• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wow, another One Punch Man CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does. Speaking of which, neither Bang nor Garou have at leasts, so I'm removing them from DS.

And he severely wounded Garou with one hit while holding back, which should definitely warrant an ‘At least.’

He'd need to be 3-5.5 times stronger than Bang to have an at least rating. Bomb could somewhat hold his own against Pre-Awakening Garou, and Bang is demonstrably not too far in overall power.

He'd need to be 3-5.5 times stronger than Bang to have an at least rating
That’s just not what an ‘At least’ rating is. Quoted directly from the Attack Potency page, an ‘At least’ rating “should be used to denote the lower cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate.” There is no specific numerical value needed.

I thought we'd changed that from another thread.

So what exactly does that even mean, sorry?

Edit: I'll just put it back in. The way we're using "at least" on this wiki right now seems super arbitrary.

He could tank Post Orochi Garou's onslaught without a scratch. His durability scales massively above his own AP as stated by himself. That's easily warrant ''At least'' rating.
I thought we do
I mean his durability scales to possibly 7-A+. Why did Bang scale to Post Molt EC btw? I vaguely remember that we had this discussion and decided to not scale anyone to Post Mol EC.

I mean his durability scales to possibly 7-A+. Why did Bang scale to Post Molt EC? I vaguely remember that we had this discussion and decided to not scale anyone to Post Mol EC.
Bang never used awakening breath on Darkshine. The decision is to not have everyone scale to Post-Molt EC. Bang scales to Post-Molt EC because he was confident enough that he could take one EC in this form

I thought we'd changed that from another thread.

So what exactly does that even mean, sorry?
You might be thinking of upscaling.

It basically means that an ‘At least’ is given if someone scales significantly above something, but there’s not like a quantifiable value to how superior they are.

To give an example here, Half-Monster Garou is a 7-B. Atomic Samurai and Flashy Flash are both stated to be capable of easily defeating him. As such, they are ‘At least 7-B’ because they scale significantly above Garou. Same with Darkshine. He can shatter Garou’s ribs with a tackle while holding back, meaning that his AP >> Garou’s durability. Hence, he would also be ‘At least 7-B.’

No, it was another thread made around the same time.

I get that, so I put it back in.

I think so. There was some "at least" stuff.

Anyway, is absolutely everything concluded?

Can't we at least scale his durability to Bang's because he has regards about his overwhelming durability? Such as his durability was stated to be number one in the hero world according to the databook. It is really weird that Bang in any way, shape or form could scale above Darkshine in durability. Bang clearly hasn't shown to be as durable as Darkshine, much less much more durable than him.

Can't we at least scale his durability to Bang's because he has regards about his overwhelming durability? Such as his durability was stated to be number one in the hero world according to the databook. It is really weird that Bang in any way, shape or form could scale above Darkshine in durability. Bang clearly hasn't shown to be as durable as Darkshine, much less much more durable than him.
Bang took attacks from pre-Awakening Garou, so he'd already be >> Darkshine.

Because Bang has never gone all out on Darkshine. He's only been shown to be casual on him. Plus the fact he only uses awakening breath in dire situations

Proof for Pre Awakening Garou being more durable than Darkshine? He took it and had a bleeding on his head.

Proof for DS being more durable than a version of Bang that we can't say anyone but Bomb knows about?

And DS was bleeding from the nose and mouth after getting hit by a weaker incarnation of Garou.

Or was that internal damage?

Proof for Pre Awakening Garou being more durable than Darkshine? He took it and had a bleeding on his head.
But is there proof Darkshine scales to either Pre awakening Garou or Awakening Breath Bang? Awakening Breath is reserved for dire situations. Why would Bang use such a form in a Sparring Match?

Wait, I just thought of something that we didn’t do. Didn’t Asura make a new version of the High 7-C Genos calc that we haven’t applied yet?

Wait, I just thought of something that we didn’t do. Didn’t Asura make a new version of the High 7-C Genos calc that we haven’t applied yet?
Yeah I was gonna apply it but wiki isn't working for me. So someone else has to do it

But is there proof Darkshine scales to either Pre awakening Garou or Awakening Breath Bang? Awakening Breath is reserved for dire situations. Why would Bang use such a form in a Sparring Match?
Garou hasn't used CFDSF on Bang yet, so there's no dura negation there. Plus Bang has only taken one single significant strike from Garou so far, and that was being thrown into the ground. I personally believe Darkshine's durability to be higher than Bang's, but I understand if our scaling doesn't work that way. We can only say that Darkshine's durability scales considerably above his AP and give a "possibly higher" rating

Garou hasn't used CFDSF on Bang yet, so there's no dura negation there. Plus Bang has only taken one single significant strike from Garou so far, and that was being thrown into the ground. I personally believe Darkshine's durability to be higher than Bang's, but I understand if our scaling doesn't work that way. We can only say that Darkshine's durability scales considerably above his AP and give a "possibly higher" rating
That's not the case. Possibly 7-A scales to AB Bang. PA Garou scales to AB Bang. There has to be proof that Darkshine's durability scales to Bang at his absolute peak and not a casual one.

That's not the case. Possibly 7-A scales to AB Bang. PA Garou scales to AB Bang. There has to be proof that Darkshine's durability scales to Bang at his absolute peak and not a casual one.
I need to write clearer because I'm not communicating properly, I basically wrote exactly what you've written now- Bang scales unquantifiably above Darkshine's AP with Awakening Breath + Garou's evolution, therefore we cannot scale Darkshine's durability above Bang's until we get more direct confirmation.

Where we differ is that I narratively think it's ridiculous that Bang would be not only be more durable than Darkshine, but entire tiers more durable than Darkshine. Darkshine and Bang were stated to be the two pillars of the hero world in the Garou fight by the narrator, a statement that doesn't make any sense when Bang far outstrips Darkshine in all categories, including durability. Plus, it's weird that AB would super-amp Bang's durability, since it's just a technique that brings out the best in a fighter.

But that logic contradicts our scaling. Let me make a proposition to you:
Darkshine's AP: "at least 7-B"
Darkshine's durability: "at least 7-B, likely higher"

Since Garou has limited durability neg with CFDSF, it would explain how he could hurt a stonewall while still having comparable AP. I bet if current Garou used CFDSF on Bang he'd turn Bang into jelly with the shockwave properties of the technique.

Technically on the 7-B side of things and if we ditch all ratings and go purely with scaling for a second, Bang isn't even higher than Darkshine at all. It's only that Bang has more proof that he scales to possibly 7-A+ than darkshine does

We can't really even say anyone knows about Awakened Bang, right now (barring a hand full of people, ofc).

But possibly "possibly higher" seems fine.
Since Garou has limited durability neg with CFDSF, it would explain how he could hurt a stonewall while still having comparable AP. I bet if current Garou used CFDSF on Bang he'd turn Bang into jelly with the shockwave properties of the technique.
The only comparable opponent we've seen it used on is DS.

Then, I guess you can close this thread now as I believe it served its purpose. It is still open because I suddenly brought the Darkshine stuff. We should go to this CRT and discuss Garou's P&A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back