• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay 2

Tbf I fell like 4D post magnicant Ness isn't really correct myself.

It's also co tradicted by how he's quite clearly not at that state of existence foe the rest of the game, but I just may or may not make a thread about it depending if i remember and after reading what he linked.

That's Al pretty wonky given the ramifications of being truly omnipresent across space-time but again, I'll just make a thread on my own if I feel like presing thr isdue because phones suck on the forums.

The Wright Way said:
Darth Caedus and Yoda are all power but no skill, so they'd lose to Darth Vader.
I thought Anakin fans are smart enough to say "Darth Caedus and Yoda are all skill but lacking in firepower, so they'd lose to Darth Vader".

Unoriginal Memes said:
Jackythejack said:
https://youtu.be/3zSNYzIJC54

This video in general is downplay for castlevania
Why does 90% of the comments section agree that Jonathan stomps?
Because most people think that The Belmonts are not even stronger than Buffy Summers.

Worse still, they think most of the universal+ weapons and armors are specifically universal+ against unholy objects and vampires, while barely low superhuman against anyone else.

Yeah, Castlevania downplay is quite common and BS because not many people know about the in depth lore.

SMT downplay is also quite annoying. I've seen even some knowledgeable people in SMT lore say stuff like 4D SMT only starts with YHVH or that High-Level demons are at best Planet Level when even shitty early game bosses can create and manage their own time-spaces.

Yeah, a lot of people don't know that World doesn't exclusively mean planet, but has also meant universe. At the same time, it can also mean stuff less than planetary or even things more than universal. And it can also mean stuff in between.

But yeah, there's far too many "Multiple degrees of higher infinities" that are explained in SMT.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, a lot of people don't know that World doesn't exclusively mean planet, but has also meant universe. At the same time, it can also mean stuff less than planetary or even things more than universal. And it can also mean stuff in between.
But yeah, there's far too many "Multiple degrees of higher infinities" that are explained in SMT.
The concepts of "multiple degrees of higher infinities" of dimensions and space-time continuums is being played around too often with different fiction works normies just equalise the different degrees among different verses and focus more on "visible" feats.

Like "Ichigo Kurosaki" was called a 4-D or above character. Also, Madara Uchiha was said to have limbo clones "from another dimension".

I know a spanish forum that has versus section and I've seen some of the worst downplay in history. I should re-visit it to laugh a bit and see what I can bring to you.

Madara's "Another dimension" statement simply just means from a pocket reality; noth the actual transcendent dimension or Brane Cosmology. And Bleach's example did imply spatial dimension, but it's an obvious hyperbole. And even Spatial dimension =/= Brane Cosmology dimension anymore.

Shin Megami Tensui on the other hand has a lot more elaborate and complex statements that justify the High 2-A and above stuff.

I still remember how in the Mega Man Battle Royale ScrewAttack tried to scale Classic to Sunstar destroying the Wily Star, but they simply assumed it had the same size as the Death Star and it ended up being lower than Classic's other feats.

For a site that hates us and basically everything we do they sure do talk about us alot and alot of threads seem to devolve into VSBW bashing, if their so much better then why not just ignore us and not bring us up?

But anyway to each their own I guess

The Wright Way said:
Don't we kinda do the same thing in threads like these?
Yes cause we are all im a hypocrite, plus I wouldnt say any one site is specifically better then another since its just personal preference.

BlackPAIN99 said:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/yog-sothoth-cthulhu-mythos-vs-reinhard-heydrich-di-2009817/
Well, everyone knows that Gilgamash is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yog-Sothoth.

HSlw2gp
only in CV, you see shit like that.

Andytrenom said:
Yeah we honestly have no right to complain about "not ignoring other sites" in this thread
While you are definitely right we don't generally have normal verses threads that devolve into bashing of other sites but as I said you are correct.

Ok while I wouldnt say any single one is superior between VSBW, CV, SB and Reddit since its all personal opinions/preferences I will say they are all superior to the Youtube verses debating, my biggest issues are that most people on Youtube comment section dont really give any sort of feats or real back up to their claims, simply call you a wanker or downplayer if you disagree and ignore the feats/statements people actually post.

in my opinion VSBW is not perfect at all but is the best vs site that we debators have, while we dont have perfect profiles they are constantly reviewed and renewed depending on new data recieved from the many users of this site. our profiles and website are also in my opinion the most organised out of all the other websites. CV, SB and Reddit are just like us, not perfect but they are trying to make comprensive tierings of thier characters but my issue with them is thier tiering is inconsistent and there is not much uniform monitor over thier tierings and the difference in power between characters, they are far too unorganized but, what makes you like either of the 4 websites is your personal prefernce with VSBW in terms of visitors and "popularity" coming out intop followed by the others which doesnt necesarcilly mean its the best but its shown its prefered by most.

My little issue is that Youtube audience sometimes yell over some correct verdict as a wank or downplay when their more favourite character is stated to be inferior against a less favourite character.

As if people are flaming over Ben Tennyson (Original) losing to Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Pre-Crisis) so hard it took over Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z) losing to Superman (Post-Crisis) in negative view ratio... And they are mostly fine when Johnny Cage is downplayed to 9-A at base and 8-A at Inner Power against Captain Falco who is wanked to 8-B at base and up to 7-B with Might Reactor.

Yeah, I did not like the way Johnny was downplayed. But what they should have said was his hidden power only awakens when a loved on is in danger rather than "It's exclusive against the gods"

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, I did not like the way Johnny was downplayed. But what they should have said was his hidden power only awakens when a loved on is in danger rather than "It's exclusive against the gods"
What I mean is: Sometimes, some people neglect,
accept,
or even embrace
a downplay/wank or an incorrect explanation...
when their more favorite character wins
in a versus debate thread or versus debate show.

The opposite when their more favorite character loses.

@Andytrenom Yeah, we do not bash other sites, we focus on facts - wanks and downplays in any site (including our own).

Back