• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wizarding World Discussion Thread

The Wizarding World has been kinda forgotten on here lately, so I've made this account in the hope of reviving this amazing franchise. As a start, I made this thread where I proposed some changes and presented some feats we could try to calc.

Last edited:
This can be helpful in troll calculation:
The troll is a fearsome creature up to twelve feet tall and weighing over a tonne. Notable for its equally prodigious strength and stupidity, the troll is often violent and unpredictable. Trolls originated in Scandinavia but these days they may be found in Britain, Ireland and other areas of northern Europe.

This can be helpful in troll calculation:
Additionally, I think there has been done a calc on the weight of the club that knocked out the troll Harry, Ron and Hermione encountered. The troll Quirrel knocked out was described as larger, but likely not by too much, so that could be helpful, too.

Do you think this feat is worth considering as a spell for destructive potential? It seems that this spell, through an explosion, creates the Dark Mark in the sky (that is, a huge cloud)

And by the way, why has no one ever brought up the topic of Harry's lightning reaction? Here you can clearly see how he reacts to the lightning that Voldemort emits from his wand and tries to dodge them by covering his head with his palms.
Y8CE_vl-PJs.jpg
IDgsa-BmTv4.jpg
BQSyIAYJoyM.jpg

CSjBqG0lOCc.jpg
7ryggyj-AHs.jpg
yiaIZwmaQ3Y.jpg

mKOvCRoe2bU.jpg
HQs0vRQPyJg.jpg
wqMk4mylgho.jpg

I just don't think a guy with subsonic reaction is capable of this, it's just unrealistic.

And by the way, why has no one ever brought up the topic of Harry's lightning reaction? Here you can clearly see how he reacts to the lightning that Voldemort emits from his wand and tries to dodge them by covering his head with his palms.
Y8CE_vl-PJs.jpg
IDgsa-BmTv4.jpg
BQSyIAYJoyM.jpg

CSjBqG0lOCc.jpg
7ryggyj-AHs.jpg
yiaIZwmaQ3Y.jpg

mKOvCRoe2bU.jpg
HQs0vRQPyJg.jpg
wqMk4mylgho.jpg

I just don't think a guy with subsonic reaction is capable of this, it's just unrealistic.
There's nothing to indicate that this is actual lightning and not just a spell that looks like a lightning.

And why is there no Death profile on this wiki? Her description and Hallows in general often appear in the verse and are one of its main parts, so I think this needs to be corrected. Moreover, it is necessary to update the Deathly Hallows and add conceptual manipulations of death to them

It doesn't seem like it, but we know that this spell is described as a lightning bolt. Can we calculate the arc velocity by frames?
Where was it written that they were lightning bolts? I looked at the duels in the movie and the book, but I didn't see them described as lightning bolts or anything like that. Can you please show me relevant scans?

Where was it written that they were lightning bolts? I looked at the duels in the movie and the book, but I didn't see them described as lightning bolts or anything like that. Can you please show me relevant scans?
I'm sorry, I made a mistake. This spell was usually described as a light beam of green light or a flash, as in the attached screenshot. It turns out that this spell has a light speed? 🤪 But, in fact, this spell transfers plasma, as we see, so I think it has the shape of electric arcs, as we see in the screenshots above. I just don't know why a spell shouldn't be lightning fast if it looks like that. But, in any case, there are a lot of examples of reactions to specific lightning in the verse (and this is no longer Avada Kedavra, but naturally justified discharges of electricity)
Dr-0AFsbYvI.jpg

Sorry I'm so late in replying, but I didn't see your first post about Death at first. Well, it is not even certain whether the character Death is real or not. His name is mentioned only in one fairy tale. And Dumbledore, one of the most knowledgeable characters in the verse, believes that the Peverell brothers made the Deathly Hallows themselves, and that the tale is just the kind of legend that springs around such artifacts.
“— were the three brothers of the tale,” said Dumbledore, nodding. “Oh yes, I think so. Whether they met Death on a lonely road . . . I think it more likely that the Peverell brothers were simply gifted, dangerous wizards who succeeded in creating those powerful objects. The story of them being Death’s own Hallows seems to me the sort of legend that might have sprung up around such creations.
-Chapter 35-

Sorry I'm so late in replying, but I didn't see your first post about Death at first. Well, it is not even certain whether the character Death is real or not. His name is mentioned only in one fairy tale. And Dumbledore, one of the most knowledgeable characters in the verse, believes that the Peverell brothers made the Deathly Hallows themselves, and that the tale is just the kind of legend that springs around such artifacts.

-Chapter 35-
Well, I've been thinking about this question, so I didn't create a purely Death profile, but rather the very idea of Death in Harry Potter. Because she has physical incarnations, for example, as shown in the tale of the Three Brothers and the image of Grim (a big black dog). After all, this is mostly an abstraction, rather than a physical character. Well, we don't know how right Dumbledore was, because some people say that Death really exists, some (like Dumbledore, for example) don't believe it. Perhaps the brothers were really powerful wizards and managed to create these artifacts, BUT nevertheless, they (artifacts) are so powerful that they can withstand Death itself, in whatever incarnation it may be. Yes, and I would argue about Albus's knowledge. Because he didn't know what horcruxes were, so his knowledge in the field of life/death is not as great as you think. In general, go to my profile above, if you are interested. It's all described there.

however, we need a Death profile because the verse is literally based on this character and her Hallows (which I think should be updated and new abilities added)

Well, I've been thinking about this question, so I didn't create a purely Death profile, but rather the very idea of Death in Harry Potter. Because she has physical incarnations, for example, as shown in the tale of the Three Brothers and the image of Grim (a big black dog). After all, this is mostly an abstraction, rather than a physical character. Well, we don't know how right Dumbledore was, because some people say that Death really exists, some (like Dumbledore, for example) don't believe it. Perhaps the brothers were really powerful wizards and managed to create these artifacts, BUT nevertheless, they (artifacts) are so powerful that they can withstand Death itself, in whatever incarnation it may be. Yes, and I would argue about Albus's knowledge. Because he didn't know what horcruxes were, so his knowledge in the field of life/death is not as great as you think. In general, go to my profile above, if you are interested. It's all described there.
Dumbledore knows what horcruxes are. According to her, he realized that the diary was a horcrux the moment Harry told him what happened in the Chamber. Moreover, being a dead man, having studied the Hallows in his youth, and being the best wizard of the century, his views on the subject are far more accurate than others.
Also, as I said, the character Death only appears in Beedle's Tales, the wizards' version of the Grimm Tales. Nowhere else is it mentioned that the concept of death has a personality and awareness. Add to this Dumbledore's idea that the brothers never actually met Death, and the existence of this character becomes quite debatable. That's why I don't think it would be right to create a profile for him.
There are other problems with the profile:
It is unknown whether Grim even exists. İt is probably just a legend. Those who see a big black dog think they see Grim and die of fear. Even if it is real and supernatural (which is very doubtful), it is more like a spectre that senses and appears to those who are about to die, rather than an avatar of Death himself. You can think off Grim and Death as a dog banshee and Grim Reaper. They are both associated with Death, but other than that they are completely different characters.
Since Death never fought the Peverell brothers, scaling him to their reaction speed isn't accurate either.
Also it is plain illogical to scale Death to Voldemort since Voldemort fears death, not the Death, and death is a phenomenon that eventually happens to any human.
Also death is a he.

Last edited:
Dumbledore knows what horcruxes are. According to her, he realized that the diary was a horcrux the moment Harry told him what happened in the Chamber. Moreover, being a dead man, having studied the Hallows in his youth, and being the best wizard of the century, his views on the subject are far more accurate than others.
Also, as I said, the character Death only appears in Beedle's Tales, the wizards' version of the Grimm Tales. Nowhere else is it mentioned that the concept of death has a personality and awareness. Add to this Dumbledore's idea that the brothers never actually met Death, and the existence of this character becomes quite debatable. That's why I don't think it would be right to create a profile for him.
There are other problems with the profile:
It is unknown whether Grim even exists. İt is probably just a legend. Those who see a big black dog think they see Grim and die of fear. Even if it is real and supernatural (which is very doubtful), it is more like a spectre that senses and appears to those who are about to die, rather than an avatar of Death himself. You can think off Grim and Death as a dog banshee and Grim Reaper. They are both associated with Death, but other than that they are completely different characters.
Since Death never fought the Peverell brothers, scaling him to their reaction speed isn't accurate either.
Also it is plain illogical to scale Death to Voldemort since Voldemort fears death, not the Death, and death is a phenomenon that eventually happens to any human.
Also death is a he.
Perhaps he knew what horcruxes were superficially, but did not know how they worked and how they could be obtained, which is why he asked Harry in part 6 to pull out the memories of Professor Slughorn (who told Tom how to become immortal). Although he had studied the Deathly Hallows, he did not know exactly how the Resurrection Stone worked, which is why he suffered afterwards. We can say that he is very wise in magic, but, as it turned out, there are wizards who understand some areas of magic better than he does (Slughorn, Voldemort and Grindelwald). Tom possessed such powerful magic spells that Dumbledore could not remove them when in part 6 he drank the cursed water from a goblet in the Cave. Grindelwald, who together with Albus created a blood amulet that could not be broken. And Slughorn, who knew more about horcruxes than Dumbledore did. I can also attribute that Dumbledore could not fly without a broom (although I'm not sure he needed it, but nevertheless).
All this suggests that Dumbledore, although he is a very wise wizard, but there are some areas of magic in which he is weaker than some, although he is generally considered the wisest.

Grindelwald also studied the Hallows and he believed that Death existed. He really believed that no one could defeat him with an Elder Wand, which is why he gained such great power at his age. Yes, although the conscious physical form of Death appears only in the collection of fairy tales, nevertheless, we know that this fairy tale is true to some extent. Although Dumbledore did not believe that it was Death who created these Hallows, he believed that the Brothers were so powerful that they could control Death and create such unique artifacts.
Well, Grim is just as unproven objectively as the very existence of Death, but nevertheless, there is an indication. Professor Trelawney spoke of him as the real thing. Even though we know she's a little crazy, her prophecy was right. And, again, this is another confirmation that Death is an abstraction. Everything connected with Death is a part of it, including Grim. We can also give examples of the Darkness from DC and its avatars.

Why didn't fight? One way or another, she met with them and somehow defeated them, taking their lives. And no one could resist her. Do you remember how she flew with younger Brother to another world? As for Voldemort, I think everything should be clear. Your suggestion that Tom is afraid of death, not Death, sounds completely illogical. Perhaps you don't understand how I imagine Death as a character. This is not a physical embodiment, but an abstraction. These are completely different things. The phenomenon is also related to Death as a concept. If there were no Death, no one would die. Do you agree?

Oh... I've just noticed that a lot of powers and abilities are missing from the wizard profiles. Do you remember that there is a spell that makes an object disappear? This is also an erasure from existence, because after the spell, the object is sent into oblivion (confirmed in the novel). They study it in elementary courses, so it's worth adding it. Moreover, with the help of Felix Felicis (it seems to be called that) it is worth adding manipulation of probabilities, because after consuming this potion, the creature has increased luck for cases (part 6 of the novel). It is also worth updating the spell of Grindelwald, which was demonstrated in Part 2 of Fantastic Beasts, when he summoned a flame that devoured everyone who ideologically disagreed with him. Is this manipulation of the law? Or conceptual. There is also a spell that causes an object to either freeze in place or slow down its movement (time manipulation?)

Sorry for replying a little late. The reason his hand rotted was not the Resurrection Stone, but a curse contained in the horcrux. And, at that moment, he was tempted to see his family again, to see Ariana again, whom he felt was responsible for her death, and apologize to her. Therefore, in that moment of weakness, he forgot that the stone was a horcrux and most likely carried a curse, and he immediately put on the ring.
“When I discovered it, after all those years, buried in the abandoned home of the Gaunts — the Hallow I had craved most of all, though in my youth I had wanted it for very different reasons — I lost my head, Harry. I quite forgot that it was now a Horcrux, that the ring was sure to carry a curse. I picked it up, and I put it on, and for a second I imagined that I was about to see Ariana, and my mother, and my father, and to tell them how very, very sorry I was. . . .
He also knew very well what horcruxes were and how they worked. He only wanted the memory to see if his theory that Voldemort had made more than one horcrux was correct or not.
"I have been hoping for this piece of evidence for a very long time," said Dumbledore at last. "It confirms the theory on which I have been working, it tells me that I am right, and also how very far there is still to go. . . "
"The careless way in which Voldemort regarded this Horcrux seemed most ominous to me. It suggested that he must have made--or had been planning to make--more Horcruxes, so that the loss of his first would not be so detrimental. I did not wish to believe it, but nothing else seemed to make sense. Then you told me, two years later, that on the night that Voldemort returned to his body, he made a most illuminating and alarming statement to his Death Eaters. 'I who have gone further than anybody along the path that leads to immortality. ' That was what you told me he said. 'Further than anybody!' And I thought I knew what that meant, though the Death Eaters did not. He was referring to his Horcruxes, Horcruxes in the plural, Harry, which I don't believe any other wizard has ever had. Yet it fitted: Lord Voldomort has seemed to grow less human with the passing years, and the transformation he had undergone seemed to me to be only explainable if his soul was mutilated beyond the realms of what we might call usual evil. . . "
-Half-blood Prince, Chapter 23: Horcruxes-
And he no longer believes that possessing the Hallows can make a person immortal, even though he perhaps did before. Both Dumbledore and J.K Rowling said that true master of Death is the person who accepts that he must die, and that it is not about pursuing immortality. And although Harry was in possession of all three Hallows by magical laws at the time of his 'death', Dumbledore did not think that was why he had not fully died.
The irony is that a curious legend has grown up around this story, which precisely contradicts the message of the original. This legend holds that the gifts Death gives the brothers — an unbeatable wand, a stone that can bring back the dead, and an Invisibility Cloak that endures for ever — are genuine objects that exist in the real world. The legend goes further: if any person becomes the rightful owner of all three, then he or she will become 'master of Death’, which has usually been understood to mean that they will be invulnerable, even immortal.
We may smile, a little sadly, at what this tells us about human nature. The kindest interpretation would be: ‘Hope springs eternal’. In spite of the fact that, according to Beedle, two of the three objects are highly dangerous, in spite of the clear message that Death comes for us all in the end, a tiny minority of the wizarding community persists in believing that Beedle was sending them a coded message, which is the exact reverse of the one set down in ink, and that they alone are clever enough to understand it.
-Tales of Beedle the Bard, Notes on Tale of Three Brothers-
Also, as I said, Dumbledore had been dead for a year at the time and had probably learned more about the Afterlife and Death than living people did.
Also, if Death is such a big crybaby that he becomes enraged just because the three brothers crossed a river, appears to them personally, and tricks them himself, why did he never try to deceive Nicholas Flame, a wizard who has been postponing death for six hundred years? After all, the three brothers would eventually die of old age, even if Death never appeared to them.
As for Grim, this is not a confirmation, this is just a headcanon. If there is a scan that proves that Grim, the figure in The Tale of the Three Brothers and other things related to death are avatars of the concept of Death, which has personality and intelligence, please add it to your next post. Otherwise, I will not accept your argument. And please post scans from books, interviews or movies, not wikis.
Death did not defeat them physically. The older brother died when his throat was slit in his sleep by a wizard. And the middle brother committed suicide. And it was not said that Death and the brother had flown to another world, but only that they had departed from this life. So Death and Ignotus' soul may have just been teleported to the afterlife, and it might not even have been a speed feat.
But though Death searched for the third brother for many years, he was never able to find him. It was only when he had attained a great age that the youngest brother finally took off the Cloak of Invisibility and gave it to his son. And then he greeted Death as an old friend, and went with him gladly, and, equals, they departed this life.
What you say actually makes no sense. Does one have to lose a magical duel with Death in order to die? Death seems to sneak up on those who are about to die and make people die just by death manipulation or something like that.
“Death’s got an Invisibility Cloak?” Harry interrupted again.
“So he can sneak up on people,” said Ron. “Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking . . . sorry, Hermione."
And remember what I said about death being a thing that ignores durability?

Last edited:
Listen, do you remember how in one of the parts of Harry Potter, in the Great Hall, on the ceiling, the cosmos was depicted with a galaxy, nebulae and stars? Can this be used to calculate how for a pocket world with stars? Or something like that

No. İt was just enchanted to look like the sky.
Harry had never even imagined such a strange and splendid place. It was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. These tables were laid with glittering golden plates and goblets. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. Professor McGonagall led the first years up here, so that they came to a halt in a line facing the other students, with the teachers behind them. The hundreds of faces staring at them looked like pale lanterns in the flickering candlelight. Dotted here and there among the students, the ghosts shone misty silver. Mainly to avoid all the staring eyes, Harry looked upward and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "Its bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History. "

I've researched the ootp script to find if the lightning issued from voldemort was actuall described as lightning, but i only discovered a whole new duel that's different from the books and the film itself lol. It's very intresting, Instead of two clashing at each other voldemort blocks dumbledores light spell which constantly is mentioned as shaking the whole room and the ministry with a shield charm. And dumbledore is the more aggresive on here and they even have the statue and fawkes in the duel which is very cool. Think they wrapped this version up due to budget issue or smth.

Back