• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't there a request thread for locking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one for match additions, match removals, profile deletion etc but not one for thread locking. Why not? Should there be one? It only makes sense considering only staff can lock/delete threads on the new forum.

There's no reason to have such a specific thread, when one already exists that does the same thing.
I mean we have specific threads for other things, why not thread locking. Seems way better than putting a request in general purpose and hoping it gets seen amongst all the other comments about unrelated things.

I mean we have specific threads for other things, why not thread locking. Seems way better than putting a request in general purpose and hoping it gets seen amongst all the other comments about unrelated things.
For important things that deserve their own thread. This isn't that important. There's not much things that are "unrelated" in an all purpose thread. It's really slow too, so every request gets seen always anyway.

I am neutral regarding this issue, but as Ogbunabali said, we already have a thread that currently includes these tasks.

It may be more self-evident for regular members if we create such a thread though.

I agree with Ogbunabali. This issue isn't a major one and the current all-purpose request thread works just fine to handle something like this. We don't need a thread dedicated for this.

Well, I and other staff members tend to get quite a lot of requests to close threads via our message walls, so our regular members evidently currently get confused regarding where to ask about this, and an official thread for it would likely help in that regard.

I agree with AKM, who agrees with Ogbunabali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back