• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The "to an extent" part was referring to the fact that they'll eventually lose consciousness forever, not that they suddenly lose all abilities.

To make sure you got context:

It's also the case that, if a magical girl who didn't know the truth of the Soul Gems genuinely thought 'I'm dying, I'm dyyyiiing!', her Gem would almost immediately blacken. Also, a girl who's been reduced to just a Gem could use magic to gather information and substitute for her regular senses, but could eventually become unable to do so and lose her awareness.

Ah I see what you mean now. Although there it's only referring to gathering magic for the purposes of perception not combat.

" Also, a girl who's been reduced to just a Gem could use magic to gather information and substitute for her regular senses"

There's nothing there that implies "I'm going to be able to fight and use certain abilities as a gem." If anything it's just saying that the girls will be capable of gathering information of their surroundings via magic gathering instead of the normal human senses that the body provides.

@Schnee Told ya just to switch it to normal Sayaka

@Nico seems like a bit of a nitpick on trying to make it sound like the statement is only referring to sensory abilities, when it doesn't imply such a thing. Just that magical girls can use magic when they have been reduced to a soul gem, such as using their telepathy / extrasensory for information gathering / senses.

It's not really a nitpick when the only thing it's describing is sensory abilities. It doesn't mention or say anything else other than gathering magic.

At that point let's just see who else agrees with you or me because we'll just go in circles as that's the main point there.

It's the only one described because its the only relevant one there. We also know that the gem passively uses its immortality type 6 and releases general magic (Akira's Side Story), actively uses its fusionism if the wielder decides to (Twins from Kazumi), and would witch out even without despair, showing it still is actively using magic.

The first two yes, the second one kinda? One of the twins lacked their body, so one of them did do it without their body.

Also not that it matters, we already know the bodies are puppets and not the source of their magical power or something.

SomebodyData said:
For whose reasons? Mr.Bambu hasn't replied and Nico just switched lol.
I've mostly been ignoring this til I got a solid answer on what I'm actually debating with since everyone seemed to disagree on how to portray it.

No? You're the only one saying that there is a discrepancy. Everyone else has been trying to explain it to you. The only debate regarding the soul gem was between me and Nico, which has already ended.

According to WoG and Kazumi Magica, they could still use their magic (to a degree) while being body-less.
That, and most of her attacks are dependent on the puppet body. Except one. Sleep Manipulation (arguably energy projection, but she's used the sleep manip more than the latter). If Wolf forces her to resort to just be a soul gem, that would just be forcing her to use the one thing that takes him out entirely.
This was never discussed in this thread? At all? Fascinating, I will take note of the lack of discussion. Either way, continuing on from the non-discussion from above. Thank you for informing me.

This might be a strange point, but if he severs the connection, wouldn't the connection come back? Soul gems just need to be in proximity to regain connection in the PMMM verse whenever the connection is lost, what's the difference here?
Show me it happening when they had said connection manually destroyed. Otherwise, no, stab and dead. Furthermore, what does stop Wolf from just hitting the gem? The argument is purely "she has fewer options as a gem and thus will only use sleep manip" despite A. having other abilities and B. ostensibly having sleep manip as an Out of Character ability to use. Which you defend by point A but I argue that falls apart mid-combat when they are still trying to do other things like, say, use the body.

My vote stands.

First of all, your attitude should be tempered a bit. From the very beginning of the re-opening of the thread you've been condescending, and I'll be frank: From your response, its fairly obvious you given it answers your questions...

In context my two statements that you mentioned as disucssion (Which were my quotes too. Unless I was discussing with myself, I'm not sure why you're writing it off as a 'debate'.) She has abilities. She has attacks. Most of her attacks aren't a magical ability. They're sword slashes. I mean she has it listed under notable attacks and techniques section for context if you needed it and most of her P&A for this tab (which is small) heavily imply it at least.

Even Nico, who was on your side, linked her coming back after her connection was disrupted. That was a non-point from the get go. If you're not gonna check the page for context, then at least listen to people who are arguing on your behalf.

Never, my friend, will I not match a comment with one in kind. Your pettiness demands pettiness.

Ah, I see, I hadn't looked at her page and thought she was a 10-B, my apologies. Embarrassing on my behalf, of course. My point was that per your admission she has abilities not in fact tied to her swords- telepathy and so on.

Yes, but that isn't what I meant. She sent the gem away, she didn't literally cut the connection. So its irrelevant. Give me a rebuttal.

You will match my pettiness with your's? What's your first comment about then? If you intend to make 'drama', I could just ask another moderator here and see what's going on. No offense, but you need to probably get off the site and cool down, whatever is causing your behavior.

Yes, and the context was the relevancy, if it could be remotely used in the battle. And even then, how about actually fighting. Telepathy can be used by Sayaka in battle, but it wouldn't be used to fight, for example.

If you see the video, the connection was cut...

No? You're the only one saying that there is a discrepancy. Everyone else has been trying to explain it to you.
This was the petty comment I refer to since... well frankly it was just denying that any discussion was above. I shitposted with it by pointing out said discussion that never happened (wink wink nudge nudge) in the absolute most sarcastic manner humanly possible, a feat you then chose to call embarrassing on my behalf and claiming I didn't even look at the page lol. Go get a mod if you want, maybe they'll get the heavy-handed sarcasm?

No offense, but you need to probably get off the site and cool down, whatever is causing your behavior.
Thank you so much for your advice, dear sire, but... no? I get the feeling you're adding a lot of meaning to my words that aren't there.

If you see the video, the connection was cut...
I have clearly seen the video, I'm arguing the video with you, but sure, you can say the same thing again if that pleases you. Once again, all that happened was gem was taken out of range of the person. The connection wasn't cut, it was taken out of applicable radius. These are two different things. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

That's literally what happened. Anyone would look at the posts and see its people telling you how it works, not debating between one another. At worst, they just added on top of one another. Even Random's post mentions this.

If another staff member were to come here, I'm sure they'll see the same thing I'm seeing.

When the gem is taken out of 100 meters away from the body, the connection is cut. If you want to bring more context on how the blade is different than that, you can bring it, but that's how it works.

I don't really know what's going on here but I think the petty attitude and shitposting should be dropped or at least toned down; on both sides. I don't really care about the Vs Thread nor am I too familiar with these characters, but I think SD's votes seems to make more sense to me.

I... know what the point wouldn't even be funny if I pushed it more, so be it, sure. It doesn't matter.

one would hope they would see a bunch of posts trying to sus out how they saw the page and then one of said posts saying there was no discussion followed by sarcasm and taking said sarcasm as an equivalent to punting a puppy off a cliff, but I digress moving on, whatever

Okay, sure: the blade isn't a phone leaving a wifi area. It negates immortality, it doesn't displace it.

Are they? The link mentions something about purifying them to make them active again.

Yes, soul gems need purifying to not become witches. They're keeping the connection cut while trying to find a way to purify them.

I don't suppose there's another video format I could see to confirm this rather than taking you at your word?

Which scan in there proves that their Type 8 had to be constantly suppressed? I looked through all the images (including the rather uncomfortable one with the children in tubes) and saw nothing with anything more than like two words.

They don't have type 8 immortality, as the others have mentioned.

One of the scans (the one with the longest description) shows their bodies, the one to the right of it is a close up to the table that was shown between the two rows of the bodies, which has their soul gems.

Type 8 equivalent, you get what I mean. Yes, I understand the bodies are just puppets for the gems, etc etc context context. My current task is to understanding why the body cannot be severed from the gem connection wise, not destroying the gem proper.

I'm not sure how that scan is proof of anything and why I am being sent back to it considering that it's still bloody childre

If that visual showing of the soul gems being right next to them isn't enough, I could suggest a manga site to read it online, but I wouldn't have the exact chapter on me.

I would say an image of them in what appears to be cryostasis while next to their gems isn't enough to prove that they are immune to having their connections tied, no.

SomebodyData said:
It's that they reconnect, not that they are immune.
Rendering them effectively immune, yes.

SomebodyData said:
For whose reasons? Mr.Bambu hasn't replied and Nico just switched lol.
I'd like to point out that while I did end up agreeing I also did not say I was voting Sayaka. Wolf still has a very high advantage in skill and Sayaka's gem being located in her midsection means it's likely that he'll end up hitting it at some point.

I just don't want any misunderstandings. @Bambu

@Nico, ye, just brought you up to question the fra.

I'll be able to find a scan by tomorrow, in the meantime, @Bambu can you produce the scan that shows the Mortal Blade negates Immortality Type 2, 3, and 6?

> 2 and 3

These aren't really relevant, though. One just shows a character with regen (which the blade already negates) and the other is just resilience to bodily harm, which can vary in use but shouldn't matter if we're assuming the win condition is stabbing the gem.

> 6

Sure. Here's one thing, but to be absolutely fair, negging Type 6 Immortality is in fact on the profile.

Back