• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X784 Strongest Armor/CHC Erza discussion

I apologize, but this has been bothering me for a while.

So Base Erza in X784 is >= Base Natsu, I fully agree with that, but her Strongest Armors are a different story.

First off, her Black Wing Armor (while weakened) did manage to hold its own for a while against Jose Porla, whom even complimented her power and said that she was one of the strongest people he'd faced and that she'd have been able to fight him even longer had she not taken the Jupiter blast

Also, her strongest armors let her one-shot Aria despite being weakened by Jupiter, and Aria was >> Base Natsu. Keep in mind even Laxus couldn't one-shot Base-Natsu level people.

Also, Heaven Wheel Erza tanked the recoil from 200 Thunder Lacrima at once, when even just one Thunder Lacrima's recoil badly hurt Juvia, who is equal to Gray who is equal to Base Natsu.

Yes, Gray himself destroyed 4 lacrima, but Bisca, who is comparable to X784 Cana (who is not far below X784 Lucy), was also one-shot by the recoil of destroying a Lacrima.

Also, she fought and matched a Jellal who was at half power (courtesy of Seigrain), and half of 27 megatons is still 7-B. She only got stomped when he got the other half of his power back from Siegrain.

And as a side note, considering Siegrain became a Saint by himself despite being only half of Jellal's power, one could even argue that half-power X784 Jellal is comparable to other X784 Saints like Makarov and Jose Porla. But that's probably for another CRT.

Also, just the fact her Adamantine Armor is comparable (albeit not equal) in durability to Makarov level people gives me the feeling that her S.A. in general are on the level just below the Makarov-level people.

Of course, she is almost certainly not on the level of the Makarov-level people, as she still lost Jellal and Jose, and her Adamantine Armor was totally shattered by Jupiter while Makarov took clearly less damage from it (even though it still hurt him).

Because of this, I think her Strongest Armors and CHC should backscale to Baseline 7-B (6.3 megatons), so far above the Low 7-B's but far below the Makarov-level people. How convienient.

I apologize for what has to be my 50th FT upgrade CRT, but this one has really bothered me for a while.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me, but it's still hard to follow. I'm not well versed in FT on the scaling side of things so you should make your CRTs easy to follow for those who may be confused, ESPECIALLY if it involves scaling to other characters, you want everything as easy to read and concise as possible.

Aria was >> Base Natsu.
Can you show scans for this?
Keep in mind even Laxus couldn't one-shot Base-Natsu level people.
who is equal to Gray who is equal to Base Natsu.
Can you show scans?
And as a side note, considering Siegrain became a Saint by himself despite being only half of Jellal's power, one could even argue that half-power X784 Jellal is comparable to other X784 Saints like Makarov and Jose Porla. But that's probably for another CRT.
Couldn't Siegrain just be the weakest of them? I don't think Title alone is enough to scale unless you have more proof backing it.
Also, just the fact her Adamantine Armor is comparable (albeit not equal) in durability to Makarov level people gives me the feeling that her S.A. in general are on the level just below the Makarov-level people.
Possibly... maybe...

That would take a lot of time, and Aria is already stated on his profile to be above the other Element 4 who are equal to Base Natsu level people
He literally fought Natsu and Gajeel for multiple chapters and couldn't one-shot them.

I can get links if you want, but...
Can you show scans?
On their profiles it's currently there
Couldn't Siegrain just be the weakest of them? I don't think Title alone is enough to scale unless you have more proof backing it.
1. Jellal was losing to CHC Erza until he got Seigrain back, so we already know that Siegrain had a lot of Jellal's power.

2. I'm fairly sure that if there are no statements of one Saint being above the other, they are at least all comparable.

Like how Makarov and Jose, 2 Wizard Saints, fought each other evenly.

Besides, even if Erza only scaled to half of that 27.3 megaton feat, that's still City level.

Aight fine, I'll address this CRT
I apologize, but this has been bothering me for a while.

So Base Erza in X784 is >= Base Natsu, I fully agree with that, but her Strongest Armors are a different story.

First off, her Black Wing Armor (while weakened) did manage to hold its own for a while against Jose Porla, whom even complimented her power and said that she was one of the strongest people he'd faced and that she'd have been able to fight him even longer had she not taken the Jupiter blast
He wasn't going all out against her and complimenting her power and calling her one of the strongest people he's faced doesn't mean she scales to him
Also, her strongest armors let her one-shot Aria despite being weakened by Jupiter, and Aria was >> Base Natsu. Keep in mind even Laxus couldn't one-shot Base-Natsu level people.
Aria isn't above Full Power Base Natsu, he was overwhelming a casual Base Natsu because Natsu couldn't see his attacks and also could not land an attack. Base Natsu immediately proceeds to fight and match Gajeel, who's stronger than Aria
Also, Heaven Wheel Erza tanked the recoil from 200 Thunder Lacrima at once, when even just one Thunder Lacrima's recoil badly hurt Juvia, who is equal to Gray who is equal to Base Natsu.
The Thunder Palace's damage is equivalent to the damage given, so this is really just Erza taking a bunch of her own attacks
Yes, Gray himself destroyed 4 lacrima, but Bisca, who is comparable to X784 Cana (who is not far below X784 Lucy), was also one-shot by the recoil of destroying a Lacrima.
Look above
Also, she fought and matched a Jellal who was at half power (courtesy of Seigrain), and half of 27 megatons is still 7-B. She only got stomped when he got the other half of his power back from Siegrain.
Jellal and Siegrain being split is never said to halve their power, it could very well be way lower than that since Jellal without Siegrain can't even use Heavenly Body Magic at all
Meh, this is sorta valid I guess
This is an unwarranted assumption
Of course, she is almost certainly not on the level of the Makarov-level people, as she still lost Jellal and Jose, and her Adamantine Armor was totally shattered by Jupiter while Makarov took clearly less damage from it (even though it still hurt him)

Because of this, I think her Strongest Armors and CHC should backscale to Baseline 7-B (6.3 megatons), so far above the Low 7-B's but far below the Makarov-level people. How convienient.
Nah, you can't just backscale characters off of weak stuff like this

I dunno, if the Jellal being 1/2 Half Power without Siegrain thing is legit, I would be ok with SA Erza being 1/2 of Makarov level people

He wasn't going all out against her and complimenting her power and calling her one of the strongest people he's faced doesn't mean she scales to him
She doesn't scale to him, but just the fact that he complemented her seems to support her at least downscaling from him, especially since she was still somewhat weakened from tanking Jupiter.
Aria isn't above Full Power Base Natsu, he was overwhelming a casual Base Natsu because Natsu couldn't see his attacks and also could not land an attack. Base Natsu immediately proceeds to fight and match Gajeel, who's stronger than Aria
I thought Aria was said to be the strongest of the Element 4, making him above Juvia who was comparable to Gray who is comparable to Natsu.

And is it actually confirmed that Gajeel > Aria? I don't seem to recall any statement like that in the manga.
The Thunder Palace's damage is equivalent to the damage given, so this is really just Erza taking a bunch of her own attacks
Wouldn't she have taken 200x a normal attack's damage since she endured the recoil of destroying 200 at once?

Even if we use Bisca, who is comparable to Cana who is not too far below Lucy and Wendy, since Bisca herself could one-shot a Lacrima, and assume that Erza used Bisca's level of power to destroy each Lacrima, the fact that she had to endure 200x the recoil that Bisca did from destroying 200 of them at once is ridiculous.
Jellal and Siegrain being split is never said to halve their power, it could very well be way lower than that since Jellal without Siegrain can't even use Heavenly Body Magic at all
Fair, although Jellal could still use Shadow Magic just fine.

The thing is that while the online translation (which might have different words from the official translation) never sayshow much of Jellal's power is in Siegrain, so many sites (reddit, TV Tropes, Fairy Tail wiki, various forums, and even a few CRTS on this site) all state that Siegrain was half of Jellal's power but don't give any link/image.

Maybe the official manga translation has more info but I don't know where to find the actual official manga translation.

This is an unwarranted assumption
Fair
I dunno, if the Jellal being 1/2 Half Power without Siegrain thing is legit, I would be ok with SA Erza being 1/2 of Makarov level people
See above.

Back