• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Woody Woodpecker CRT: Putting together (almost) all versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Introduction

Hello, in this crt I will be trying to join some versions of Woody Woodpecker into a single profile. I will try to argue that these versions are the same character.

If this is accepted, possibly there will only be one profile of this character, as there is still the version of the "New" series and the version of the film, which I will not talk about in this crt because I have not yet gathered evidence.

But first, what would those versions be?

Well, Woody Woodpecker has three series.

Woody's current profile comprises three versions of the character. These three versions are from the same show, the first, "The Woody Woodpecker Show (1957–1997)". Because these versions are from the same series, I think it's undeniable that they are the same character.

What I'm going to try to do with this crt is to argue that Woddy's versions of The Woody Woodpecker Show (1957–1997) are the same character as the version Woody Woodpecker (2018–present).

So I don't keep repeating the long names, I'll do the following.

When I say the Original series, I will be talking about the The Woody Woodpecker Show (1957–1997).

And when I talk about the 2018 series, I will be talking about Woody Woodpecker (2018–present).

Arguments
Argument 1
Let's go with the first one, which is the most direct to the point.

In an episode of the 2018 series, Woody becomes muscular, so when he "deflates" to return to his normal form, he says "I have to go back to the original", and then he becomes the first version of him, the 1940, which belongs to the Original series.

He even says "Oops, wrong decade"

(The minutes are in the video link)

Argument 2
During the Time Warped episode of the 2018 series, Woody ends up traveling through time, and during these trips, he meets some of his fans.

But what would be interesting about these fans? It's just that they comment on old episodes.

They say things like "He's doing part x of episode x". More precisely, they comment on the episodes The Screwball (1943) and Red Riding Hoodlum (1957), which belong to the Original series.

Argument 2.5
Okay, why "2.5" you ask? Because it's just additional evidence for argument 2.

Does Argument 2 imply that the Woody Woodpecker series were TV shows, and that Woody was perhaps acting in them?

Well, watch the video below.

The minute you should watch is "00:00 to 1:10"

This episode is pretty meta to tell you the truth.

This could be an argument that any inconsistency this show has with the original could be because Woody was playing that show.

And of course, how could I forget. In the Original series, we even have an episode where Woody was a movie star, reinforcing this idea.

Votes
Agree: (3;2) @Dragonite007, @Rokim21, @LephyrTheRevanchist, @DarkDragonMedeus, @LordGriffin1000

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
This seems pretty well put together, at least as means of connecting Original with 2018.
But is there no other solid proof that New is in anyway connected to 2018? It takes itself in a more grounded manner, so I'm not sure we can really argue it's part of a this Original/2018 Composite Woody.

This seems pretty well put together, at least as means of connecting Original with 2018.
But is there no other solid proof that New is in anyway connected to 2018? It takes itself in a more grounded manner, so I'm not sure we can really argue it's part of a this Original/2018 Composite Woody.
As I said.

On this crt I am not dealing with the "New" version or the Movie version. We still haven't found enough evidence.

That crt is only dealing with the Original show and the 2018 Web version.

Mmm, seems fine to me if they directly reference and expand upon the og.

Not sure on about evidence 2.5 tho.
The 2.5 is just to reinforce the idea of him being a TV star. Since the 2018 series shows this, but someone could say "In the original is there an episode of him being shown as a TV star?"

So there's this 0.5 to show that yes, it does.

While we wait, what does 2018 offer to Woody in general? How big of an upgrade we are talking about.

Can you help me place it? I saw that you already have the png downloaded.

If you go, then let me know here so I can ask them to close.
Just that?

Just that?
I think so?

Do you think we should put a note in the profile saying that it was accepted on this crt that the Original and 2018 are the same character?

EDIT: In fact, I think that would be good. In fact, I think that would be good. I can put this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back