeah I remember that one, felt like I was missing something

Will add that in

So...

• Note: Not every Flesh Eater loses their immortality, as shown by Nia retaining hers.
...The thing about Verse-Specific P&As is that every ability should either be inherent to anyone with the P&A in question, or have a given criteria a certain subgroup of it has. At the very least I'd ask to specify what criteria Nia meets here to not lose the immortality (and some other characters also falling there, as a single character being the exception somehow is a blatant case of it not being something to list there), as otherwise it'd be best to just remove the Longevity part over there, as then it wouldn't be something standarizable to any user of the power beyond basically explicit feats at that point.

I'd also bother clarifying what type of Information Manipulation is said on the page.

Beyond that it's all good for the most part, although I'd say that High-Godly has to go if the verse only has up to type 1 info manip, unless that degree is for some other reason.

Last edited:
Based on the statement, it's based on the procedure to transform from Blade to Flesh Eater; in Nia's case it was a success and she kept her Immortality as she is still alive and still just as youthful 1000 years late in XB3 as the Queen of Agnus. Where as Cole's case was a failure and thus he eventually grew old.

Okay... let's see if I can be a contrarian about this before I get back to Saga scripting... In the words of Legally Blonde viewers: "What are we seeing?"

Blades (Main):
  • Immortality: Checks out to me.
  • Regeneration: Mostly agree. I'd add an anecdote for High-Low, but I think this depends on a case-by-case basis.
  • Weapon Creation: Agree/Neutral? I'd mostly just change the wording here or add an anecdote, because iirc Klaus mentions something about 'the data in their cores' that allows them to summon blades. I daresay we can overlap what we know about XC3 into this after the conformation of Alvis being Ontos and Origin being based on Ontos's core, so in a weird manner of speaking, Origin is just another World Tree.
  • Power Bestowal/Forcefield creation: Agree. Nothing new to say here.
  • Information Analysis: Agree. Add an anecdote about how Klaus mentions Blade data returning to the World Tree for evolutionary purposes.
  • Deconstruction: Neutral. Mostly a case-by-case basis on this one. I'm aware of Purifying Flames and Klaus inventing the quote "Particulate substance that can re-assemble matter" (the Cloud Sea, that preceded blades / CCs as a replacement for human brain cells etc.), but I don't recall every blade using it.
  • Power Nullification: Agree/Neutral. Similar to deconstruction on the case-by-case. Akhos DEFINATELY does, and Ether Anchor is a thing, but once again, not every blade has that.
  • Absorbtion/Sealing (Limited): Agree. Nothing fancy to say here.
  • Resistances: Disagree on Blood Manipulation. I think I'd just put this down as Matter Manipulation of some kind (Unless you want to consider Flesh/Blade eater psychology, in which case that's their cells, not their blood). Neutral on Disease Manipulation. Aegis's can't. Nia could, though.
  • Limited Resistances: Mostly agree. Note again Akhos in C3.

Flesh Eaters:

• Longevity / Lack of Immortality. Neutral OR Disagree? I say that because looking at the immortality page as it pertains to Nia, I see agruments for Immortality types 2, 3 and... I want to say 6? (Nia was to take after the form of her unnamed sister iirc.). Oh, and for the sake of argument, what would we class Mikhail as? Because his is at LEAST 500 years, and we know Origin had a 1000-year skip from it's founding to Aionios's 'current day'.
Anyway, I've got places to be. Overall 'agree' with a few asterisks.

(Nia was to take after the form of her unnamed sister iirc.
This was the first I heard this and never knew she had a sister, Glimmer and some unnamed character who is Mythra's daughter are her step daughters yes, but never knew about any sister.

This was the first I heard this and never knew she had a sister, Glimmer and some unnamed character who is Mythra's daughter are her step daughters yes, but never knew about any sister.

Do you recall Nia's story about her dad, who lost his Lordship trying to find a cure? This is why.

So...

...The thing about Verse-Specific P&As is that every ability should either be inherent to anyone with the P&A in question, or have a given criteria a certain subgroup of it has. At the very least I'd ask to specify what criteria Nia meets here to not lose the immortality (and some other characters also falling there, as a single character being the exception somehow is a blatant case of it not being something to list there), as otherwise it'd be best to just remove the Longevity part over there, as then it wouldn't be something standarizable to any user of the power beyond basically explicit feats at that point.
Successful Flesh Eaters retain their immortality. Failed Flesh Eaters lose it

I'd be sure to specify that on the profile. Also not sure if it should count but should Blade Eaters also be there?
I spoke with DDM about this since he asked the same question. I said no since Blade Eaters are humans, not Blades. They simply have part of a Blade's Core Crystal fused into them. However, I'm open to changing my mind on this

Beyond that it's all good for the most part, although I'd say that High-Godly has to go if the verse only has up to type 1 info manip, unless that degree is for some other reason.

Is it possible that this info manip can be used to assist in character immortality? Tom & Jerry-esque cartoons don't lose half their hax just because they have toon force listed.

Type 1? Well, the thing is that it's not "fundamental" that way per-say to begin with, and so can be counteracted by other more mundane abilities, as much how type 3 conceptual manip is treated on the site.

The Information Manipulation the Aegis resist is Type 2, not Type 1. It's far from just knowledge, rather it's the fundamental aspects of the Aegis themselves

Joycap's question seemed to rely on type 1 info manip in particular, but...

The Information Manipulation the Aegis resist is Type 2, not Type 1. It's far from just knowledge, rather it's the fundamental aspects of the Aegis themselves
For type 2 the whole reality has to be reliant on this kind of stuff, not just the Aegis themselves.

For type 2 the whole reality has to be reliant on this kind of stuff, not just the Aegis themselves.
It ain't just Aegis Blades, they're just the only ones who can survive losing it (other than stuff in Xenoblade 3).

tldr; Everything in Xenoblade 2 is derived from Core Crystals and thus information. Normal people such as Rex have shown to be affected by manipulation of said information.

It ain't just Aegis Blades, they're just the only ones who can survive losing it (other than stuff in Xenoblade 3).

tldr; Everything in Xenoblade 2 is derived from Core Crystals and thus information. Normal people such as Rex have shown to be affected by manipulation of said information.
So it is Type 2?

I'm just gonna leave this to the experts...

Joycap's question seemed to rely on type 1 info manip in particular, but...

I wasn't really fussed w/ or not it was Type 1 or Type 2. I'm just saying that I don't think that putting it on the profile shouldn't inherently come into conflict with other powers, that's all.

But yeah, Type 1 info manip isn't usable for High-Godly, the regen page bothers specifying type 2 info for a reason.

Either way, it seems there's no issue here from the look of things.

I’d like to get one more staff member to look at this for good measure tbh

Looks fine, though the image links feel a bit unnecessary imo since they're just gonna be in the actual profiles more often than not.

Perhaps a GIF that shows Blade resonation would be more appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back