• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay

I remember the days when people theorized that the Alicorns were cosmic beings with domain over celestial forces like the Sun and the Moon.

Good times.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
For Kaguya, it literally is an illusion. For Mundas and Anankos, they were considered outliers. But yeah, now we got plenty of characters who scale to pocket reality feats.
Actually, it's not an outlier for Anankos, his only feats are flying through a roof and the KE of things being dragged into the other dimension

It's just that nobody ever said "Anankos created the dimension", so it got rejected

If it was stated, he'd definitely be 4-A, unless we accept a certain statement about that dimension from Heirs of Fate

Honestly I think the biggest problem with how Luna and Celestia were treated, and to a lesser extent, MLP as a whole, is we got to know to much about them and everything else. We know a lot about their childhood, teenage years, young adult life, their relationships and romances and even a bit of mythos about them.

They grew as characters, which made them seem far less mysterious as godlike figures. Celestia is just a monarch with cool powers now. She's not as interesting in the mythological sense, but she's still an interesting character for the most part.

I mentioned it to Ever but what I think made MLP so cool at first was how vague and mysterious everything was. We had a vague idea of how so much of this cool, fantasy stuff work and what happened in the past, but we never got a clear picture. Now, nearly 200 episodes and nearly 2,000 (seriously...) comics later, we have a fleshed out timeline, lots of lore, the backstories of basically everyone in Ponyville and beyond explored, well-detailed maps and geography of Equestria. We learned why Luna fell to darkness, how she fell, what she did on the moon, how she came back. We even got a backstory on why she has a pet Opossum now. Two backstories on that actually.

We know to much, which lessons the intrigue and mystery the show used to have.

Isn't there a fuckton of AU Fanfics where Celestia is literally a God-Empress and worshipped in Equestria as such because that's the impression fans got from her initially?

Season 1 fanfics are the best, man. Everything had to be assumed since no concrete lore was established. So many involved cool monsters, artifacts, societies, etc that were all written in to explain why some stuff is the way it is. I remember an AU where they explained that Spike was partly raised by an organizations of unicorns who deliver special documents through magic, which is why he can transport stuff.

And yes. God Empress Luna and to a lesser extent, Celestia were really popular in the early years. Once Chrysalis was introduced, the hype tended to die down.

I just realized that rat destorying the Wall is actually extremely consistent since there are multiple quest were rats dig through peoples walls and multiple feet of rock and dirt to get into people's houses, so TES rats are nearly as strong as a freaking elephant.

LoL is street level at best as the verse is featless

The 15+ tier 7 feats in the verse for the low tiers are all wrong and wanked

There's no "inconsistency". That notion began a year ago by that Shazam guy when no one was knowledgeable/cared about the verse's page. (It really shows with the state the pages were in) And i guess people viewed the guy as knowledgeable and started repeating what he says like parrots.

The Everlasting said:
There's one where Celestia is literally the God-Emperor of Mankind.
I stress that this word very much applies here. As in, "Celestia" is just a guise for the Emperor in Equestria's universe.

Self Love said:
^ I was speaking in general. Your good bro
I would just give a kudos so you know I understand, but it's still broken on mobile and yeah TES was extremely downplayed for a while

It's funny because the guy claims that too

"Yukari created Gensokyo, which exists on a separate reality, therefore Yukari is reality level and that's more impressive than even multiverse level"

Like I swear that's his actual argument

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named complained about our UT ratings on KnowYourMeme too. The replies were, as expected, were along the lines of "who the hell cares?"

Darkanine said:
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named complained about our UT ratings on KnowYourMeme too. The replies were, as expected, were along the lines of "who the hell cares?"
High 2-A Giygas when?

I can't wait to hear what his argument for that is, probably something like "he's infinitely superior to Ness".

I also saw the dude in a the comments section of a VSB hate journal post on DeviantArt, all like "Oh VSB with their JoJo and Undertale bias".

So many people salty about our rankings for fictional freaking characters. Just imagine how they handle politics.

"Everyone in fiction is consistenly wall to building level"

Darkanine said:
Link that shit, boy.

I thought Giygas was High 1-A; he's got a lot in common with This Guy. Though, the latter is Tier 0, but Giygas can't be that if he's stomped by The Player. LOL

One thing I never understood is how th guys from G+ think Bill is 12-D, but think Mr Mxy being Infinite-D is wank, even though both arguments use the exact same logic; seriously, this one legit confuses me.

I remember a G+ post that said a guy was Low 2-C because he's described as "the root of the world".

We can't use calcs because fiction

It's fiction so it only makes sense when it's convenient doesn't have to make sense

Back