• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wordgirl vs Ender Dragon

7-C, speed is equalized, battle takes place in Fair City.

Win via death or K.O.

Wordgirl: 7 (Jackythejack, Christian Higdon, Stalker Maggot, Dusty Raider, LuciusIsMas, Spinoirr, GojiBoyForever)

Ender Drago: 2 (DeathstroketheHedgehog, Walker21232123)

Incon:

WordGirl Official Pic.PNG
Minecraft ender dragon

Ah, okay. Well, since it's resistant to ranged attacks Wordgirl is going to have some issues because her breath attack doesn't work. This is gonna go into a melee fight most likely. I can see Wordgirl taking this due to AP advantage and the fact that I don't think the enderdragon has dealt with a threat that can really fly before. Could be wrong

I vote for the Ender Dragon. It has an acid attack which could do a good bit of damage. Also don't you take damage by being close to the dragon?

Uh...do you? If that was the case it should be on the profile. I'm pretty sure it's just because the dragon rams into you.

I could be wrong but my point about it's acid still stands. Wordgirl has no resistance to acid. If the dragon lands a hit it could cripple her.

It does damage just like any other attack its just with...well acid. My memory is a bit fuzzy I remember it can fire acidballs. Its like any other attack. However acid is still acid and it would likely leave a painful burn.

Acid is still acid.

yes a projectile is still avoidable.

And a breath attack can be countered by Wordgirl's ow breath attack.

Also the profile states the acid only lasts for a few seconds.

It would be enough if the dragon uses it strategically. As for your point on the projectile being avoidable the same could be said for wordgirls attacks. If they end up get close enough to brawl it's acid will especially be effective since the room for dodging is significantly less than it would be at range.

Except it's likely animalistic in Intelligence and wouldn't be using anything strategically. Wordgirl is very smart and would realize after getting hit about once or twice, which wouldn't kill her, that she shouldn't do that. She can outmaneuver the dragon due to smaller size

and you didn't mention anything about my point of her countering it's breath attack with her own. If the acid is in the form of a liquid a breath attack should freeze it over comepltely.

While I agree with your point on the breath attacks countering each other, saying that the ender dragon is animalistic is a rather odd assumption. It's smart enough to use the ender crystals to it's advantage and like had some hand their creation, I doubt the enderman build them randomly(I know they aren't in here I'm just using them as an example) It should have at least above average intelligence and it is skilled enough to prove a challenge for steve.

I think the only reason why it's a challenge is because it's a massive dragon that runs at you and gets healed. The only thing dangerous about it are it's abilities. It doesn't really use the ender crystals as they sorta just fly around I don't think it's ever really implied he made them, as that implies he also made the giant obsidian towers as well, which sure don't seem right.

I meant it likely made the enderman create them. Why else would a bunch random pillars that heal the dragon just be there? Hell 2 of them protected by iron bars. Even if it was animalistic that would mean it still has good fighting instincts.

Because the ender crystals could simply be explained as "mystical objects that when the dragon gets closer it gets healed." You don't have to be a genius or anything to know that if something helps you out, you generally stick around it. That's basic instinctual nature.

Either way I don't think it's smart enough to out strategize wordgirl either way.

Likely more experienced than the dragon to be frank. It says she's a genius. I don't think the dragon's intelligence can compare as it hasn't shown much actual feats of higher thought.

Wait a second. Earlier you said that since the ender dragon resists ranged attacks which means that she likely wouldn't use her Breath attack at close range while the ender dragon would no qualms with using its acid breath at close range so my first point about the acid stands once again. Also considering the ender dragon is a fully grown dragon while Wordgirl is only 11 I doubt she's more experienced. Changing back to Ender Dragon.

Ender dragon has been in one canonical fight that we see. Unless you have something that can prove he has more battle experience than Wordgirl...he doesn't have more battle experience and she is more experienced. It still doesn't stop her abilities to make better battle strategies than an overgrown lizard who hasn't shown higher critics thinking and only seems to run on instinct.

A range attack up close to freeze the breath attack, not to harm the dragon. I'm not saying she'd use her breath attack to harm the dragon, I'm saying she'd use her breath attack to counter his own breath attack, which she can do because she also holds the AP advantage.

When does the Ender Dragon use its intangibility, how often is it intangible, & in-character/in canon events, does it use it in combat, especially for large periods of time?

Also, regarding the "who's more experienced" debate.... https://wordgirl.fandom.com/wiki/WordGirl#Age

According to the WordGirl Wiki, before episode 4b (Early season 1), she'd be about 9 years old, & by the end of an episode in season 3, she's 11.

The VAST majority of episodes have her doing Superhero stuff (Yes, she has a civillian identity, but the Superhero identity is the name & premise of the show.) so that's over a year of experience, dealing with a variety of supervillains & threats & crisises.

At the very least, she has more VARIED experience dealing with threats, a fair few of which are probably combat applicable. It might've been alive longer, but it's stated to be animalistic based off its experience, & it doesn't leave The End much, right?

That said, it's been years since I've seen the show, so not sure how credible I can be.

Going melee against the ED is a piss poor idea. The thing does it's 7-C feat by just flying around and existing

Well it attacks via flying around and existing. Ranged attacks can't hurt it and the thing sure doesn't evaporate anything that hits it automatically as Steve still survives, so it's not a terrible idea.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Going melee against the ED is a piss poor idea. The thing does it's 7-C feat by just flying around and existing
Pardon? Its AP justification is: (Can bulldoze through layers of diamond with ease. Can vaporize its own body's size worth of steel, which requires 25 Kilotons of TNT worth of energy)

Looking at the comments of the linked calc blog, the feat comes from the fact that "Everything it comes in contact with while ramming is instantly destroyed. This includes liquids, which there are no remains to be seen."

(Unrelatedly, it seems like Antvasima stated new evaluation was needed for the Ender Dragon's calc blog. Funny, considering, IIRC, Wordgirl's calc also needs redoing because of an inaccurate satellite height assumption; Her current statistics are from a Low End of a previous version of the calc that doesn't involve the satellite's height.)

ANYWAY....

The calc for the Ender Dragon ramming & presumedly vaporizing water & steel it flies through puts it at: 107,730,416,640,000 joules.

The Low End of Wordgirl's calc for stopping a meteor puts her at: 177,192,400,000,000 joules.

The accepted Low End of her feat is about 164.5% the yield of the Ender Dragon's feat. And considering its feat is from its ramming, which its profile even calls one of its Notable Attacks, I doubt it's that casual.

Besides that, she's more intelligent, & has over a year of experience as a superhero, a fair bit of which is combat applicable. As far as I've seen, she tends to be defensive, going for non-lethal or restraining approaches, or using thoughtful/peaceful solutions to the issues. (But, SBA does say that combatants are in-character, but willing to kill.)

The Ender Dragon's intelligence is Unknown, and given it only lives in The End & probably doesn't have very long lasting fights, if at all, in Minecraft's canon, I doubt it has that much experience.

Besides that, she has Class G Lifting Strength to its Class 25 Lifting Strength. Even if the Ender Dragon is peak Class 25 (Via scaling to Steve.) & she's minimum Class G, that's still a 40,000 times difference in Lifting Strength.

Supposing it isn't EXTRAORDINARILY heavy, Wordgirl, given an opportunity & the inclination, could ties its wings together in a knot, or slam its jaws shut, grab it by a claw & throw/pin it to the ground, or toss it into space.

(Supposing the more lethal applications of Lifting Strength aren't options. In part because she isn't bloodlusted, and because I'm not sure if its durability or unknown density or such might interfere. For comparison, you need about 101 tonnes of force to tear out a human spine. Wordgirl can exert around 28,390 or more times that much. 'course, this is irrelevant due to the unknown composition of the Ender Dragon & being an OoC tactic anyway.)

"Supposing it isn't EXTRAORDINARILY heavy, Wordgirl, given an opportunity & the inclination, could ties its wings together in a knot, or slam its jaws shut, grab it by a claw & throw/pin it to the ground, or toss it into space."

I'm going to point out here that first of all, intagibility negs this stuff as it uses it whenever it gets to a place where it can't move.

And second, doing this causes Wordgirl to take damage alot because the ED does it's feat by existing again.

Not voting though.

@Edwardtruong2006: Ahh. Thank you for the answering. I was under the impression its vaporization effect is only present when it's using its ramming attack, since the vaporization is mentioned as a part of that move, & nowhere else on its profile, unless you count the AP calc.

If it does apply this effect even while not moving, then it may need some rewriting, since said effect only appears to be listed as part of one of its ramming attacks.

I'm not a Minecraft expert. Do you have any links to videos about the Ender Dragon that may be informative from a Vs Debating standpoint?

(Unrelatedly, the only evidence I've noticed of its projectile immunity/reflection is that arrows catch fire & bounce off. Does it do the same for any other projectiles, if there are any?)

In any case, what happens if Wordgirl simply throws this destructive dragon into space? Supposing it decides to go intangible, what happens to an object with such momentum that becomes intangible? Can it even do so while being sent flying? Is it known how this ability affects momentum the ED is experiencing?

Also, is the intangible Ender Dragon able to interact with itself while intangible? For example, if its wings were tied in a knot while it's tangible, would its wings get freed of the knot by phasing through one another? How would it even react if unable to flap its wings?

Also, does it use its intangibility in combat (Outside of "ramming" through material) such as when under melee attack? For example, in Minecraft's gameplay, does the ED attempt to go intangible if Steve is swinging at it with a diamond sword or the like?

Also, it might go intangible if it becomes unable to move, but presumably, it can be caught off guard by sudden grabs or thrown before it realizes the situation & decides to become intangible

Steve has Non-Physical interaction. Intangibility is also part of the reasons for two of the three victories under its belt (aside from the Wither who can also harm intangible beings). But I'm not entirely sure if it's ALWAYS intangible or if it's only when it wants to be. The dragon can still harm Steve and other mobs by ramming into them, so I'm guessing it's the latter. Wordgirl is definitely capable of a sneak hit thanks to size, something both Smaug and Showa Godzilla lacked, as well as intelligence.

Back