• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Dora's profile should say adios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, Cool Cat's profile was deleted due to "not being combat oriented", and just...weak.

Guess who lost to Cool Cat? Dora. Guess who also isn't combat oriented? Also Dora.

So from this, I've come to the conclusion that Dora's profile should be deleted.

Yes, I'm that petty.

This Dora is actually perfectly fine. If we were talking about the cartoon Dora I would agree with you. Cool Cat is from an anti bullying video, meanwhile Dora here actually is oriented to combat as she's from an adventure movie. She fights people multiple times and has a few 9-C feats. A haxless 9-C with subsonic reactions is perfectly fine; Hell I'm pretty sure we have a profile for Water Bears which don't fight and a regular anime cop.

I was talking about the propeller dodging part at the end. Seems like it'll qualify for decent-ish acrobatics

This movie might actually receive a sequel btw, it performed good at the Box Office and with critics, so Low 2-C Dora is a-coming

Anyways, the profile is still weirdly bare, doesn't she have Limited Animal Manipulation for being able to talk to Boots and crew? I reckon she may actually have more minor hax in the movie, I'd have to look.

I find it strange too. But does Boots even talk in th movie? We can put a "possibly", stating that she could talk with him when she was younger.

We're not scaling from the TV show first off, that'll be compositing.

But yes, researching, Boots does talk in the climax, and it was implied Dora talked to him before the same way you'd talk to your cat. So like, no hax there.

Iv we're not scaling from the show, then what about this?

"possibly 4th Wall Awareness (Spoke directly to the viewer when younger, though she never does it when older)"

It's on her profile. Should it be deleted?

No, her fourth wall breaks are mentioned in the film as a joke (the "Can you say" thing is in the opening sequence with young Dora).

Also she did have some super minor hax listed in her equipment, so added them.

Zark2099 said:
Can you say adios?
Dora suprisingly enough has skillz and great reaction, I legit don't know how Cool Cat beat her, except for downplay and wank ig, or y'know, rigged equipment restricted matches (Gois base Iron Man is 9-C, lets delete that profile). Alongside that, she does have actually good statistics in speed, stamina and intelligence, unlike Cool Cat.

Also going by the trailer, shouldn't she have Acrobatics?
Speed was equalized, and a 10-A VS a 10-A with a knife is pretty stompish if you asked me. She also would have blitzed him if speed wasn't equalized.

So by your logic, she knocked out one person, so she's combat oriented?

And Cool Cat Loves Wrestling ISN'T comabt oriented?

You seem to constantly forget that Cool Cat had two whole books dedicated to him learning martial arts.

So if you're only gonna count the original material for Cool Cat when evaluating whether he's "combat oriented" or not, you might as well do the same for Dora, who originated in a Nick Jr. cartoon for 4 year olds. Otherwise, both should exist because they have material in which they ARE combat oriented.

Also, Dora has no feats without weapons.

Dora is from a AN ACTION ADVENTURE FILM. The original "show" isn't a thing canon to this iteration, unless you wanna argue we should remove Superman too because he was a kids character originally

Again, context of the verse matters when discussing the relevance in Vs Battles. Dwight from Office has more hax and skill than Cool Cat. Cool Cat is a character from a kids book with Normal Human stats. Dora isn't.

I guess you forgot about her Subsonic reactions, Street Dura and Gifted intelligence for the sake of arguing in order to somehow bully us into restoring the page. A meme is only funny when it isn't being shoved down others throat like normie garbage. Let the page die for Christ's sake

Also, doesn't ******* matter she's not combat oriented without her equipment. She has them for a goddamn reason. We're not gonna be deleting Iron Man (Marvel Comics) anytime soon so the argument's irrelevant

Anyways, the consensus is against removing the profile, and any reasons presented are ignorant to the film itself and biased.

I reckon this has been resolved unless someone wants to argue otherwise, in which scenario you can ask me to reopen the thread on my message wall.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back