• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wolf (Sekiro) vs Hanzo (Overwatch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So AP is 4.7 tons vs 1.2 tons in favor of Hanzo. However, as said before, Wolf has a much more versatile moveset and abilities. Wolf's stealth is fairly good and invisibility may help despite Hanzo's senses, as it is harder to fight someone you can't actively see.

Wolf's abilities of stunning, distraction, and frankly just gutting his enemies should be noted- his methods allow him to go for far more lethal abilities. His grappling hook affords him the mobility to escape the dragon attack which would be Hanzo's most favorable method of terminating Wolf.

Obviously I need to mention Wolf's immortalities which prevent him from actually dying. Even if hit by the spirit dragons, this will not kill or even affect him much- actual limbs need to be removed to effectively kill him.

Based on all of this I believe Wolf's versatility and survivibility outweigh Hanzo's AP advantage.

Sonic Arrow bypasses invisibility and stealth

How does Hanzo bypass Wolf's immortality exactly...?

Anything that results in him being incapped, KO, or generally disarming him.

Alright well lets see:

• Hanzo has dealt with 95% of Wolf's arsenal and the 5% he hasnt dealt with wont help here, like Puppeteer Ninjutsu which only works after Hanzo's death. He's also fought and bested an opponent of similar skill in Genji.
  • Invisibility and stealth wont help when Hanzo was able to sense guys like Genji and has Sonic Arrows which bypass stealth and invisibility.
  • Genji has a voice-throwing technique that is used to redirect the opponent's attention and Hanzo was able to fight him on even ground.
  • Hanzo doesnt need Dragonstrike to kill Wolf, one good hit with a single arrow will severely wound him if not outright kill him, and if he gets caught in an enclosed space Scatter Arrow is a death sentence. Hanzo is able to oneshot people on his level with a single well placed arrow.
  • A grappling hook wont help when he's already dealt with an opponent who uses it in Widowmaker.

I mentioned AP in my bit, scales to lightning (5000000000 joules) or 1.195 (or 1.2) tons.

As for Weekly, he's fought people with Type 4 who tend who in of themselves can battle through armies of people perfectly capable of killing him without abusing said type 4 once. Doubtful. My vote for Wolf stands, I'd argue he has skill in the bag.

Whereas Wolf shrugs off death with little issue.

Chip damage is a thing that's not hard to do when you're constantly blinding your enemy and you can't die.

They deafen, too. Referring to the firecrackers. It's almost as if shinobi are in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Shinobi who also have enhanced senses.

My vote stands, in raw combat it isn't in-character because he hasn't seen anyone with abilities such as Wolf's.

Does Sabimaru work on him? It inflicts poison and the lazulite version has a lasting effect and creates a poisonous mist.

We're arguing that

Hanzo has experienced some of Wolf's arsenal (not that he knows he has it, just that he knows of similar things, and not the important stuff)

and not even a 4x AP advantage

overcomes Wolf's ability to overcome people such as Gyoubu the Demon, Sword Saint Isshin, etc, in terms of skill, without ever being touched, and some of these guys can unironically one-shot, which Hanzo cannot (also show me the time he shook off Hammond's charge, since that's what he's scaled to?). To be clear, Wolf can overcome people who in turn are the best warriors in the country to the point that some (Gyoubu) were considered so good that an entire army of comparable enemies was just considered "oh well we already won, we have Gyoubu".

Because this all seems mighty sus

WeeklyBattles said:
95% Of wolf's powers are shared by other overwatch characters, yes he has seen them
Need the clip of Hanzo taking zero damage from that Hammond charge. Since I know that's the really-damaging attack that he supposedly tanked with no problem whatsoever.

So what do OW character actually scale to

Cause from the 7 links I clicked they just all scale to eachother in a circle

me is still sitting here waiting for my question to be answered

Hammond's metal ball rush was what I found, which they can indeed survive but I don't recall anyone ever just walking away with practically no damage taken (granted, Hammond is a character added later so I could be wrong, waiting on the video clip of that one). It scales to 4.7 tons of TNT, which again, isn't even 4x AP advantage to argue that he wins against all the damn versatility of Overwatch combined, the ability to spam blind/deafen him, and Type 4 Immortality.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
Does Sabimaru work on him? It inflicts poison and the lazulite version has a lasting effect and creates a poisonous mist.
Man's got blood still (not sure if the same would apply to Genji, kek) so yeah poison kills fine.

Note that the final version can effect the likes of Juzou the Drunkard (the guy that regularly ingests poison mind you) and Snake Eyes, one of them lives in a poisonous swamp and gains minor resistance due to living in such conditions.

Unless this poison kills instantly and he leads with it 100% of the time and he manages to get it off before hanzo shoots him once it really wont help much

still waiting on that video

- Hanzo can't instant kill, and if he could, Wolf stands up

- Even if he doesn't lead with it 100% of the time it's no less lethal and no less significant to bring up

- Even as a non-instant kill, if Wolf poisons Hanzo, Hanzo kills Wolf, Hanzo dies of poison, Wolf stands up, that's a good win in my book.

The literal only argument for Hanzo here is an AP advantage of less than 4x. Even based on the old not-actually-real 5x AP advantage this wouldn't be a good argument, much less here. Wolf has versatility, survivibility, and I'm fairly certain he holds skill over any given Overwatch agent.

Hanzo can absolutely instakill, he's able to oneshot people on his level with a well placed arrow

Youre acting like Hanzo is a complete moron my dude, if hanzo sees his opponent keeps getting back up from death hes going to go for an incap. And youre going to need a LOT of evidence to back up him being more skilled than anyone in overwatch.

No, I'm really not. I don't dislike the Overwatch characters. I'm acting as if I am aware of both verses and am actively aware that Wolf has better skill feats and Hanzo doesn't one-shot with that AP gap. You haven't backed up, at all, that Hanzo tanks 4.7 tons with no damage (I've asked multiple times).

As I've said. Wolf maintains all the versatility in the world in comparison, the ability to revive indefinitely, some form of minor hax that can be used, and arguably better skill. Meanwhile Hanzo only has AP advantage of 3.9x.

I don't know what disliking Overwatch has to do with this, but ok.

"he's able to oneshot people on his level with a well placed arrow "

That is assuming he doesn't just y'know... deflect it.

And I still firmly believe that Wolf would ress as soon as Hanz turns his back and think he won, then stealth deathblow him.

@Bambu He does oneshot, hanzo can oneshor peoplw who can tank 4.7 tons and i posted the calc some time ago.You have yet to poat skill feats that arw in any way supwrior to thosw in overwatch.

Versatilirt means nothing when hanzo hasnalreadu dealt with all of it in the past

> scan

kek, wrong media type, son, but uh

well here's a bunch of boss videos of people who can insta-KO in the right conditions and are way more durable than he is

Here's one

Here's two

Here's three

One for each key, how's about that. In each of these videos Wolf deathblows an enemy more durable than himself, in the case of some enemies he can do so with no fight to begin with (including the Lone Swordsman, who has the same exact enhanced senses as Hanzo) and just outright get a deathblow.

Now then, how's about we see those tasty "scans" of Hanzo taking zero damage from Hammond rolling out as the little autobot he is?

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
I don't know what disliking Overwatch has to do with this, but ok.
Generally when people accuse someone of downplaying the implication is that they dislike the verse. 's good habit, I find, to say I don't. Overwatch as a game is decent enough, if a bit downhill from Blizzard's old stuff, and the story is pretty damn alright for a shooter title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back