• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why was Sora upgraded to Solar System level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the problem is that we talked about this earlier, and according to the new rules page Zeus' feat would rate as 4-A, and possibly the restoring worlds feat as well.

If you think that the rules should be modified, you will have to talk about it within the discussion thread that I linked above.

Wow.....hmm.....yeah i just don't really see KH being that high tho, Ant. I mean we can just go and edit them off based on this and of the new rules...i'm just not gonna like this if anything....maybe just chill it off overtime but still...

Yes, but if this is an inaccurate way of scaling things, you will all have to discuss it with DontTalk in the thread linked above, as we cannot deliberately gauge some franchises by different standards than others.

Oh no it's fine by me....only overtime. I like the series here very much, it's just too high atm for me seeing it "fit" Then again if what Perp said was true on Zeus moving 600 Solar Systems and given how everyone in KH is pretty much made as superior to him, especially KH itself given that Xehanort wants it rather than something like Zeus' power AND going by the rules made here.....i suppose it makes somewhat sense to have them there.

However, i would like to hear others about it IF we go through with this...

Yes. If the others here find it reasonable enough, even though they probably see 4-B rather than 4-A, i would not mind having them there then....

Until then, just have to wait...

Um, no, he shouldn't have been upgraded just by power scaling. He should just be Zero's tier of "at least High 4-C+" since both characters are vastly superior to the ones who did LS+ feats.

Unless there is a calc that outright puts Sora or someone he is comparable to at 4-B, we cannot put him a tier higher just for power scaling.

@Bruce

I'm not sure if you're being biased (since you explicitly mentioned Zero) but what exactly is your issue with the scaling?

Zero is scaled off X's feat of creating black holes, KH characters are scaled off Zeus' feat of moving solar systems. They're not really comparable.

@Reppu

I mentioned Zero because the situation is similar between these characters as both are vastly stronger than the characters who performed said feats. My issue with the scaling is very much my issue with DBZ characters being awarded unfounded tiers for "scaling" off of feats that never happened.

Zeus' feat was only calced at Large Star+ however you could convince me otherwise if you show me a calc that puts him such. Do so and I will concede

The thing is, we've revised it in that they aren't just stars but solar systems since we've already determined that each world has their own individual day-night cycle and the fact that Zeus is too benevolent to just move stars and kill off worlds. Zeus isn't even a blip on Xehanort's radar, and his feat certainly happened.

Then please show me the revised calc for solar system or above. I wish to see it instead of hearing about just scaling, please.

No, we haven't made a new calc since it would be tiresome to count the GBE of EVERY SINGLE CELESTIAL BODY IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM.

But, doing so to 600 Solar Systems more than warrants an upgrade.

Now even though I despise KH with every part of my being I will give a completely unbiased opinion on this matter.

Could we perhap rate Zeus 4-A via reality warping as this is kinda similar to Gothitelle from Pokemon. That is opinion 1.

Opinion 2 is Cross' Suggestion of keeping thw main cast 4-B and placing them "likely higher." Since I don't see them as 4-A either.

Opinion 3 is Ant's suggestion of calling this a possible outlier. Or placing unknown on the files.

This is all I got. If you disagree then that is fine.

Well, the problem is that Kingdom Hearts restoring hundreds of worlds over astronomical distances likely also rates as 4-A according to our new rules regarding such feats, so I do not think that we can call it an outlier.

@Bruce

Since they're vastly different from their regular showings. Keyblade Wielders have taken on foes charged with the power of Kingdom Hearts (albeit, incomplete or fabrications of it) on numerous occasions (Ventus vs Vanitas with the x-Blade, Aqua vs Ventus-Vanitas, Sora and Riku vs Twilight Xemnas e.t.c.) that are plot relevant.

Plus, Kingdom Hearts also has legitimate reasons as to why Sora and co. don't display this power at the start of each game (Chain of Memories, Memories and Abilities wiped, KH2, reawoken from over a year's slumber, DDD, Sora's powers are stripped away for the Mark of Mastery Exam).

Thus it is not an outlier since his lower showings are actually explained away.

@Dragon: I take it that's why you keep putting them in matches then to lose, right?

Anyways, wouldn't Zeus feat still be like....reasonable to use? I get that it may be an outlier or whatever but given that characters are also scaled to another in KH, especially those who've wielded the power of KH or the X-Blade, which if one follows or read some on KH should know that these two are pretty much two things that are superior to Zeus power here?

What i mean is that would the characters, ASSUMING we take up 4-A for them, even still be of that tier even if one of the highest feats of KH that is this were to be an outlier?

Well kingdom hearts itself should be 4-A to 3-C imo. Did Xemnas access the full power of Kingdom hearts? If so I find it odd that Sora and Riku are suddenly able to face off a KH powered Xemnas like they did.

@Dragonmasterxyz

It was overfilled by Sora's use of the Keyblade, but it was ultimately incomplete and not the "True" Kingdom Hearts as it was not accessed via the x-Blade.

@Cross Not really. I have my biases with fights of course(who doesnt) But I feel KH's hax can provide a match against most opponents.

Anyway I think you guys are misunderstanding me. Kingdom Hearts itself should indeed get the upgrade. I am just iffy on the other characters.

Well i hope it doesn't interfere with your opinion here (which thank god it hasn't, thank you).

But yes, you're right about KH itself getting the upgrade however. Because, as what me Reppu and Ever had to keep repeating to others, it's treated as being very important and even superior to that of other beings powers, like Genie Jafar or Maleficent or especially Zeus here with his constellation feat and the other Hercules characters, and so on...from what i can think of that's of truth of the verse?

@Dragonmasterxyz

Still powerful enough to instantly restore hundreds of worlds (solar systems) lost to the darkness after being fully released.

Virtually instantly, as they were already thriving and back to their normal selves by the time Roxas and Sora got back to them.

Well, going by our current standards, as outlined by DontTalk, Zeus' feat would qualify as 4-A. Then again, Discord had a similar feat, and we counted it as a specific hax instead, since it contradicted his regular showings.

4-A Kingdom Hearts is a massive inconsistency. Frankly, Zeus' feat is simply High 4-C, creating and moving a multitude of stars

Okay, but the problem is that we currently have a page, created by DontTalk, that outlines a rule that it is counted as 4-A. So, either we need another staff discussion about modifying the page, or to somehow change the KH tiers.

I have now created a staff discussion thread regarding this issue: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/481642

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back