• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

why no canon to fanon?

one of the main things with my universe is that it's a massive mega cross over with characters from pretty much everything, and a few of my characters best feats are with canon to fanon powerscaling

so why is this not allowed?

Because every verse on here is essentially its own property with a few exceptions made solely between two or more authors who have agreed to abide by the rules of other; should there be one giant collective crossover, many if not all of the already established rules set by a certain verse have the potential to be overthrown, stripped, or straight up contradicted by another despite somehow residing in a setting that is bound to implode with the number of things in some verses.

Not to mention a number of articles here have a tier 0 involved in their verses, so either none of them are truly the supreme being of existence or somehow all of them are in one really messy mass of ideas.

Unless one wants to go on asking the permission of everyone on the site to be in some way involved or connected and somehow manage to be even functionally cohesive then it's best let be for now with a verse that involves everything.

i have to leave this wiki then, by not allowing any sort of cross over, the final villain loses all of the symbolism that i put into the character's backstory

Cross overs are allowed but there has to be a mutual agreement between authors in order to not make a big ol mess when verse mechanics play into it. But easy traveling if such doesn't fit one's self.

but the thing is it's not between other fan made verses, it's between my verse and canon games/shows

Its still going to be a bit of an issue for primarily the same reasons if you do, again, plan to involve everything and attempt to make it consistent among all verses avalible. But there is ultimately no issue if a person is trying to cross over a couple of verses with one's own and such.

while only a few actually appear, the final big bad can freely go from one verse to another, it's one of his powers,we only see him go through a few but he's credited with going through many more, i probably could pick out only a few, but it would sorta ruin the point of the character

A character is only ruined if its actual character is ruined, I would personally still attempt to see through to it because it may lead to something even more than what was originally planned even if it didn't start as firstly thought.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that in general, Crossovers, especially huge ones, can easily contradict eachother. An example above is if the verses each have their own tier 0s. There can't be more than 1 Tier 0.

Another problem are ruined characters; if the crossover'd characters are meant to be the canon ones but act completely different with uncharacteristic uses of their abilities and generally screwing the entire canon story up, then that's ruining the character.

You CAN make a massive crossover, heck I have a massive crossover of all the Kamen Riders as a verse. It's just that you have to make sure it all makes sense.

Back