• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE CRT (AP Upgrade)

I'm not a calc expert at all. I have no clue how to do this.

It's "easy" because you have experience in doing it. I have no experience. Multiple staff members said converting PSI to Joules was a method that was okay to use.
This is how you convert PSI to joules. You need the surface area of where it will be applied, and how far the object will be sent flying back with said impact.

Let's not use dinosaurs here. It's a bit of a massive stretch that they meant the African Warrior was intended to be stronger than a T-Rex or a Whale rather than a more typical large land animal.
Except they’re not being compared to any one direct animal, they’re being lauded as one of the strongest animals known to man. That includes historical animals as well, which I feel justified a “possibly 9-A”

I’m pretty sure I could do the conversions, but we have no way to tell how far the punch sent them flying, what’s a reasonable assumption?
Any on screen feats? Sending them hurling 1 meter wields only Wall level using the 20K psi value as I just showed, they could have bigger fists but that'd still be nowhere near enough to give them the boost to 9-A that they need.

Any on screen feats? Sending them hurling 1 meter wields only Wall level using the 20K psi value as I just showed, they could have bigger fists but that'd still be nowhere near enough to give them the boost to 9-A that they need.
It’s a statement feat so we can’t really tell any specifics like how far they were launched. Is 1 metre just the standard assumption in absence of a direct number?

It’s a statement feat so we can’t really tell any specifics like how far they were launched. Is 1 metre just the standard assumption in absence of a direct number?
No, there is no standard available for this. Just gotta calculate that too.

The hardest part is trying to figure out how far the wrestlers were launched.

I have no idea how to find that.

I mean, Big Show's fist was stated to be 15 inches in circumference.

Don't know how this would help, though.

@CuteAnimeNekoGirl99...

Bruh, it's easy.

Suppose you got that 20,000 psi value. Convert it to pascals. 1.37895e+8 pascals.

Now, find the fist impact area (Basically, measure how long and wide your fist's front is). Mine is 6.5 cm high and 7.9 cm long so that's 51.35 cm^2 or 0.005135 m^2

Force: 1.37895e+8 * 0.005135= 708090.825 N

Now you gotta find how far the dude was sent flying.

Lemme use 1 m as an example.

W= Fs. So...

W= 708090.825 * 1 = 708090.825 J (Wall level)

The lower the distance you move the guy with your punch, the lower the energy yield.
Think you can do this for me?

Haven’t we already pixel scaled the size of Big Show’s fist somewhere before? I could do the calc myself if I could get that, using 1m as a low end, 3m as a mid end and 5m as a high end

Haven’t we already pixel scaled the size of Big Show’s fist somewhere before? I could do the calc myself if I could get that, using 1m as a low end, 3m as a mid end and 5m as a high end
Oh wait it wasn’t Big Show who peformed the feat. I’m a dumbass

So that 20,000 PSI number was wrong so let’s use 19,000 PSI

1.31e+8 Pascals

Using average fist size for a male we get 0.01716126m^2

0.01716126 * 1.31e+8 = 2248125.06N

1 metre:

2248125.06 * 1 = 2248125.06 Joules,

3 metres:

2248125.06 * 3 = 6744375.18 Joules

5 Metres:

2248125.06 * 5 = 11240625.3 Joules which is in touching distance of 9-A but not quite there.

I feel like if we pixel scaled Kamala’s fist (or even Warrior’s, since he scales above and should be capable of the same if not better) it would be larger than the average, and combine that with maybe a better animal for PSI, “Possibly 9-A” could still be on the cards for WWE

My knowledge on the “golden age” of WWE is a bit low, what tier would we place Kamala in? If he’s lower or equal to say the likes of Big Show, then we could use his fists, which are massive.

Can you explain what this calculation is for and where the values are coming from?

I was told to review this, but I don't know the context for it.

Basically this is how you do the punch

First, you find force.

F= P * A to get the newton value, P is pressure in pascals and A is area in m^2 (Area would be impact area of the fist)

Then you do this:

W = Fs, where W is Work done (Energy in joules), F is the force in newtons and S is how far the object went from that punch. Since it's a human, well, just find how far he was sent flying by that high force punch.
Bruh, it's easy.

Suppose you got that 20,000 psi value. Convert it to pascals. 1.37895e+8 pascals.

Now, find the fist impact area (Basically, measure how long and wide your fist's front is). Mine is 6.5 cm high and 7.9 cm long so that's 51.35 cm^2 or 0.005135 m^2

W= Fs. So...

The lower the distance you move the guy with your punch, the lower the energy yield.
PIka based his calcs off of the formula KLOL proposed here.

We used a completely different formula that was apparently the wrong formula to use.

Bruh, it's easy.

W= Fs. So...

It would require some conversion. Like
  • 19,000 PSI = 131,000,388.57 Newton per m^2
  • 131,000,388.57 Newton per m^2 =131,000,388.57 Joules per m^2
Then just like, get a size for his fist or shoe and multiply that surface area to the number

• .043 m^2 * 131,000,388.57 Joules per m^2 = 5,633,016.70851 joules for his fist

As an example
oh yeah so would this method be inaccurate then? Qawsed234 lied to us!?

what specifically? sorry got a bit lost for some reason stopped getting notifications for the thread awa

is this the kamala punch animal scaling? also gotta post my big show/ultimate warrior calcs rq
Basically, but it's a different formula this time.

Btw, it's 19000, not 20000, just to clarify.

kinda looking Kamala's punch is actually more in theory rather than an actual thing that happened given his statement of being as strong as the largest animals known to man. Klol's for this instance is a bit odd given there isn't a guy being hit in our instance I might lean toward Qawsed234's method but I'd like to see Klol's view on this

kinda looking Kamala's punch is actually more in theory rather than an actual thing that happened given his statement of being as strong as the largest animals known to man. Klol's for this instance is a bit odd given there isn't a guy being hit in our instance I might lean toward Qawsed234's method but I'd like to see Klol's view on this
Agreed, but my opinion doesn't really hold any weight here.

oh yeah so would this method be inaccurate then? Qawsed234 lied to us!?
Seems like he got his fist area wildly off. Fist area is a lot smaller than 0.043 m^2. Now I'm not making any suggestions because I'm a thin, malnourished guy (Even though I have decently sized hands), but even I doubt it gets that enormously big, that'd have to make the hand fist imprint area at least 20x20 cm which only works if you're named Sultan Kosen or better yet, Robert Wadlow.

Seems like he got his fist area wildly off. Fist area is a lot smaller than 0.043 m^2. Now I'm not making any suggestions because I'm a thin, malnourished guy (Even though I have decently sized hands), but even I doubt it gets that enormously big, that'd have to make the hand fist imprint area at least 20x20 cm which only works if you're named Sultan Kosen or better yet, Robert Wadlow.
I mean, I looked up the area of a fist and got .043 m^2

How did they measure it?

Because we need the frontal impact area of the fist, not the entire goddamn hand and all its sides. Just the front part where you see the fingers.

We want the area of this:
vintage-human-fist-punch_153969-16.jpg

How did they measure it?

Because we need the frontal impact area of the fist, not the entire goddamn hand and all its sides. Just the front part where you see the fingers.

We want the area of this:
vintage-human-fist-punch_153969-16.jpg
Try measuring Big Show's fist:

big_show_punch_wwe_e1442966357997.jpg

Death Battle be like: Scaling his fists to the nearby buildings…
"Scaling his fists to the nearby buildings, as well as calculating the size of an average fist, we can estimate that Big Show can punch with a force of 5 tons of TNT:geek:"

Is there anything else we should cover?

This is totally not me bumping this thread in the most discreet way possible...

Back