• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Time, time, time... see what's become of me..."
It was only a matter of time until Wizard101 hopped on the 1-A waiting train. I'd initially planned to wait for @Eseseso to finish his hax CRTs, but he's been met with some other stuff, so here we go.

This CRT will focus on what I believe are two pieces of evidence for Tier 1 for the verse, one for Low 1-A and one for flat 1-A, and will go over who these should scale to and why.

Prima Materia:
The worlds of the Spiral are stated to be made up of prima materia, which is stated to be the most intrinsic essence of matter, physicality condensed and rarified, What Azoth is to magic, prima materia is to physical substance: each particle contains within a blueprint of what it was harvested from. The Druids of Ravenwood learned how to harvest prima materia to immortalize different pieces of the Spiral through museums, It's worth acknowledging that the Druids were a group of Wizards that learned their magic directly under the tutelage and instruction of Bartleby, the tree of magic, and as such their ability to interact with and utilize prima materia should not be seen as something most wizards could do. The aforementioned traits of prima materia being '''the essence of matter''' and the blueprint for physical substance leads me to conclude that prima materia should be rated at Low Outerversal at its peak.

The Wheel of Existence:
Near the end of Arc 3, the Wizard is introduced to the Kalamar, a group of beings tasked by Grandmother Raven to act as keepers of the Life and Death paradox chain that held Grandfather Spider's Chaos Heart. The Kalamar share a unique belief system regarding the nature of existence and that of opposite forces. The Kalamar express belief in the idea that Life and Death are not truly opposites and are instead two sides of the same thing: a "Wheel". As the Wizard continues to interact with them, it becomes clear that they share this belief regarding more than just life and death. In the side quest titled Ancient Kalamar Secrets, the Wizard is instructed by a Kalamar to read the carvings on a set of prayer columns that are taught to the Kalamar villagers. The text on the carvings reads:
When you read a Book, see more than the words: see the Paper the words are written upon. Look further: see the Tree that made the Paper, the Soil that fed the Tree, and the dead Things that became the Soil. Look further: see the Rain that watered the Tree, the Clouds that loosed the Rain, and the Sky that birthed the Clouds. Outside the illusion of Time you see them all at once. The Book is more than a book: it is the entire universe. So are all things. So are you. Our perceptions tell us that we walk in a straight line from past to future, and that all things around us are but one thing. But time is an illusion: look beyond it, and you will see that existence is a Wheel. The Spiral itself is but an echo of this truth. Step off the Wheel and see the great paradox. Life and Death, Order and Chaos, Light and Shadow: outside our limited perceptions they are one.
The aforementioned teachings of the Kalamar should be worth more than the religious musings of a group of mystified villagers. This idea about the universe being a Wheel was taught and endorsed by Grandmother Raven herself.

Naturally, the aforementioned text appears to be alluding to something akin to an "All is One cosmology", which is an argument that is popularly used for Tier 0 verses, however, it's important to acknowledge that Bartleby, Grandmother Raven and Grandfather Spider are each regarded as being able to destroy existence altogether, with the latter two threatening to do so during their conflict in Arc 3 of Wizard101. They are further regarded as being wholly unbothered by the destruction of said existence, further supporting the notion of superiority/separability from the Wheel. Even still, the text suggests that from outside a mortal perspective (meaning, from their perspective), the universe is a world of mundane illusion and all things within are part of that shared illusion. I believe this should qualify for qualitative superiority by means of Transduality and/or R>F over existence, and as such any characters that can be reasonably proven to scale around their level, such as the Titans and the Scion of Bartleby should scale. The latter would not possess Beyond-Dimensional Existence, but their magic is at the level shown to where they can keep up with the Storm Titan and their strength comes from Bartleby to begin with.

It's worth noting that I believe there are other characters that I believe may also scale around this level, but they would do so through hax rather than their own being (namely due to the Song of Creation), so I believe they would be best left to another thread.

TLDR: Low 1-A argument stems from prima materia being the most intrinsic essence of matter as well as the blueprint and template for physical substance, thus being the thing that defines what it means for physical substance to be as it is. 1-A argument stems from god-tiers perceiving existence as a world of mundane illusion where opposites and separation are an illusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back