• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay 2

I think his arguments were that Buu was damaged by bullets (the DB reasoning, he's a big DB defender) and 'simple ki blasts'. That was pretty much his only argument.

I think fights which have the U.S army vs any other army usually results in either a wank for the U.S army or a severe downplay for the other army.

Abu2411 said:
I think fights which have the U.S army vs any other army usually results in either a wank for the U.S army or a severe downplay for the other army.
Fictional US army is not that all bad.

And US armed forces in the real world really shine above most other armed forces for other administrative regions.

And for some weird reasons I have made an attempt to wank Azula and downplay Blaze:

Blaze scales to Sonic whose best feat yields only ~877.81 ton TNT. Wanking him to equal to Metal Sonic would yield only 220 kilotons of TNT maximum. And it is proven Classic Sonic is not even subsonic. Even if he is faster than sound, the game Sonic Unleashed records his speed, and he can reach a maximum around 3,500, uh, SPD, uh, hypersonic. Scaling Blaze to Wisps yields a better result, Mach 200.

Azula scales to Zuko as she trades blows with Zuko multiple times. Zuko trades blows with Aang and scales to him. Aang scales to Korra, whose most impressive feat yields 3.6004-20.5627 mega tons of TNT. She also tags Zuko who redirects lightning - an MHS feat.

Adding one: Darkrai VS Michael Myers is actually fair.

I mean people have said the IRL US Army could kill a Warp Daemon so...

Or that IRL Marines could take out MCU Hulk.

PsychoWarper said:

An ordinary kid can talk a Godzilla to surrender (the lizard that could take down a combined force of The Avengers and X-Men and Fantastic Four. Yes I looked it up.) Taking down just one MCU Hulk is not that hard. And we are not even told to take him at his strongest.

Jasonsith said:
PsychoWarper said:

An ordinary kid can talk a Godzilla to surrender (the lizard that could take down a combined force of The Avengers and X-Men and Fantastic Four. Yes I looked it up.) Taking down just one MCU Hulk is not that hard. And we are not even told to take him at his strongest.
MCU high tier characters are extremely inconsistent with their power lvls. Actually by Stark's calculation in Endgame Hulk is at max large building lvl in durability ( power to light up continent is 16000 000 000 000+ Joules so like 4006 ton of TNT bomb explosion it is ). Disney writers always have talent to emphasize how weak are MCU characters.

Not downplaying but just saying how statements sounds ( remember this is 'omniscient' Tony Stark, supposedly ( stated, by butthurt Iron Mantards ) smarter than Shuri [ despite Feige and Russo brothers stated multiple times T'challa's teenage sister is smarter ] )

The Russo brothers and Feige say Cpt Marvel is the strongest character and IW Thor and Wanda says hi.

Put Shuri out of a room full of resources, while deadly injured and kidnapped. If she comes with something better than what Tony did I'll concede. Until then, she's smart but mostly benefitted by her enviroment.

Either the US military is wanked or a lot of things are heavily downplayed. I've seen so many "real world vs <insert obvious world destroying monstrosity here> Threads" and people are like "the military has secret weapons that could be used to defeat that". Once again probably more wank of nukes and our military than downplay but it dips into downplay territory often. Like Warhammer 40,000 vs The Real World: real life wins, somehow.

Especially confusing when it comes to USA vs <futuristic sci-fi setting> because, like, these guys have space travel. They've inhabited entire planets. You think they can't deal with nukes? Or snipe from space? don't even get me started on the secret Area 51 project arguments either, because I refuse to believe that most of our presidents would be smart enough not to keep their mouths shut about it if they actually existed.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I've heard people say Dan Phantom isn't even City level which doesn't make any sense since even if you don't except his current scaling he still is vastly superior to Princess Dorathea and Vortex. Said people also said Dan gets bodied by Superman (DC Extended Universe)...
When Danny Phantom vs Jake Long can be seen as fair, Dan should get bodied by Superman (DC Extended Universe).

And one admirable versus debater actually says Darkrai vs Michael Myers is fair. Like even if we downplay the Pokemon to Pikachu (Anime) or Sceptile tier it is still way above Michael's reach.

@Jasonsith

Who the hell would think Darkrai vs Michael Myers is a fair fight?... Actually that doesn't surprise me.

Literally everybody who is in a video game is 10-C because they only exist inside the game data.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Another infamous one is people downplaying Tengu Shredder's 5-A feat because he often fights without destroying the building he's i.
Ah, classic argument!. People think Destructive Capacity is everything. If this was the case, we got a lot of wrong profiles.

Another classic argument is ignoring the fact that Ki Control is a thing. So it's especially Dragon Ball were AP Vs DC is important. But not the only one as Precision Strikes is a general category and even verses other than Dragon Ball have it.

Andytrenom said:
Unrelated, but there's a question I have in mind. Does anime tend to be more blatant about how Superhuman their " normal human" characters are than comics and other media?
Masaru Daimo is a 14 years old kid who can keep up with beings who trascend space-time and causality in addition to being able to one-shot 9D beings with just his punches. Yeah, "normal human" indeed.

81C421EF-73E1-4E2A-9003-C29D0569F580
Whenever I bring up Post Magicant Ness being 4D, my friend looks at me weird and accuses me of wanking. He always uses the argument of them being fictional and all and that dimensionality means nothing because in the end, they are all just 2D and therefore Everything else is just irrelevant to the case.

Bill is 11-A, even in his physical form/at full power.

Someone actually used this argument to justify a win against Bill on a YouTube video.

Back