• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worm CRT: Some profile cleanups and misc additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apeironaxim

He/Him
Myrddin

Summary of changes:
  • Adding justifications for his abilities
  • Removing Gravity Manip. I could not find anything that would be gravity manip, so I assume one of his existing abilities got mistaken as gravity manip at point.
  • Updating his Tier, SS, LS, Speed, and Dura. There's not really much evidence for him to scale to 9-C physically, so he gets 10-A (except for LS, since apparently Athletic human LS requires someone to lift the weight of a mature lion), so his Tier changes from "High 8-C" to "10-A, up to High 8-C with his power"

Lung

Summary of changes:
  • Adding and changing some justifications on both P&A and AP/Dura type stuff. Notably a new calc for his base AP.
  • Changed Reactive Evolution to Accelerated Development (Battle; Physical Statistics, Abilities). Lung isn't gaining new powers nor resistances in response to threats, his power just improves on his existing base attributes, that being additional strength, durability, senses, regeneration, and control over fire. The only genuinely new "power" he gets is Flight, which is just from the fact he transforms into a dragon and gains wings.
  • Added Self Sustenance (Type 1)
  • Added Plasma manip
  • Added Large Size (Type 0)
  • Changed immunity to fire to resistance. He's seemingly immune to his own fire and heat sure, but he gets affected by Sundancer's sun, even while at the point he'd be High 8-C, so it's clearly just a high resistance to fire/heat
  • LS gets upgraded to Likely Class 10 due to wrestling and fighting Rachel's dogs early in his transformation

Rachel

Summary of changes:
  • Added Enhanced Senses and Supernatural Willpower (For her dogs specifically)
  • Added Resistance to Empathetic Manip, Electricity, Body Control, and Power Null (For her dogs specifically)
  • Her dogs scale in AP and Dura to Lung's previously mentioned calc, as they can take hits from him
  • Her dogs get "up to Subsonic travel speed"
  • Class 10 LS for dogs
  • Rachel gets 3 dogs + Bastard in her Standard Equipment, due to that amount of dogs being used for combat being a very common number
  • Optional Equipment section added, giving her the option of even more dogs
  • Added Superhuman level Stamina for dogs
  • Added some additional Weaknesses

Misc

Echidna smacks Weld, and he's seemingly fine. This would scale to Crawler's AP, giving him High 8-C, as he clawed Weld in half. However because there's a possibility of his immortality type 2 or regen helping him here, and we wouldn't know it because there's no visuals, one could also argue it works better as a Possibly or Likely rather than a straight rating. While I can see that angle, the fact there is no description of any injury, with it just saying he got smacked and "didn't even reel from the blow", I feel makes that interpretation less likely.

Saying whether you vote for a Possibly/Likely or straight rating would be much appreciated.
Grace and Tecton fell, and Weld dropped after them. He turned the blade of one hand into a scythe, then chopped a segment of Echidna’s foot free. With one motion of the scythe, he sent Tecton, Regent and some of the dogs skidding our way, sliding them on the vomit-slick floor like a hockey player might with a puck on ice.

Echidna deliberately dropped, belly-flopping onto Weld, Grace and the dismembered foot that had stepped on the sixth dog.

Miss Militia was already drawing together a rocket launcher. She fired a shot at the general location where Weld was. He forced his way free of the resulting wound a moment later, the dog tucked under one arm, Grace under the other.

Echidna swiped at him, but he hurled the others forward to safety a second before it connected. He was slammed into the wall, but he didn’t even reel from the blow. He made a dash for us.

Speaking of Crawler, he has Class 50 Lifting Strength currently via being stronger than Victoria, but Victoria is Class 25, so Crawler needs to follow suit.

Warrior Entity should have Large Size Type 6 (Stellar), due to him being too big to for Earth Bet while a ten-thousandth of a percent their original size. This is also supported by them "burning as hot as any star" through their sheer mass and scale
They have reached the solar system in question now. They brush up against one another, and the entity shores up its counterpart where it can, sacrificing its own shards in the process.

Acceptance. Gratitude.

The counterpart’s message is thin, but the entities are but a ten-thousandth of a percent of their original size.

[...]

Much of it is still too large for the target reality. It leaves that portion of itself behind, maintains a connection. A safeguard. The body it uses is but an extension, a tendril.

- Interlude 26
The entities burn as hot as any star, with their sheer mass, their scale, the power they wield. This is acceptable while traveling the void, when much of the body remains in a hibernation state.

- Interlude 26

Butcher's Pain manip says it's "so intense that it can cause cardiac arrest". However, this is only the case with the first Butcher, as it was his original power. Due to the nature of the power, subsequent Butcher's retain a weakened version of the power. As such, that justification should be removed and replaced with the fact it can incapacitate someone with pain, rather than induce cardiac arrest.
She lashed out, hit us with raw pain.

In the agony, the feeling of fire running through my veins, I toppled from Bentley’s back.

I’d anticipated this, or something like it, knew it was temporary. I could only grit my teeth and tell myself it was almost the best case scenario, even when it didn’t quite feel like it.

Due to Rachel's dogs getting "Superhuman, up to Subsonic travel speed", Mannequin would also get this rating due to being able to catch up to and outrun Rachel's dogs, with Superhuman reactions and combat speed of course
I’d consoled myself with the fact that we had a pair of massive, muscular steeds that could outpace any car you’d see on the street, and Mannequin was limited to his two legs. The thing was, somewhere around the point where he stopped trying to evade my tripwires and my bugs and picked up speed, when he really started moving, I realized he was actually faster than the dogs.

Optional Equipment section added, giving her the option of even more dogs
This reads like a sims patch note

Anyways I don't have any immediate objections to this, will probably read in more detail later

I would say Possibly or Likely for Weld mostly because it just feels weird for him to scale to Echidna but that’s just my opinion

Everything else seems good

I would say Possibly or Likely for Weld mostly because it just feels weird for him to scale to Echidna but that’s just my opinion

Everything else seems good
afaik it would just be his dura, but as i haven't read Ward idk if there's anything there that would make his AP scale too. Granted he doesn't have a profile so eh, it's just important for Crawler for now

He does actually tear through Echidna to get people out of her (since he is immune to her powers) but it's not really lasting damage and she's probably one of those types that takes a lot of wounds but just promptly regenerates them off

He does actually tear through Echidna to get people out of her (since he is immune to her powers) but it's not really lasting damage and she's probably one of those types that takes a lot of wounds but just promptly regenerates them off
i think i brought this up to Wok a while ago and Wok said Echidna seems to basically have split dura so people can specifically cut into her easier iirc, but High 8-C dura for most else

i think i brought this up to Wok a while ago and Wok said Echidna seems to basically have split dura so people can specifically cut into her easier iirc, but High 8-C dura for most else
In her restlessness, unable to shake the idea that her sanity was slipping away moment by moment, she pushed her way through the last length of the rubble, absorbing it into herself and spitting it out behind her, moving through it as though she were a thick fluid; even her bones dissolved when needed. The only thing that slowed her down were the capes she’d stored within herself. Each of the three Undersiders, the tinker, and the girl in white. She used her strength to wedge gaps sufficient to squeeze the individual organs through.
I believe this was what caused a pause, as Echidna's body can be more fluidy at times whenever she chooses, so it's possible Weld was hitting those points, and maybe also Echidna just doesn't handle super sharp stuff well. If Weld ever gets a profile it could be argued more to determine his rating. But today is not that day

Weld is also one of the strongest capes out there so it isn't that weird imo. Straight rating is fine by me.

All else is good.

I'd probably do likely on the weld thing given how he gets flat out crushed by leviathan who isn't supposed to be that much stronger than echidna if at all, other stuff is fine

I'd probably do likely on the weld thing given how he gets flat out crushed by leviathan who isn't supposed to be that much stronger than echidna if at all, other stuff is fine
Weld is tagged on the chapters he's in during the Leviathan fight, and I don't see any instance where he gets utterly ****** up
The boy with the metal skin formed one hand into an oversized blade, as long as he was tall, managed a solid hit at Leviathan’s injured knee as the Endbringer whirled around to face Flechette.

Leviathan slapped the teenage hero down, swiped at one of my swarm-people, then was forced down onto all fours as Purity struck him square between the shoulderblades with a column of light. A metal shelving unit shot from the interior of a store, Ballistic’s power, I was almost positive, and made Leviathan stumble back.

We had the upper hand, but that wasn’t necessarily a good thing. More than once, in the past hour alone, the Endbringer had demonstrated that any time the fight was going against him, he’d pull out all the stops and do something large scale. A tidal wave or tearing up the streets.

We did not have what it took to withstand another wave. No forcefields, no barriers.

I had one of my gathered swarms explode into a mass of flying insects as they got close enough to Leviathan, make their way against the drenching rain to rise up to Leviathan’s face. Many clustered in the recessed eye sockets that looked like tears or cracks in his hard scaled exterior. Others crawled into the wounds other capes had made.

Briefly blinded, he shook his head ponderously, using his afterimage and one swipe of his claw to clear his vision. He scampered back as his sight was obscured yet again by one of Grue’s blasts.

He lunged forward, stumbling into and out the other side of the cloud of darkness. A swipe of his tail batted the metal-skinned boy away. Another strike dispatched Brandish, who was moving in to attack with a pair of axes that looked as though they were made from lightning.

- Extermination 8.5
In the chapters of Extermination he's tagged in, this is the only instance I could find of Weld directly confronting Leviathan, and there's no description of injury, just him getting slapped down and batted away, hitting him with the same effectiveness as Echidna was shown to. As such, I disagree with "Likely" being the better option.

Last edited:
Due to it looking like there won't be any more responses despite a week passing, with those opposing straight High 8-C Crawler being disproven from what i could find, 2 other knowledgeable members agreeing with High 8-C, and permission from Wok off-site, I will begin applying this CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back