• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
TL; DR don't use game feats for book version but use book feats for game version. Did I get it right?

I created this thread because I did Dettlaff vs Vilgefortz match, and Negativity was surprised that Vilgefortz scales to Geralt's game feats but he didn't even appear in one, so I wanted to make it clear that all things that happened in books also happened in games and we can make book characters scale to game feats because of that, and make these profiles like they are in the games.

TLDR There are only two book-only characters on this wiki rn (Francesca, though she's irrelevant and Vilgefortz) and I want to make them scale to game feats because they are canon to them

Then you would need to make two keys, one for "Books" and another one for "Games" or something like that.

Even if the powers remain the same, the tiers surely won't.

I can't comment on speed, but tier should remain the same because Vilgefortz turned Regis into a Puddle with a fire attack and last I checked, turning a human sized human/oid into that is 9-A.

That being said, no one has been shown to tank said attack, so the dura could be much lower, considering Geralt nearly died from getting poked by a pitchfork by a young lad.

Geralt's profile would be convoluted mainly because we'll have to explain the difference between book signs and Witcher 3 game signs.

For book mages, Yennefer is said to be able to burn a human to ashes with fire magic, so 9-A is consistent. Her weather manipulation capabilities and ability to create a lightning storm from clear sky are questionable, as she thought Alzur's Thunder (which she predicts can only kill five people in a charging mob) was too complicated for her and Triss to cast, but Triss accidentally produced bastardized version that no one could replicate (Merigold's Hailstorm).

Vilgefortz is peak mage, and possibly above 9-A even without weather manipulation. He has:

• Weapon Creation of a magical six-foot (he previously made a two-yard version) iron staff, and soundly defeat Geralt with it (A few weeks later, Geralt concluded that he didn't make a mistake during the fight, but his mistake before the fight is that he should've fled before the fight began)
  • Enhanced speed/reflexes (Geralt said that no human could have parried his fatal blows, but Vilgefortz did so multiple times. Was described to be as quick and agile as a demon)
  • Enhanced strength (His blows with the staff can send Geralt flying, break his sword against the wall, and easily break Geralt's bones)
  • Healing (Slowly regenerated his body near-death, and eventually replaced crystal lens on his left eye with a functioning regenerated eyeball, but the eyeball is much smaller than his normal right. Made hundreds of human experiments to study the human body)
  • Absorption (Absorbed an unconscious Yennefer's magical powers)
  • Weather Manipulation (Conjured a lightning storm from a clear sky, created a water vortex and then a hurricane that lifted a ship over a hundred yards)
  • Clairvoyance (Could have located and observed Ciri if it wasn't for her anti-magic aura and screening, especially with the help of his megascope and crystalball setup)
  • Telepathy (Probed Ciri's thoughts)
  • Poison Manipulation (Can inject magical elixirs/potions that forces others to obey his command, and potentially cause cerebral hemorrhage, double-sided paralysis, or a permanent vegetable state if resisted)
  • Fire Manipulation (Fired a column of fire from his hand that reduced stone floor to black fizzing mud, can shoot a blinding white flame that can slice through a stone cloumn like a hot knife through butter, can make his hands glow like red-hot iron and shoot the white fire at close range to melt a vampire and stone column)
  • Lightning Manipulation (Can shoot lightning bolts and lightning balls. They can disintegrated and pulverize stone columns and create an explosion that shook an entire castle to its foundations. Isn't as fast as natural lightning since Geralt managed to dodged it at the last moment)
  • Forcefield Creation (Can effortlessly deflect Yennefer's lightning bolts with a protective magical sphere)
  • Telekinesis (Force chocked Ciri, sent Geralt flying with a force push as if he has been rammed, telekinetically levitated Yennefer and was about to twist her like a wet rag)
On a side note, Ciri should get Dimensional Travel.

Bonhart and Ciri can exchange two or three sword blows every instant, and the observers could not count the blows by eye or ear. Geralt can slash so fast guards could not see his blade move.

And a solidly Subsonic speed feat for book Geralt (deflecting bolts back toward enemies is actually canon to the books!): A man with a crossbow came around the corner, yelled and shot, aiming at the sorceress. Geralt leaped as though propelled by a spring, brandished his sword and the deflected bolt flew right over the crossbowman's head, so close he had to crouch.

What tier would he be? He had some for lack of a better word - anti feats, like being "killed" by a typical guy with pitchfork

SpookyShadow said:
I created this thread because I did Dettlaff vs Vilgefortz match, and Negativity was surprised that Vilgefortz scales to Geralt's game feats but he didn't even appear in one, so I wanted to make it clear that all things that happened in books also happened in games and we can make book characters scale to game feats because of that, and make these profiles like they are in the games.
With the exception of the additional (optional) mutations in Blood and Wine, which give Geralt strength and speed boost (unspecified), there are no indications of Geralt becoming more physicaly able in games. Scalling Vilgefortz (physicaly) from games Geralt is fine.

I think 9-C for book Geralt is fair, since there is no indication he can produce 50 times the energy of an athlete, and a good stab to his stomach is enough to kill him (or almost kill him, depending on your interpretation). There is even a quantifiable feat for this tier:

In the first book, Geralt outwrestled a Sylvian, and blocked multiple kicks with the strength of an enraged mule.

Possible.

Time of Contempt has this feat: They had been attacked by a white-haired fiend, who had fallen on them from a wall, from a height that would have broken a normal man's legs. It ought to have been impossible to land gently, whirl in an impossibly fast pirouette, and a split second later begin killing. But the white-haired fiend had done it. And the killing had begun.

He also hacked off an arm with a single swing, pushed a man who blocked his sword swing to his knees, and can break a cheekbone with a casual kick.

Both Geralt and Yennefer were confident Geralt can kill a dragon who promised not to breathe fire in a duel.

Book Geralt might actually have 9-B AP, since in Baptism of Fire Zoltan gives him a sihil with magical runes and spells, which can cut through chainmail like it is wool.

He might even have extended attack range based on this feat: Geralt rushed at him, wiping plaster from his face. Vilgefortz turned his eyes towards him and a hand from which flames exploded with a roar. The Witcher instinctively shielded himself with his sword. The rune-covered dwarven blade protected him, astonishingly, cutting the stream of fire in half.

Back