• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worms tier revision

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Pretty straightforward, the Worms are assumed to be human sized but I don't think they should.
In all games, even the most recent ones, the worms are shown to be much smaller than little animals and objects, even smaller than some real worms.
They should be 10-C instead, because even their strongest weapons (aside from the nuclear test) can at most ruin a terrain structure that is still very small if compared to a real person.
Their lifting strength and durability go down as well.
Speaking of durability, their town possibly city level should be removed because the nuclear explosion always happens off screen (In Worms 3D can be seen in the background)

I may be missing something, but even the strongest weapon can at most destroy the battlefield in mutliple hits, when a human could easily demolish with a slap, given the size of the thing.
I mean, the worms are smaller than a rubber duck and animals like crabs and rats. Even the objects scattered in the battlefield are unnaturally small, despite still being way bigger than the worms and being able to withstand some hits from the explosives.

They aren't quite that small, we see what can be assumed to be actual correctly sized objects in worms maps all the time, a single slap isn't gonna destroy a map or whatnot. Worms may not be capable of destroy large amounts of anything, but fragmentation of say, a girder at this scale likely wont stay in 10-C.

You'd only need to destroy 1 cubic centimetre of Steel to get into 10-A, something the worms are very likely capable of with weapons.
But eh, we'd have to actually calc some stuff.

In the background we see animals and objects that are far bigger than the worms, though.
It depends on what we consider real sized, with either the objects on the map being very small or the background and its elements being giant.

Personally, I'm leaning towards considering the background with animals and other stuff as being real sized

I might look into calcing some stuff in the future then, just to be sure.
Even scaling to the background stuff tho, some materials could still get the Worms into minorly higher tiers, it'd be like 9-C at absolute most but it still seems noteworthy enough to look at.

You may be actually right, since some maps are made of rock and metal, so even destroying them on a small scale could give decent results.
It's a bit difficult to decide the size of the worms, but I guess we can somewhat try to scale them to the rats, crabs or rubber ducks that are in Revolution and Clan Wars.

Thank you, these shots might be useful as a reference in the future, even though I wouldn't be surprised with the sizes being inconsistent or just difficult to measure due to the perspective (The first is supposed to be a human skull, I guess)

Bump

Also, for the moment I guess that a "10-C, possibly higher with stronger weapons" should be fine. The Nuclear Bomb is its own thing and stays like it is now, except that the worms don't scale to it in durability.

Bump

Also, for the moment I guess that a "10-C, possibly higher with stronger weapons" should be fine. The Nuclear Bomb is its own thing and stays like it is now, except that the worms don't scale to it in durability.
I mean, with it's size, shouldn't it be proportianally weaker?

It's weird, because it doesn't explode on the battlefield, it doesn't even deal direct damage.
The atomic bomb (or Indian Nuclear Test) basically detonates in the background, causing the water level to suddenly rise and all Worms are poisoned as an effect of the spreading radiations. In Worms 3D we even see a mushroom cloud.
Although it is debatable if it can be totally comparable to a real bomb, it does a big explosion and generates a large earthquake-like thing the reaches the battlefield from the background, so the potential damage is still very high, even if it isn't used for direct combat.

I admit that I rushed the things, a couple of calcs should be useful, but I can't take care of them atm, apologies.
I guess that for the moment we either apply the "10-C likely higher" or we suspend the topic until future.

I admit that I rushed the things, a couple of calcs should be useful, but I can't take care of them atm, apologies.
I guess that for the moment we either apply the "10-C likely higher" or we suspend the topic until future.
Let's suspend it for some time.

I'll try and get some calcs out when I get some time, then we can continue this.
I'm a little busy recently but I'll make a note for it.

Can anyone think of anything specific that comes to mind for a Calc? I'll be doing any notable explosives like Bazookas, Holy Hand Grenades, and more, probably on Girders and stuff. Is there any other notable weapons that might yield something?

Back