• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, this might be an interesting thread. Here, we have a flying pink plantlike creature about an inch tall (an inch and a half incliding the head stalk) against a pollinator with a barbed thorax (though they have a pretty sacrificial means of attacking despite being able to inject poisonous pheromone into its foe). A honeybee can be a good 15 mm in length.

I'm gonna have speed equalized for this because even though the speed of a pikmin was never calculated, I doubt the ratings will be good for any pikmin. Beyond that, there are no special conditions for this fight. Do note that, yes, if you played a Pikmin game, there will be times when Pikmin have attacked enemies without Olimar's assistence.

Side Note: This is a single winged pikmin against a single honeybee.

That aside, here's the combatants.:

Winged Pikmin's profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Winged_Pikmi

Bee's Profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Bee_(Real_Life)

Pikmin-winged
Bee-PNG-8
Winged Pikmin: 1
Bee: 5

Inconclusive: 0

Who will win this match?

Personally am going to go with the winged Pikman. I don't think it's due from something so little, to be honest. As far ad I know that hasn't happened in the Pikmin games? Correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

i think the bee will sting the Pikmin and probably die because of it, if the Pikmin doesn't finish it for first.

Jackythejack said:
Personally am going to go with the winged Pikman. I don't think it's due from something so little, to be honest. As far as I know that hasn't happened in the Pikmin games? Correct me if I'm wrong on that though.
i think the bee will sting the Pikmin and probably die because of it, if the Pikmin doesn't finish it for first.
I mean the smallest harmful enemy is a male sheargrub, which is only 25 mm and can still kill a Pikmin. Female sheargrubs are 20 mm long, yet they are harmless. I'm not sure how small a scornet is, though. A honeybee is 15 mm long, so its not too farfetched.

Bee stings are poisonous, so a winged pikmin could die from having no poison resistence, but again, that's granted that a bee could actually stab a winged pikmin with it.

Wait all bee stings are poisonous? I actually didn't know that but okay then.

also yeah the problem is whether or not the bee could hit the pikmin at all, and I'm not sure if it actually could or not.

From what I know Bees don't tend to sting animals of their size, they just tear them apart with their... claws? I forgot what their limbs are called.

Torlikoff said:
From what I know Bees don't tend to sting animals of their size, they just tear them apart with their... claws? I forgot what their limbs are called.
You talking about the things on their feet? Yeah, they're called claws, though if you want a more anatomical name, they're called "Tarsus claws."

Keeweed said:
If this is a generic bee, then it's going to try to rip and bite the Pikmin apart.
It's possible. Depends on where the Winged Pikmin attacks from, though.

I remember watching videos that show Bees actually can survive a sting if they're careful (if they pull their stingers out the right way) and it's likely to just go for a bite to the Pikmin's Head more times than not, so I guess it depends how srong the Pikmin is.

Actually after reading the Pikmin's profile, the Bee crushes it's head in. The only threat to the bee is it's own Stinger, but that's unlikely to happen unless the Pikmin comes in from a very awkward angle. Voting the Bee due to its strength advantage and weaponary.

Keeweed said:
I remember watching videos that show Bees actually can survive a sting if they're careful (if they pull their stingers out the right way) and it's likely to just go for a bite to the Pikmin's Head more times than not, so I guess it depends how srong the Pikmin is.
A single blue pikmin can five-shot sheargrubs. That's what I got from testing it out with a single blue pikmin in Pikmin 2 (blue pikmin=average strength).

After looking at the Sheargrubs and Scornet I'm either voting inconclusive or still Bee. Because it takes them five hits to kill Sheatgrubs which is something a bee would one shot by crushing its skull in its jaws, the Pikmin can oneshot Scornet which are just Bees. This feels inconsistent since stronger Pikmin fail to instantly kill something barely larger and less armored than the weaker Pikmin do. Going off the lower end the Bee easily overpowers and crushes the Pikmin. Going off the higher end the Pikmin one shots but the Bee has the strength advantage to just hold the Pikmin down and chop it's head in so it depends on if the Pikmin can hit it before being grabbed (which is something Bees like to do against opponents of the same size).

@Keeweed

I'll keep your vote counted under "bee." You seem to lean more towards that.

As much as I like the lil pink dude I think the Bee takes this one by being stronger and faster. I haven't played Pikmin 3 yet so the Winged Pikmin could be stronger/faster than I remember but going off the profiles it seems that the Bee takes this one.

NoOneCanJustDeflectTheEmeraldSplash said:
Huge necro there my dude.
Either way, it brought in someone who actually contributed (Enderlucario over there).

I'm just glad I found a battle I could contribute to. While I do watch/read/play/etc. many verses, I don't know much about the stats of the characters so I have to depend on the character pages. I really like Pikmin (even though I haven't played it myself yet) and know some stuff about it so I figured I could chime in without looking like a complete ignorant fool.

I mean, a month is the limit for something to be considered a necro, so more than two months is a pretty big necro. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, it's just kinda annoying for most people involved.

Back