• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing a Book - tiering

So I am writing a book... and it occurred to me to ask this.

The Infinite Paradox Machine is a device that is a constant in space-time. It exists in the past, present, and future of all realities.

It connects the user to alternate versions of themselves in the 'multiverse'. Making them one with each other... the composite version with only one mind in true control.

Essentially it will be the connecting force between my books, each which exist in a different universe.

So hypothetically... what would the tier be for such a machine?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That sounds more like Acausality type 3, more than tier.
Hmm interesting. So is there no way to then tier such a machine? Or what about the user of it?

The one thing I forgot to add about it is this: It can take many forms, shapes, and names... but it would always be the same so to speak.

It sounds like you want it to be a higher dimensional object, so just make it one though keep in mind your verses' universal structure.That's what I would do, but I'm not experienced with this stuff so eeh.

Yes, tier for such a thing is impossible to give, since it's more of a hax.

The shape-shifting would depend what the "same" refers to as, but depending what kind of multiverse you have it can be pretty high in tier.

For exemple, infinite world theory (one world for every possible outcome) the character would have an at least 9-C version, and versions with access to weapons.

It's not that I want it to be Higher-Dimensional.

It's more like I want it to be a constant, if that makes any sense... that no matter what happens... it shall always be there.

Like a beacon in the night sky.

Should light itself be extinguished... that it shall still pave a way of light to all those who seek it.

I want it to be that one object in the world of reality... that makes no sense whatsoever. That is laughs in the face of reality.

Hence the name... Infinite Paradox Machine, by the worlds that are ruled by science and not magic or reliegion.

Oh, then your object accomplishes that goal but it wouldn't be high up in tier since it's more of a hax type thing.

Well when I write the book... I'll let the guys on here decide the tier and all that. It's kind of hard for an author to be unbiased lol.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dienomite22 said:
Oh, then your object accomplishes that goal but it wouldn't be high up in tier since it's more of a hax type thing.
Just noticed your comment. Yeah I don't really want it to be all that high... I mean if they decide that it needs to be that, then great... but I'm fine with people just understanding what it is. And the best part is that I can easily shut down any arguments about how it works if people get too confused or misinformed.

Back