• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay

ArbitraryNumbers said:
@Paulo

What kind of freaking high school does she go to
You don't watch much preteen girls shows, do you?

That ***** tame compared to some stuff i've seen.

Oh, that... urgh... Yeah happens a lot. "Bahamut Fury travels FTL" "That's just travel speed not combat speed! They at best dodge bullets!" - "Cloud and the party dodged whirlwinds and tornadoes in the Northern Crater" - "That's just gameplay it doesn't count!" - "In FFVII the magic allows for a lot of different spells" "Those are just game mechanics! / Casting time makes them useless! / Cloud and Sephiroth never use magic in cutscenes they won't use it in a real fight!" - "Supernova" "It's an illusion!/It's a mind attack!/It's just gameplay!" - "The party survived the weapon destroying a town" - "The robot just made a hole and they fell in!"

It goes on and on.

Like you say, the Vergil vs Sephy Death Battle just fanned the flames, but all you hear around is how Vergil would speedblitz Sephy and one shot with a cut. Even if you go with Vergil being faster, apparently hax, skill, strength and durability have no meaning, especially many accept Sephy is stronger and more durable. And they never give an estimate of speed or anything, just assume he's faster because how his fighting style looks.

Wait, why would bees be MFTL?

And lol SSB Goku is baseline wall level, high-end with his best kaioken. Goku after zenkais at the tournament becomes small building level at base, building level at ssjb and large building level with 20x or omen. Omen is nowhere stronger than ssjb20x, it's just its power without side effects like god ki's mystic form, a bit stronger with adrenaline boost at best. Mastered UI is city block level but just baseline. Toriyama retconned a lot of stuff during super and showed no stronger feats after that (justification).

Won't mention a name, but a former calc group member hear used to say a lot of things; almost every video game character has at best Athletic human speed, Thor was Wall level and Subsonic combat speed, Street Fighter characters don't even reach normal human speed because Hadoukens are slower than the civilians in the background. Also, same person implied Superman and Wonder Woman were Subsonic in combat speed because WW struggles to dodge bullets and javelins and that Superman got, "Blitzed by Batman."

Lmao Zack still dodged [1] one of Fury's attacks in a cutscence so hes still really fast even if you go by the "muh travel speed" argument

I once saw a guy that thought that Azathoth (yes, THE Azathoth, from Cthulhu Mythos) was only High 3-A because his only feat was existing outside of the universe.

Granted, this was only said by one person who really didn't know much about Cthulhu Mythos and no one else has ever said anything like this to me but I've legit never heard anything worse than that.

CM was like the only verse where I picked up on it transcending concepts such as dimensions, or even higher dimensional stuff in general before this site. It's pretty cleat, though someone who's not read the books probably wouldn't be aware of that. Then again, I missed stuff like the infinite dimensions existing in that verse just because I don't read series for the first time with the intent of looking for vs debating feats so eh.

inb4 3-A/1-A godzilla

Beerus is planet level because shaking the universe is unquantifiable and his biggest feat was planet busting.

SSGSS Goku is Small City level because Sorbet's laser only broke through a tiny bit of a small mountain so Base Goku is only Town Level

I also like how existence erasure is apparently cheating, but 2-B shapeshifting is not

Back