• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Joaco0902 said:
Now it's a Stomp no matter what...
Um, that would actually be wrong. Not only would Olimar have red pikmin, which has fire manip (something a fabric-shelled toy like Woody is typically weak to), but Olimar also has Ultra Bitter Spray on his side, which is capable of holding Woody in place for a few seconds.

Flashlight237 said:
Joaco0902 said:
Now it's a Stomp no matter what...
Um, that would actually be wrong. Not only would Olimar have red pikmin, which has fire manip (something a fabric-shelled toy like Woody is typically weak to), but Olimar also has Ultra Bitter Spray on his side, which is capable of holding Woody in place for a few seconds.
I know the red Pikmin are resistant to fire but since when could they manipulate it...?

But in gameplay I've never seen Olimar specifically command the red Pikmin to cough up fire. Though a similar thing happens in the short films when a white Pikmin sprays acid on the metal, so it's a possibility Olimar might use the fire tactic. It's just that, realistically, living organisms are known to be just as vulnerable to fire as a plush toy, and Olimar never uses fire against enemies like bulborbs, but then again, you see in game that such enemies are unaffected by walking through fire geysers. But given this is Olimar's experience, I highly doubt the fire manip would be an opening move against Woody.

Um, you do realize some of that can be PIS, right?

Also, I specified that Woody has a soft SHELL. Woody's a smart toy. Despite his plush exterior, there's a mechanical voice box inside Woody. How would I know? I used to own smart toys when I was a kid. There was a bouncing Tigger and three Tickle Me Sesame Street characters (Big Bird, Ernie, and Cookie Monster).

woody panics and kicks olimar across the room and he splats against a wall while woody is struggling to shake the pikmin crawling up his legs

Flashlight237 said:
Um, you do realize some of that can be PIS, right?
Also, I specified that Woody has a soft SHELL. Woody's a smart toy. Despite his plush exterior, there's a mechanical voice box inside Woody. How would I know? I used to own smart toys when I was a kid. There was a bouncing Tigger and three Tickle Me Sesame Street characters (Big Bird, Ernie, and Cookie Monster).
Actually,

Woody, while a smart toy, would get completely burned to the ground. Woody doesn't have an "endoskeleton" (For lack of a better term). He's just a regular plushie, but has his voice box inside his torso. So, if he catches fire, he will burn like any normal plushie, but his voice box would remain.

If hot enough, it might melt the wires inside the voice box. Hell, the pull string seems to be some sort of fabric string, which might carry the flames into the inside of the box.

Back