• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

World of Warcraft Discussion Thread: For suffering!

Guess this applies to Akama, Kaelthas, Vashj, Tyrande, Malfurion and cenarius by upscaling from the latter 2.
Akama also got his ass kicked

Kael never 1 on 1'd Illidan

Vashj didn't either

Tyrande's scaling is garbage

Malfy varies

Cenarius scales below a guy Archimonde snapped the neck of. Guess who Illidan is comparable to

Kael never 1 on 1'd Illidan

Vashj didn't either
Didn't they manage to take down Maiev when she had captured Illidan in the outlands?
Tyrande's scaling is garbage
Fair enough.
Malfy varies
He is at least superior to Maiev, His entangling roots incapped her back in the ruins of dalaran.
Cenarius scales below a guy Archimonde snapped the neck of. Guess who Illidan is comparable to
Archimonde snapped who's neck?

Didn't they manage to take down Maiev when she had captured Illidan in the outlands?

Fair enough.

He is at least superior to Maiev, His entangling roots incapped her back in the ruins of dalaran.

Archimonde snapped who's neck?
Wasn't exactly an even fight, since they brought an army and themselves and Maiev was alone if I'm not wrong

Indeed

Once again, Malfurion varies. Scaling to him is shaky at best

Malorne

Malfurion should likely have a varies rating since he is all over the place. since what he does from getting oneshot by a 7-A, to taking on 6-As.

for Tyrande's normal form i think at best she upscales from sylvanas.

Malfurion should likely have a varies rating since he is all over the place. since what he does from getting oneshot by a 7-A, to taking on 6-As.

for Tyrande's normal form i think at best she upscales from sylvanas.
Yeah, though Saurfang admittedly is well beyond what you'd call a normal 7-A

Why?

fair.

From what i remember but Tyranda was noted to be a big threat to sylvanas in the war of the thrones. and after i typed that i remembered she was able to help in the fight with nightmare Ysera.

fair.

From what i remember but Tyranda was noted to be a big threat to sylvanas in the war of the thrones. and after i typed that i remembered she was able to help in the fight with nightmare Ysera.
Okay, I guess.

I'd be very iffy about scaling to Nightmare Ysera because of Adventurer scaling

According to Warcraft 3. Not exactly.

He's cenarius's father yes? But that doesn't mean Cenarius would be below him in power after ten thousand years.
Post the Mish please

Malorne has better feats then any other wild god by a few Void whales

That's a lot of Blood elves and Naga for a 3v1 op.
There were a lot of night elves as well. It was a tug of war. Also the pandaren that was present was merely a bonus thing when you complete the tower defense mission. It doesn't appear in the canon mission.
Malorne wasn't exactly helpless against Archimonde and, by a landslide, performed better then Ursol, Ursoc, Aviana, Cenarius, and Agamaggan.
Didn't he just charge in and get his neck snapped?

There were a lot of night elves as well. It was a tug of war. Also the pandaren that was present was merely a bonus thing when you complete the tower defense mission. It doesn't appear in the canon mission.

Didn't he just charge in and get his neck snapped?
Which were largely wiped out before Maiev was even engaged

No he actually broke free from Archimonde's magical restraints and fought him solidly for a bit before Archimonde managed to grab the moose by the horns and perform "Demon surgery" on Malorne

Evidence is required
Literal basic strategy, plus Maiev doesn't have very many night elves around her in the mission, so it was her and a patrol of night elves versus an army of Blood elves and Naga being led by Kael'Thas, Lady Vashj, and Akama, so yeah, no shit she got her ass whooped, she was MASSIVELY outmanned by the time she was even engaged

Literal basic strategy, plus Maiev doesn't have very many night elves around her in the mission, so it was her and a patrol of night elves versus an army of Blood elves and Naga being led by Kael'Thas, Lady Vashj, and Akama, so yeah, no shit she got her ass whooped, she was MASSIVELY outmanned by the time she was even engaged
I look at 0:56 and see MANY Night Elf structures and the Draenei weren't even involved in the rescue mission. I counted one huntress hall, At least 8 moon wells, a single tree of eternity, 17 ancient protectors, one ancient of wonders, 3 ancients of war , 3 ancients of wild and at least one ancient of talon...that is far more than what one would call a..."patrol of night elves". You might be well versed in the warcraft lore but goddamn your warcraft 3 knowledge is caught lacking.

I look at 0:56 and see MANY Night Elf structures and the Draenei weren't even involved in the rescue mission. I counted one huntress hall, At least 8 moon wells, a single tree of eternity, 17 ancient protectors, one ancient of wonders, 3 ancients of war , 3 ancients of wild and at least one ancient of talon...that is far more than what one would call a..."patrol of night elves". You might be well versed in the warcraft lore but goddamn your warcraft 3 knowledge is caught lacking.
Oh wow, shit that Does not matter

If you dragged your gaze to where bitching for 10000 years actually is when shes fighting, you'd see that, yes, she is backed up by only a patrol In the actual fights. She's never backed up by more then two giants(Not even ancients), and that was one occurrence.

And when she did bring an army(Literally one time BTW), she was forced out of that fight quick fast and in a hurry, so even when backed up by more then 10 folks max, she's still getting overwhelmed by the sheer number of enemies

I'd be very iffy about scaling to Nightmare Ysera because of Adventurer scaling
Yeah I am trying to see if i can find anything else for her and from what i could find was her onshoting tarrorgruads in the Well of eternity dungeon. she seems to have had a short fight with Thura in stormrage. everything else seems to be a team fight with Malfurion. and the night warrior powers are all over the place in terms of scaling being weaker than Nathanos in BFA, to being old god level to stronger than Jailor empowered Sylvanas in shadowlands. Though it looks like Shadowlands claims she still has the powers just it is are not killing her anymore.

Yeah I am trying to see if i can find anything else for her and from what i could find was her onshoting tarrorgruads in the Well of eternity dungeon. she seems to have had a short fight with Thura in stormrage. everything else seems to be a team fight with Malfurion. and the night warrior powers are all over the place in terms of scaling being weaker than Nathanos in BFA, to being old god level to stronger than Jailor empowered Sylvanas in shadowlands. Though it looks like Shadowlands claims she still has the powers just it is are not killing her anymore.
Seems good, sans Nathanos being her better in Stats, he was outright amped at the time, and we saw what happens when he doesn't have those amps backing him up, if you need a reminder...

He got effortlessly curbstomped and he only lived long enough to tell Tyrande where TF Sylvanas ****** off too.

And Shadowlands would be its own key, as with Thrall, Jaina... really anyone Notable who actually did shit beyond exist(Hi Baine) having Low 1-C keys

Oh wow, shit that Does not matter

If you dragged your gaze to where bitching for 10000 years actually is when shes fighting, you'd see that, yes, she is backed up by only a patrol In the actual fights. She's never backed up by more then two giants(Not even ancients), and that was one occurrence.
You look through the video and you tell me if wave after wave of night elves come knocking on the door of the blood elves.
And when she did bring an army(Literally one time BTW), she was forced out of that fight quick fast and in a hurry, so even when backed up by more then 10 folks max, she's still getting overwhelmed by the sheer number of enemies
Let's just not give her the 5-B rating.

You look through the video and you tell me if wave after wave of night elves come knocking on the door of the blood elves.

Let's just not give her the 5-B rating.
And you look through the video and tell me how many times Maiev bitches her way to the front lines and gets immediately forced out, I counted 4, personally

It wouldn't be solid, it'd just be an "At Most" rating, like I gave to Alt Grom

Seems good, sans Nathanos being her better in Stats, he was outright amped at the time, and we saw what happens when he doesn't have those amps backing him up, if you need a reminder...

He got effortlessly curbstomped and he only lived long enough to tell Tyrande where TF Sylvanas ****** off too.

And Shadowlands would be its own key, as with Thrall, Jaina... really anyone Notable who actually did shit beyond exist(Hi Baine) having Low 1-C keys

oh right i think i was remembering the PTR version where he was not amped. also how high into low 1-C will they be going? (Also Baine was the smartest character is shadowlands and did not get involved)

oh right i think i was remembering the PTR version where he was not amped. also how high into low 1-C will they be going? (Also Baine was the smartest character is shadowlands and did not get involved)
Don't know, Cosmology isn't figured out

And you look through the video and tell me how many times Maiev bitches her way to the front lines and gets immediately forced out, I counted 4, personally
Don't even use that as a good argument. That's ONLY because game mechanics were at play and the player was controlling both of these douches along with mercenary bought from camps.

Also, putting Kil'jaeden as the one being comparable to Illidan is wrong as heck. He was pissing himself when Kil'jaeden came knocking at his door during the final cutscene of the blood elf campaign.
It wouldn't be solid, it'd just be an "At Most" rating, like I gave to Alt Grom
She still required her army to capture Illidan in the outland so her scaling would be just as shaky as malfurion.

There was that one night elf mission where Kaelthas is first introduced in warcraft 3 where she implied than she and Tyrande couldn't hold their own against an army of undead. Not some undead hero or anything. I mean literal cannon fodder. Look at the dialogue present near the end:

Last edited:
Don't even use that as a good argument. That's ONLY because game mechanics were at play and the player was controlling both of these douches along with mercenary bought from camps.

There was that one night elf mission where Kaelthas is first introduced in warcraft 3 where she implied than she and Tyrande couldn't hold their own against an army of undead. Not some undead hero or anything. I mean literal cannon fodder. Look at the dialogue present near the end:

It's Warcraft 3. Game Mechanics are a part of it and you can't avoid them.

Cool, Warcraft 3 had a different idea of powerscaling in general. Nazgrim soloed undead groups a **** ton in WotLK
Wait really?
Yeah, he kinda stood around and got captured twice more

Cool, Warcraft 3 had a different idea of powerscaling in general. Nazgrim soloed undead groups a **** ton in WotLK
Who is this nazgrim?

Also, Game Mechanics might apply to gameplay BUT that logic doesn't apply to the cutscenes and cinematics. For example a blade master actually oneshots a foot soldier, Illidan instakilling Maiev's squad with the eye of sargares, Guldan oneshots his own warlock, Varimathrias kills garithos with a single gesture of meteor shower, Arthas oneshots Mal'ganis, Archimonde oneshots his fellguard, Inferno golem oneshots an orc grunt and foot soldier, a non-fel Grom oneshots Mannoroth, Arthas oneshots Illidan, Kelthuazad's undead minions pulverizes Sylvanas' banshees. Arthas oneshots Sylvanas' and turns her into a banshee.
Yeah, he kinda stood around and got captured twice more
Damn

Who is this nazgrim?

Also, Game Mechanics might apply to gameplay BUT that logic doesn't apply to the cutscenes and cinematics. For example a blade master actually oneshots a foot soldier, Illidan instakilling Maiev's squad with the eye of sargares, Guldan oneshots his own warlock, Varimathrias kills garithos with a single gesture of meteor shower, Arthas oneshots Mal'ganis, Archimonde oneshots his fellguard, Inferno golem oneshots an orc grunt and foot soldier, a non-fel Grom oneshots Mannoroth, Arthas oneshots Illidan, Kelthuazad's undead minions pulverizes Sylvanas' banshees. Arthas oneshots Sylvanas' and turns her into a banshee.

Damn
General Nazgrim, really good character

We do, but those are cutscenes.

Also, Arthas rise of the lich king changes the Illidan fight a lot and Illidan put Arthas onto his knees in one spell.

Frostmourne is also 5-B flat for a reason.

I see

Cutscenes, are practically the only things that we consider as a fact in Warcraft 3. If there is a cutscene. That means it really happened such Illidan fearing Kil'jaeden's wrath. Have there cutscenes or dialogue that suggests Maiev fighting Illidan one on one without outside help?
Indeed

I don't think so.

So which warcraft expansion was the worst?
I would say shadowlands. It was boring as hell. had a bunch of lore retcons one of them being that the jailor the big bad for this explanation was more or less behind everything in warcraft and did it since a cosmos undivided can stand up to the even bigger bad to come. Even though one of the in game books if i remember right states he sent his forces to make them divided in the first place. since it turns out the dreadlords were agents of the shadowlands all along. Or that every cosmic forms has there own version of the titans and it turns out they are all 3d printed by even bigger and stronger gods.

Gameplay wise if you were not into M+ and Raiding all their was to really do was grind anima to unlock expensive cosmetics, and upgrade your base so you can do more things to farm more anima. You also could pick one of 4 factions to join but each gave borrowed power. so if you wanted to be at your best you were locked into 1 of them and you would be punished for changing. So you either needed to take these punishments, or have to have a character in each faction to see the full explanation story. And do not even get me started on the maw which is the single worst zone WoW has.

I know, that axe is entirely why cosmology needs to be done.

And yes, it's Creation is a MASSIVE outlier for Cenarius and Malfy, don't even ask.
If that's an outlier then Broxigar's greatest achievement is also an outlier.
I would say shadowlands. It was boring as hell. had a bunch of lore retcons one of them being that the jailor the big bad for this explanation was more or less behind everything in warcraft and did it since a cosmos undivided can stand up to the even bigger bad to come. Even though one of the in game books if i remember right states he sent his forces to make them divided in the first place. since it turns out the dreadlords were agents of the shadowlands all along. Or that every cosmic forms has there own version of the titans and it turns out they are all 3d printed by even bigger and stronger gods.

Gameplay wise if you were not into M+ and Raiding all their was to really do was grind anima to unlock expensive cosmetics, and upgrade your base so you can do more things to farm more anima. You also could pick one of 4 factions to join but each gave borrowed power. so if you wanted to be at your best you were locked into 1 of them and you would be punished for changing. So you either needed to take these punishments, or have to have a character in each faction to see the full explanation story. And do not even get me started on the maw which is the single worst zone WoW has.
God dang.

Back