• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why was Sora upgraded to Solar System level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think that he was scaled to KH Zeus' multiple-solar system moving feat.

Of course, given our new rules regarding this, he may have to be rescaled even higher, but personally I consider it to likely be an outlier, as I think that Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts feat was calculated at Large Star level.

I will ask The Everlasting and CrossverseCrisis.

It comes from Zeus' feat being casual at worst and effortless at best, and how Kingdom Hearts is an artifact far above Zeus in power.

Yes, but according to our new rules (as soon as DontTalk has had the time to modify the page, as we agreed on in the staff thread) we would have to upgrade Sora to 4-A based on the constellation feat.

Given that the actual KH feat was calculated at High 4-C (if I remember correctly), and is supposed to be above Zeus in power, as you say, I think that the star-moving must either be considered as an outlier, hax, or both in combination.

We had a thread about this a while back that was made here regarding this. It's basically as what Everlasting said, really. While Ant's right in that KH Zeus's feat was about High 4-C (high 4-C+ to be exact), Everlasting noted to me that it was a very casually feat (kind of like Zeus from the Disney movie), and that KH itself is supposed to be far superior to it given it's importance to the series and all that.

So just what Everlasting said but if you need more info, you can look into the thread that got the series upgraded above that i provided.

Well, the point is that we will have a conflict between the calculated Kingdom Hearts feat, at High 4-C, and Zeus' 4-A feat, which is drastically higher.

I really like the KH games, but I would rather go with a calculation than an approximation. Sora is powerful, but not to a Multi-Solar System level degree.

I like it too, Ant. But i don't want them to go higher than 4-A. That's just a bit over the top. And Ever had talked to Perp and Reppu on this and both of them agreed that 4-B fitted them better. Hell Ever said that them being 4-B is of a conservative low end boost which i would prefer over what COULD get them any higher to.

Anyways, that's just as what Ever and Perp had came up with really...

Yes, but the point is that our new rules page that DontTalk wrote will say that this is a 4-A type of feat, so we either have to accept that scale, or disregard it as an outlier, and scale from the KH feat instead.

Fair enough point. Though i want to see what Ever thinks of this anyways. I'm fine either way of having them as High 4-C back or keep as is, just want to know what he thinks...

I would appreciate if you could ask ThePerpetual as well.

Well, Zeus' feat was a reference to the movie, and as it is far above what KH itself showed, I believe it is closer to an outlier, just my thoughts.

Again, and despite the value of what KH got in comparison to Zeus, KH is treated as being superior to Zeus himself.

Pachi, do you not understand what i've told you of this a few times in the past by now? Seriously, idek need Ever to confirm this for me. Hell even if the verse here was still High 4-C, KH would be rated at least higher than Zeus (likely while within the tier) due to being more important and being more powerful than what Zeus could ever accomplish...

@Ant

I'm pretty sure the feat is still regarded as High 4-C, looking at the page, namely with this.

• If one planet or multiple planets or stars are moved the equivalent Attack Potency is the sum of their GBE. Per default it is assumed that only the stars themselves are used whenever stars are moved in the night sky to form constellations. Usually Stars can be considered to be like our sun and planets to be like earth, as long as no better guess is possible.

I'm afraid that I can't really add much else. As Cross and Everlasting have stated, Kingdom Hearts is the single most powerful object in the series and thus should be considered to be well above the likes of Zeus, who doesn't even register as a threat to Xehanort.

In addition, all of the showings of Kingdom Hearts thus far are false or incomplete versions of the real thing. It only goes to show that the real thing should be exponentially more powerful.

May as well take a shot at explaining it myself:

One, the assumption before was that just the ~600 stars themselves were manipulated to create the constellation. This was determined illogical to assume, as, according to KH lore, every single star in the sky is a world of its own, with populated planets and such. Zeus, being a good and kind character in Disney (and thus, Kingdom Hearts) canon (as opposed to his harsher personality in the actual Mythos), would not murder hundreds of populated planets for the sake of celebrating Sora's accomplishment. It's far safer to assume that the planets accompanying these stars, and all the space between (at which point you're talking a whole solar system) was moved along with it.

In other words, he moved ~600 solar systems, not ~600 stars.

Two, on top of this, Xemnas/Xehanort/people on that level are generally considered far above Zeus at the height of their power, so on top of that, even if we're to use the old Large Star level+ value it's quite likely they would just extend into Solar System level regardless.

Then, you stack the two up... yeah. That would be why.

Well, with this, I guess it can be reasonable.

On a side note, would it be too much to ask to get the Ventus speed feat re-calc'ed? As I also noticed it was changed from FTL+ to MFTL+.

I believe that the speed was directly tied to AP assumption. When the stars jumped to solar systems, the ship's travel distance, and thus speed, also jumped, with the second one already present in the original calc (I think it was like, 10 million x C or something?) I suppose it wouldn't hurt?

The speed calc for Ventus dodging the police cruiser was placed at 71c, as a low-end, with this knowledge, would it be reasonable to assume that it took place outside the galaxy like the movie stated?

I had a colleague do a calc.

4.3 ly = 4.068 x 10 ^ 16m

4.068 x 10 ^ 16/130 = 312923076923076.9230769230769231, m/s= 1,043,799c

I used Alpha Centauri as a low-end, which is 4.3ly from our solar system, then used the 130 seconds as a timeframe for the Highwind going between worlds which puts them around 1 million c.

Does it count?

Again, sorry if I am overwhelming, is there any other direct proof that each world exists in a different solar system besides Olympus Coliseum? I am trying to make something.

Hmm...this is a tough one. Due to the vagueness, it may be best to go with the High 4-C estimate. However, since things like Kingdom Hearts and Sora should be a significant amount above Zeus, so it seems more logical them and things of their level would be within the 4-B range instead of High 4-C.

@The Everlasting

DontTalk had simply not had the time to adjust the page according to Tivanenk's suggestions yet, but it has been performed now. You can check out the staff board discussion thread for more information.

As I mentioned earlier, according to the new rules, this would rate as Multi-Solar System level, which causes a massive inconsistency with the KH feat, if I remember correctly.

Hmm, on rechecking your blog post, perhaps restoring worlds should be gauged in the same manner, considering the astronomical distances involved?

Antvasima said:
Hmm, on rechecking your blog post, perhaps restoring worlds should be gauged in the same manner, considering the astronomical distances involved?
That would make sense.

So, what should we do? Upgrade the Sora and the other characters to 4-A?

Antvasima said:
So, what should we do? Upgrade the Sora and the other characters to 4-A?
I don't think so it would likely be smart to upgrade the range of Kingdom Hearts the world too multi solar system but not its power what should really matter is the amount of matter it's affecting range should be a whole nother thing we don't know much about how Kingdom Hearts works so it would probably be best to play it safe and upgrade the range rather than the power unless it already has that range I haven't really looked at the page.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Hmm...this is a tough one. Due to the vagueness, it may be best to go with the High 4-C estimate. However, since things like Kingdom Hearts and Sora should be a significant amount above Zeus, so it seems more logical them and things of their level would be within the 4-B range instead of High 4-C.
I am with Azathoth on this.

I can easily accept 4-B Kingdom Hearts, but not 4-A.

I'd rather keep 4-B KH as well like Azzy. 4-A, just even to that one tier jump, really does not sit well with me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back