• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay 2

Ricsi-viragosi

All MCU, CW, DCEU, Fox lvl guys ( i mean heroes only ) have a lot of unrealistic metahuman lvl feats.

Yesterday i have rewatched Black Panther movie and for instance Okoye or Shuri on their own have a lot of metahuman lvl stats ( not mentioning teenage girl Shuri is smarter genius than Tony Stark )

About CW White Canary can trade blows with robotic samurai or overgirl ( who at massive lowball should be 6-A ) or Malcolm Merlyn one shoted Fire Storm and was overpowering white canary. Or Alex Danvers can take punch from metallo straight into face and is fine or some humans can take Kara's heatvision which already can one shot black star alloy material ( black hole resisting one )/stalemat Reign's heatvision which can one shot Mon-El, Alura and Samantha Arias (Reignless) or Central city humans can withstand planck temperature or true absolute zero.

All CW humans are milion times more powerful than real world humans. Not mentioning Diggle can h2h dominators who can take blows from Supergirl or Citizen Steel. Or Oliver Queen can for hours withstand breathing methane while losing blood quickly

Andytrenom said:
Civilians withstanding plank temperature or absolute zero is just shitty writing in all honesty.
Those are CW shows. What do u expect from them ? S4 Flash travels MTFL+++ , next day struggles to catch motorbike

Exactly what you showed in your example, inconsistencies and plot BS

It doesn't stop me from enjoying the shows but when indexing it, theses types of things have to be discarded

Andytrenom

But same with DCEU and MCU humans.

MCU Tony Stark casually without pain ( sure fatally weakened ) could talk to Pepper Potts after snap. Same snap/Gauntlet exposure which made Hulk passing out creating 3rd degree of burn via gamma ray outburst etc. Or any human can take ( without bleeding or bruses ) pissed off Thanos strikes or Widow taking Hulk's strikes or Thor feels pain when Raccon slaps him etc.

Only live action superhero univere most real life accurate in street lvl tiers is DCU ( Doom Patrol/TITANS ) currently but probably will change in one year

I should point that the current rating of Arrowverse humans makes them literally thousands of times stronger than the strongest people to have ever lived in this world.

No one's denying that they are ridiculously beyond real world humans but they still have limits within the fiction itself, and those limits are very clearly below what some of the feats they've performed are so we must accept those feats as outliers.

Andytrenom said:
I should point that the current rating of Arrowverse humans makes them literally thousands of times stronger than the strongest people to have ever lived in this world.
No one's denying that they are ridiculously beyond real world humans but they still have limits within the fiction itself, and those limits are very clearly below what some of the feats they've performed are so we must accept those feats as outliers.
U know always when i watch every movie/show/animation or read novel or comicbook etc. I always try to find logical explanation why this happens.

So as i said i do not care about Thor or Sentry or Superman because they are walking plot devices but like Batman kicking Spectre was result of Spectre allowing himself/asking to be kicked specially decreasing durability oh host. I think CW humans are that strong on Earth-1 if they have so much those metahuman/demigod lvl feats.

In comicbooks tons of "street tier' characters have such feats. Like New 52 Green Arrow dodging light speed attacks casually etc. etc. etc.

Andytrenom

I overally hate word "Outlier".

Because this is sth like bound to plot, sth like 4th wall breaking sth beyong logical statements of authors. I always try to find logical explanation when any character has low showings. MCU Thor has such low showings because Feige confirmed Thor is as powerful as angry he is ( As Thor compared himself to Hulk like we are both about anger ). In endgame and beside IW movies he was soft because wasn't really that emotionally powerful. Same with Hulk. 2008 was seriously a beast if gets pissed of more when was being mopped by Blonsky then Hulk was angry enough to easily overpower him. But in next mcu movies he was extremely soft. MCU Wanda is powerfulgoddess ( I believe more powerful than Captain Marvel ) but extremely inept with her power usage. Cap Marvel could easily beat Thanos but shocked what thanos was doing and got K.O.ed by power stone.

I just hate moments when character has low showings compares to majority of showings and no explanation/characters as powerful as plot demands them to be

Outlier's obviously exist for a reason, but it's the common context in which they're used is what's often poor. Having only one feat or a feat far above every other feat doesn't make it an outlier. It's more so the context of each and every feat that determines whether or not it is.

If someone destroys cities casually and is capable of destroying the whole planet, then I'd say they're a legit planet buster.

If they're constantly struggling against city level characters but suddenly harm a planet level character, especially if the planet level character then starts stomping them, then yes, that's an outlier.

Or if said planet level character was simply toying with them is another indicator.

DEATH BATTLE! said:
Scaling to Donkey Kong's moon punch makes Mario comparable to Dark Gaia, whom Super Sonic could not defeat without aid.
They calculated that feat at >3 gigatons.

Unless they recalced it since then, but we'll never know.

I heard of 10-C Sonic because he gets killed by water. And there's also LordXcano who calculated Sonic to be 10 m/s similar to the Game Theory video.

Have you heard this before, "Asriel can only destroy the timeline of the underground"?

Don't remember the exact statement but I don't feel like digging it up

3 gigatons vs 7.2 yottatons (not to mention this was performed by a weakened Dark Gaia that collapsed under its own weight).

Totally comparable.

Death Battle though overall downplayed both of them.

Donkey Kong's feat is technically 7.92 Teratons. But he also has a High 4-C key that would technically be his more canon key.

Yeah, but they especificaly used the moon punch feat to compare him to Dark Gaia, not Yoshi's nor Mario scaling which is where the 4-C feat comes from

And the 3 gigatons is what Death Battle had calculated the feat as, even though it's 6-B

High 4-C comes from a bunch of feats, and then there's a few 4-A feats like one example is from Yoshi's Story.

They also mentioned Wario's durability in that same annotation, let me check what durability they gave him.

Alright, I am not arguing about the accuracy of 4-C Mario, only that they especificaly said that DK's 6-B feat was stronger or equal to Dark Gaia 5-A feat which is wrong

Yeah, Wario's feat in his games are low-5-B which is still weaker than weakened Dark Gaia 5-A feat

Both feats that Death Battle used are weaker than Dark Gaia's feat

That many tons of TNT would be 5-B; baseline for 5-B is 59.44 Sextillion Tons or 59.44 Zettatons. Although, need to point out Tons of force =/= Tons of TNT. But if it says the latter, it's legit.

While working on the attempt to get a submission ready for Puzzle and Dragons profiles, I decided to kill some time and wank the series jokingly with a friend. I joked that "Puzzle and Dragons crossed over with Dragon Ball up to the Buu Saga, so the verse scales to Buu."

His response? "That's not even good wank, Buu is Building Smasher at best."

He wasn't joking to counter my wank either, he was dead serious and started talking about how much of a 'let down' Buu is and why the whole Buu Saga somehow powered down everyone to Tiers 9 and 8? Somehow?

I have my own headcanon where Infinite Zamasu is High 6-A due to him wipping the Earth's surface.

Back