• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wolf (Sekiro) vs Hanzo (Overwatch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so their skill feats are statements of skills. Whereas Gyoubu seems to be single-handedly responsible for the slaughter of an equally powerful army (a single one of those Lone Swordsman people are literally a mini boss later in the game, their bodies litter his boss fight) through skill alone.

No, they're not statements of skills, they're all blatantly shown feats of skill in the comics, videos, and stories, I just had to summarize them because I'm at work and physically cannot go around gathering everything right now

There's not a single feat of skill in overwatch that isn't blatantly shown in a video or comic or written in a story

And none of said skill feats compare to Gyoubu, who was an early game enemy.

Of people specifically weaker than them. Just as an example, when they released the actually bastion-comparable bots on Reinhardt and his compatriot, things were essentially over and his compatriot died to take down a squadron. A compatriot with significantly more experience, too.

That is not the case for Gyoubu. As I've said, the enemies that are just slaughtered in his arena are actually a mini boss later in the game, after Gyoubu.

Nah when Hammond got added they scale to his 4.7 tons now I believe

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
And I still firmly believe that Wolf would ress as soon as Hanz turns his back and think he won, then stealth deathblow him.
Okay, let's be fair here. If we accept that Wolf can deathblow someone with a 4x AP/Durability advantage, than we can easily accept that Hanzo can one-shot with a well placed headshot. Of course, Wolf WILL resurrect, but still.

I've accepted that. It just doesn't matter.

One more for grace.

I know I can't vote because I'm the OP, but it's clear that both these characters have the potential to win. It's not a stomp either way. Hanzo would be an extremely tough boss battle for Wolf, just by sheer stats.

Very true, but surmountable. Honestly I think Genji would be cooler, if only because then it'd be an actual sword fight as opposed to Hanzo's bow, but still.

I honestly do feel like Hanzo deserves more votes though. 6-1 doesn't reflect how even I think this is.

@Mr. Bambu

I was contemplating with myself whether I should use Genji or Hanzo. I think I ultimately decided on Hanzo because I think Wolf looks a little bit like him, Hanzo has a wolf skin, and their personalities seem similar. And also, Hanzo has no battles to his name on this wiki.

But yeah, Genji is similar to Wolf too. Both use swords. Both utilize deflecting heavily. Genj is a cyborg, and Wolf is somewhat of a cyborg in a sense (prosthetic tool). Wolf can rez. Genji has a hot girlfriend (not really gf, bit it's hinted) that can rez people (obviously not combat applicable in this case, but the association is still there).

Dammit! Maybe I should have used Genji! Well we could always make another thread, but the outcome will probably be similar to this.

If anything, Hanzo has the advantage in AP.

But that's where it stops. They have comparable skill and experience, but Sekiro is just more versitile and has that broken immortality.

I mean a match can be incredibly equal and still have 7-0 votes.

And I think another Sekiro vs Overwatch thread would end essentially the same, I wouldn't bother,

Mr. Bambu said:
I mean a match can be incredibly equal and still have 7-0 votes.
And I think another Sekiro vs Overwatch thread would end essentially the same, I wouldn't bother,
Reaper might be a good match for a Sekiro character given how he's basically unkillable.

Also, Winston vs Guardian Ape ovo

The former is eh, I'm a sucker for aesthetics and reaper doesn't fit. The latter, though, might be neat.

Also, grace.

Sir Ovens said:
If anything, Hanzo has the advantage in AP.
But that's where it stops.
Well he also has the durability advantage. I feel this isn't being mentioned enough in this thread. Wolf is really gonna have to hack away at Hanzo for a while before Hanzo has a chance to incapacitate him.

That's weird. Why is there no Range catagory on Hanzo's profile? Seems rather strange to forget a range catagory on a character that heavily emphasises in range battle.

WeeklyBattles said:
He also has a massive range advantage, peoplw.have gotten headshots from over a kilometer away in-game
Which map is a kilometer in length

Also @Meleenium Dura/AP are generally equal, Glass cannons exist but are rare.

@melee

Wolf can one shot the giant serpent which has a decent ap advantage over him as well

I know what Route 66 is, how do you know it is a kilometer long, since, you know, it's curved and stuff.

Paul Frank said:
@melee
Wolf can one shot the giant serpent which has a decent ap advantage over him as well
Technically, he two-shots the Serpent. And I think by the time Wolf actually kills it, his AP is roughly equal to the Serpent.

Not really. You can't ever actually hurt it aside from that deathblow and the one where he just stabbed him in the eye (where he didn't need to go through any skin or anything).

Mr. Bambu said:
I know what Route 66 is, how do you know it is a kilometer long, since, you know, it's curved and stuff.
Because a guy did an in-game distance track of the shot he made and it came to over 1000 meters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back