• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Users Of Every Power

It's also unclear if Spamton's doing it out of obligation or such.

I'm not clear on if it advances his mercy meter or something, but supposedly Spamton is trying to set up some kind of agreement/arrangement with Kris, which is how the fight normally ends non-violently.
So the HealDeal part might be used as part of Social Influencing.... But still requires Kris to go along with it, & Spamton can advance his dialogue/goals in that battle without healing Kris, too.
Nah, the F1 heal should be the one that gets the list. Not only is it only activated under highly specific conditions but it's not something Spamton has any control over. Even in the Snowgrave Route where he backstabs you and fully intends on killing you it's possible to hit F1 in order to heal yourself, plus it comes with no cost meaning if Spamton Neo fights a proper 4th Wall Breaker (which he does do) then his own healing ability screws him over

all 4 of them that wouldn't be harmed. 3 of which having healing abilities that are much more reliable then getting a potion.
Uh, what do you mean 4? The only one who takes damage from them is Shalltear because of her being undead from what I know. Albedo, Demiurge, Cocytus, Aura, Mare, Victim, and (presumably) Gargantua would all have them work fine. There's also Sebas in consideration since he's relevant enough to count

Uh, what do you mean 4? The only one who takes damage from them is Shalltear because of her being undead from what I know. Albedo, Demiurge, Cocytus, Aura, Mare, Victim, and (presumably) Gargantua would all have them work fine. There's also Sebas in consideration since he's relevant enough to count
Albedo and Demiurge would be harmed by the holy element, Victim is like 9-B, Gargantua can't drink and is mindless, and all three of Aura and Mare(Mare has healing abilities) and Sebas can heal.

all 4 of them that wouldn't be harmed. 3 of which having healing abilities that are much more reliable then getting a potion.
I suppose, but still plausible allies, even if he wouldn't always call on them.
Also why is the 9-A hamster in consideration here that thing is actually worthless in a real fight where Ainz would actually consider whipping out a potion
Fair.
Also I was speaking about on his own in a fight
FWIW, Ainz can at least choose, if & when he uses his Potions, as well as what info he gives about them.
He could bluff that they're something else. Heck, he has actually impersonated a non-undead adventurer, to which end that'd be useful.

In terms of contender contention, Spamton doesn't have all those luxuries, since although he does tell Kris about the F1 to Heal, suggesting a choice in that -Despite his themes about lacking freedom- & HealDeal gives info about it in his commands, & their use is up to opponents of him. Helping your opponent is often just as bad as harming yourself, especially if it means helping multiple opponents.
Nah, the F1 heal should be the one that gets the list. Not only is it only activated under highly specific conditions but it's not something Spamton has any control over. Even in the Snowgrave Route where he backstabs you and fully intends on killing you it's possible to hit F1 in order to heal yourself, plus it comes with no cost meaning if Spamton Neo fights a proper 4th Wall Breaker (which he does do) then his own healing ability screws him over
Fair, but the Angel/Cherub thing implies the Angel/Cherub has to make contact to heal the opponent.
In theory a drawback in extreme cases like if Spamton somehow tricked an undead physically present 4th wall breaker into using it & they only learned it was a heal after, meaning they had to avoid the heal. But I type this knowing it's a laughable "drawback" in most cases.

Anyway, this thread seems to consider ALL uses of the Power/Ability the character has. If they have anything that uses it well in any way, then they don't qualify.

For example, Shedinja probably doesn't qualify for worst Life Manipulation user because, besides the Game Mechanics argument against 1 HP Final Gambit where Shedinja faints itself to deal 1 damage, Shedinja can also use Life Manipulation via Absorb &/or Leech Life, & maybe other stuff.

So when you say "Nah, the F1 heal should be the one that gets the list.", note that we have to consider both HealDeal AND the F1 Heal, so are you saying that HealDeal is not bad enough that it disqualifies Spamton as being listed for Worst User of Healing, DESPITE the F1 Heal?

Albedo and Demiurge would be harmed by the holy element, Victim is like 9-B, Gargantua can't drink and is mindless, and all three of Aura and Mare(Mare has healing abilities) and Sebas can heal.
Are all of his Healing potions ALSO Holy?
Can they be applied to Gargantua such as by pouring onto him?
Redundant healing is still useful, in the event it gets nullified or they're incapacitated/unconscious, in the cases of Aura, Mare & Sebas.

Albedo and Demiurge would be harmed by the holy element
Potions aren't holy. In Overlord healing works via positive energy which Undead lack and instead function on negative energy. To my knowledge there's never been any form of mention of potions having any negative effects on any creatures other than undead specifically due to the fact Undead are fundamentally against it by nature

Never been stated or confirmed, as far as I know that's only been speculatory at best with the closest form of it in-universe is the simple fact that Red Potions are considered "God's Blood" (due to it coming from Player characters who have all the cool stuff)

Theoretically they should work, the only reason I am unsure of it is because he's specifically not a NPC but was considered part of the game system itself being a prize Ainz won. So the theoretical part is primarily just "We don't know what rules he needs to follow or is exempt from"

Potions aren't holy. In Overlord healing works via positive energy which Undead lack and instead function on negative energy. To my knowledge there's never been any form of mention of potions having any negative effects on any creatures other than undead specifically due to the fact Undead are fundamentally against it by nature
Yeah and Demons/Devils are also harmed, the specifics don't really matter(Largely because my original point was in combat, if you want to bring others into this then Mare exists and he's a LOT more reliable than a potion)
Redundant healing is still useful, in the event it gets nullified or they're incapacitated/unconscious, in the cases of Aura, Mare & Sebas.
As ol' detective said, basically, Yeah.

Gartantua is ******' weird so we don't know.

Then let's ask this:

Does Ainz have any Healing that ISN'T his Healing Potions, that won't always harm him?
Healing can be used to do good deeds, such as to put up a good face for his alter ego, Momonga. Or Social Influencing. "Do X & I'll heal you."
Heck, Life Draining stuff might qualify as Healing.

Again, IIRC, this list's qualifications requires ALL forms of the Power/Ability the character has to be bad, with sufficiently not bad applications disqualifying them.

Does Ainz have any Healing that ISN'T his Healing Potions, that won't always harm him?
He has a few means of this, his Negative Energy Touch allows him to restore his health via lifesteal damage but requires physical contact with added benefit of reducing the stats of those inflicted, he has Greater Lethal which heals him greatly though it needs a specific item which needs to take an equipment slot + can't be enhanced for greater healing effects, Ray of Negating Energy which normally deals damage but can heal Undead, and theoretically Negative Burst due to that also dealing Negative Energy

Healing can be used to do good deeds, such as to put up a good face for his alter ego, Momonga. Or Social Influencing. "Do X & I'll heal you."
Momonga is his real name, Momon is the alter ego but yeah the adventurer does have use for them. Hell he accidentally bribed a girl with one not knowing the value of it in the New World.

He has a few means of this, his Negative Energy Touch allows him to restore his health via lifesteal damage but requires physical contact with added benefit of reducing the stats of those inflicted, he has Greater Lethal which heals him greatly though it needs a specific item which needs to take an equipment slot + can't be enhanced for greater healing effects, Ray of Negating Energy which normally deals damage but can heal Undead, and theoretically Negative Burst due to that also dealing Negative Energy

Momonga is his real name, Momon is the alter ego but yeah the adventurer does have use for them. Hell he accidentally bribed a girl with one not knowing the value of it in the New World.
My bad on the naming thing, then. But yeah, Ainz/Momon/Momonga definitely has uses for Healing, so I'd say he isn't the worst user of it.

Back